|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the other wizards doing when Rincewind reaches the top of the steps?
2. Why does Bethan say she thinks that Cohen is attacking the Luggage?
3. What does Twoflower say he notices on Rincewind that makes him think Rincewind is being serious?
4. Where does Twoflower say he is going?
5. What's painted on the doors in the city?
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following to write about:
Part 1) If you had to choose one would you rather have the pile of gold, the diamond din chewers, or the Luggage? Explain why.
Part 2) If you were going on vacation what spot from the story would you want to visit and why?
Part 3) Do you believe that the Great A'Tuin is male or female or is that still indeterminable? Does the fact that magic helped the eggs to hatch matter?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What was significant about the Octavo being able to talk to Rincewind?
Part 2) What does it imply that the book was a plain black book once the spells were in Trymon?
Part 3) What did the Octavo represent for Trymon? What did it represent for Rincewind?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Do you believe that Weems accidentally fell to the ground or that Rincewind instigated the drop? Explain your answer.
Part 2) Do you believe that Rincewind was happy, sad, or indifferent to Twoflower's departure? Explain.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)