|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cohen have the jeweler do with the diamonds he brought in?
2. Why does Twoflower say that he isn't afraid that the Disc is going to be destroyed by the red star?
3. What does Cohen tell the man that he feels like doing when the man says that all magical books must be burned?
4. What does Rincewind see when he first wakes up in the shop?
5. What does Twoflower do when he realizes that the ferryman is Cohen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) If you had to pick one character from the book to be your tour guide, which one would you pick and why?
Part 2) If you were in the city and there was a red star going to destroy the earth, would you most likely go to the mountains to get a better view or become one of the star people? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Explain the presence of Death.
Part 2) Speculate on why Death only talks in capital letters?
Part 3) Speculate on why Death shows up personally to take all wizards.
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write about:
Part 1) If you had to choose one would you rather have the pile of gold, the diamond din chewers, or the Luggage? Explain why.
Part 2) If you were going on vacation what spot from the story would you want to visit and why?
Part 3) Do you believe that the Great A'Tuin is male or female or is that still indeterminable? Does the fact that magic helped the eggs to hatch matter?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)