|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rincewind tell Bethan that he needs when he arrives in the empty alleyway?
2. What happens when Cohen is about to land a killing blow to Herrena?
3. When they first reach where Trymon is what do they notice about the Octavo?
4. Where does Rincewind say he is going to build his house?
5. What can the Great A'Tuin recall as it nears the glowing red of the dwarf star?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why does Rincewind decide to go back to the Unseen University?
Part 2) Do you believe that he will eventually become a great wizard? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Take a close look at Trymon's character. What were his attributes? What in his personality lead to his downfall?
Part 2) When the other wizards came to congratulate him why did he turn them to stone?
Part 3) What did it convey that the wizards wanted to congratulate Trymon even after he had locked them in the dungeon and taken the Octavo?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is the reason that Cohen and Bethan are drawn to each other?
Part 2) What effect did Bethan's lifestyle have on her character since she had spent the last eight years getting ready to be a sacrifice?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)