|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say when Bethan asks if the shop is magical?
2. What happens to the eight dark spheres orbiting the red star after the Octavo spells are said correctly?
3. Where does the Octavo go?
4. What can the Great A'Tuin recall as it nears the glowing red of the dwarf star?
5. What does Cohen have the jeweler do with the diamonds he brought in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Do you believe that Weems accidentally fell to the ground or that Rincewind instigated the drop? Explain your answer.
Part 2) Do you believe that Rincewind was happy, sad, or indifferent to Twoflower's departure? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about:
Part 1) If you had to choose one would you rather have the pile of gold, the diamond din chewers, or the Luggage? Explain why.
Part 2) If you were going on vacation what spot from the story would you want to visit and why?
Part 3) Do you believe that the Great A'Tuin is male or female or is that still indeterminable? Does the fact that magic helped the eggs to hatch matter?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is the reason that Cohen and Bethan are drawn to each other?
Part 2) What effect did Bethan's lifestyle have on her character since she had spent the last eight years getting ready to be a sacrifice?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)