|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weems tell Rincewind after the Luggage has disappeared?
2. What does Cohen say about the box that the find in the alley way?
3. What does Trymon experience when he first picks up the Octavo?
4. Why does Bethan say she thinks that Cohen is attacking the Luggage?
5. What does the woman burning books say she is doing when Cohen asks her.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Explain Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan and her place in the book.
Part 2) Is there any indication that she died or would show up again later in the series? Why or why not?
Part 3) What purpose does the author have in explaining that she is not 'pert' and scantily dressed?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Twoflower's character.
Part 2) Why does Twoflower want pictures of everything?
Part 3) What does it say about Twoflower that he is willing to go and fight Trymon even though he seems to know he won't survive?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Take a close look at Trymon's character. What were his attributes? What in his personality lead to his downfall?
Part 2) When the other wizards came to congratulate him why did he turn them to stone?
Part 3) What did it convey that the wizards wanted to congratulate Trymon even after he had locked them in the dungeon and taken the Octavo?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)