|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they first reach where Trymon is what do they notice about the Octavo?
2. Who is helping Rincewind when Twoflowers approaches him in the end of the story?
3. What does Trymon experience when he first picks up the Octavo?
4. What does Twoflower say when Rincewind asks him if he can use a sword?
5. What does Twoflower suggest someone do to stop the world from crashing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Rincewind's character.
Part 2) Is fear always a bad thing? In what way could fear be considered good?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or on a flying rock?
Part 2) Who seems more sensible? Rincewind or Twoflower? Explain your logic.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is the reason that Cohen and Bethan are drawn to each other?
Part 2) What effect did Bethan's lifestyle have on her character since she had spent the last eight years getting ready to be a sacrifice?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)