|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cohen tell the man that he feels like doing when the man says that all magical books must be burned?
2. What does Cohen ask Lackjaw about as they leave Lackjaw's store?
3. What does Wert say will happen if one mind holds all the spells?
4. What does Rincewind say he hopes the shop sells when he first wakes up?
5. What does Trymon experience when he first picks up the Octavo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) From what is seen in the story speculate on what changed in Rincewind after his time with Twoflower.
Part 2) What else in the story does Twoflower seem to change? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Explain Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan and her place in the book.
Part 2) Is there any indication that she died or would show up again later in the series? Why or why not?
Part 3) What purpose does the author have in explaining that she is not 'pert' and scantily dressed?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What does it say about Rincewind that he did not look back at Death's house after Ysabell warned him not to? Did he seem to have any curiosity about it at all?
Part 2) What would you want to do with Death if you could visit his house?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)