|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the shop keeper say he stopped when he did in the alley way?
2. What happens to each spell as Rincewind says it?
3. What does Cohen notice that the Luggage is doing when Twoflower is kicked?
4. Where does Twoflower say he is going?
5. What do the other wizards suggest they should do when they first see that Trymon has successfully said all the spells in the Octavo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about:
Part 1) If you had to choose one would you rather have the pile of gold, the diamond din chewers, or the Luggage? Explain why.
Part 2) If you were going on vacation what spot from the story would you want to visit and why?
Part 3) Do you believe that the Great A'Tuin is male or female or is that still indeterminable? Does the fact that magic helped the eggs to hatch matter?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What is the reason that Cohen and Bethan are drawn to each other?
Part 2) What effect did Bethan's lifestyle have on her character since she had spent the last eight years getting ready to be a sacrifice?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Explain Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan and her place in the book.
Part 2) Is there any indication that she died or would show up again later in the series? Why or why not?
Part 3) What purpose does the author have in explaining that she is not 'pert' and scantily dressed?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)