|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shopkeeper explain is his curse?
2. What happens when Cohen is about to land a killing blow to Herrena?
3. What comes out of the eight dark spheres?
4. What is described as a more accurate description of Ankh-Morpork?
5. What does Twoflower suggest someone do to stop the world from crashing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What role does the Luggage play in the story?
Part 2) Speculate on what happens to the people after they are bitten by the Luggage.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What was the purpose of Lackjaw, the shopkeeper, and Belafon being introduced into the story with so much background and then not appearing again?
Part 2) Pick one of these characters to write a short story about. This story can take place either before or after the appearance of Rincewind, Twoflower, and or Cohen.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Take a close look at Trymon's character. What were his attributes? What in his personality lead to his downfall?
Part 2) When the other wizards came to congratulate him why did he turn them to stone?
Part 3) What did it convey that the wizards wanted to congratulate Trymon even after he had locked them in the dungeon and taken the Octavo?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)