|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twoflower say when Rincewind asks him if he can use a sword?
2. What does Cohen have the jeweler do with the diamonds he brought in?
3. Where does Twoflower say he is going?
4. Why does the shop keeper say he stopped when he did in the alley way?
5. What do the other wizards suggest they should do when they first see that Trymon has successfully said all the spells in the Octavo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What was significant about the Octavo being able to talk to Rincewind?
Part 2) What does it imply that the book was a plain black book once the spells were in Trymon?
Part 3) What did the Octavo represent for Trymon? What did it represent for Rincewind?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What was the purpose of Lackjaw, the shopkeeper, and Belafon being introduced into the story with so much background and then not appearing again?
Part 2) Pick one of these characters to write a short story about. This story can take place either before or after the appearance of Rincewind, Twoflower, and or Cohen.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Take a close look at Trymon's character. What were his attributes? What in his personality lead to his downfall?
Part 2) When the other wizards came to congratulate him why did he turn them to stone?
Part 3) What did it convey that the wizards wanted to congratulate Trymon even after he had locked them in the dungeon and taken the Octavo?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)