|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the shop keeper say he stopped when he did in the alley way?
2. What does Rincewind say is the secrete passage he knows about was used for in times past?
3. What do the other wizards suggest they should do when they first see that Trymon has successfully said all the spells in the Octavo?
4. What does Cohen tell Bethan to help him do?
5. What happens when the sunlight hits the Octavo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Explain Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan and her place in the book.
Part 2) Is there any indication that she died or would show up again later in the series? Why or why not?
Part 3) What purpose does the author have in explaining that she is not 'pert' and scantily dressed?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What was significant about the Octavo being able to talk to Rincewind?
Part 2) What does it imply that the book was a plain black book once the spells were in Trymon?
Part 3) What did the Octavo represent for Trymon? What did it represent for Rincewind?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What role do the Trolls play in the book?
Part 2) Why are the Trolls only there for a short period of time? Is it possible that they will appear later in the series?
Part 3) Why was it important that it was philosophy that was killing the Trolls?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)