|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the eight dark spheres orbiting the red star after the Octavo spells are said correctly?
2. What does the woman burning books say she is doing when Cohen asks her.
3. What does Rincewind say he hopes the shop sells when he first wakes up?
4. Where does Rincewind say they are going?
5. What is Rincewind having the work crews do at the end of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Explain Herrena the Henna-Haired Harridan and her place in the book.
Part 2) Is there any indication that she died or would show up again later in the series? Why or why not?
Part 3) What purpose does the author have in explaining that she is not 'pert' and scantily dressed?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about:
Part 1) If you had to choose one would you rather have the pile of gold, the diamond din chewers, or the Luggage? Explain why.
Part 2) If you were going on vacation what spot from the story would you want to visit and why?
Part 3) Do you believe that the Great A'Tuin is male or female or is that still indeterminable? Does the fact that magic helped the eggs to hatch matter?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Explain the presence of Death.
Part 2) Speculate on why Death only talks in capital letters?
Part 3) Speculate on why Death shows up personally to take all wizards.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)