|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the other wizards doing when Rincewind reaches the top of the steps?
2. What about the noises that they hear convinces Rincewind and the others that they can't possibly be a danger?
3. What do all the theories about the magically appearing shops have in common?
4. When they first reach where Trymon is what do they notice about the Octavo?
5. What does Rincewind say he hopes the shop sells when he first wakes up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or on a flying rock?
Part 2) Who seems more sensible? Rincewind or Twoflower? Explain your logic.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Explain Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan and her place in the book.
Part 2) Is there any indication that she died or would show up again later in the series? Why or why not?
Part 3) What purpose does the author have in explaining that she is not 'pert' and scantily dressed?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Explain the presence of Death.
Part 2) Speculate on why Death only talks in capital letters?
Part 3) Speculate on why Death shows up personally to take all wizards.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)