|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rincewind see when he first wakes up in the shop?
2. Why does the man in the city explain that everyone is going to the mountains?
3. What does Cohen find in the Luggage when he pries the lid open?
4. What does Cohen tell the man that he feels like doing when the man says that all magical books must be burned?
5. What does Cohen tell Bethan to help him do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What was significant about the Octavo being able to talk to Rincewind?
Part 2) What does it imply that the book was a plain black book once the spells were in Trymon?
Part 3) What did the Octavo represent for Trymon? What did it represent for Rincewind?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Explain the presence of Death.
Part 2) Speculate on why Death only talks in capital letters?
Part 3) Speculate on why Death shows up personally to take all wizards.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What was the purpose of Lackjaw, the shopkeeper, and Belafon being introduced into the story with so much background and then not appearing again?
Part 2) Pick one of these characters to write a short story about. This story can take place either before or after the appearance of Rincewind, Twoflower, and or Cohen.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)