|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ferryman say when Herrena asks about the usual ferryman?
2. What does Bethan tell Rincewind to do when Rincewind says it is all over?
3. Why does the man in the city explain that everyone is going to the mountains?
4. What does Wert say will happen if one mind holds all the spells?
5. What happens after Rincewind says the eight spells from the Octavo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) From what is seen in the story speculate on what changed in Rincewind after his time with Twoflower.
Part 2) What else in the story does Twoflower seem to change? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What is the reason that Cohen and Bethan are drawn to each other?
Part 2) What effect did Bethan's lifestyle have on her character since she had spent the last eight years getting ready to be a sacrifice?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Explain the presence of Death.
Part 2) Speculate on why Death only talks in capital letters?
Part 3) Speculate on why Death shows up personally to take all wizards.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)