|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twoflower say is the name of the card game he was playing?
2. What's in Old Grandad's nostril that helps them climb out of his mouth?
3. What does Ysabell say it is very important not to do when leaving?
4. What does Herrena say is the reason she wasn't cut out to be a wife?
5. What do Rincewind and Twoflower notice about the stars while on the broom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rincewind gets to the door where the Octavo had been?
2. What happens in Rincewind's dream?
3. Describe Trymon's attempt to kill Galder.
4. What are the barbarian chieftain and the greatest hero in Discworld discussing?
5. What happens to Rincewind when he is first in the forest?
6. What happens once Rincewind, Bethan, and Cohen are in the dungeon?
7. What does the Astronomer explain about the red star that has appeared?
8. What happens to the people that kidnap Cohen, Twoflower, and Bethan?
9. What does Trymon learn about Rincewind's zodiac sign and his horoscope?
10. Describe what Rincewind finds when he first comes to Death's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) From what is seen in the story speculate on what changed in Rincewind after his time with Twoflower.
Part 2) What else in the story does Twoflower seem to change? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Explain the presence of Death.
Part 2) Speculate on why Death only talks in capital letters?
Part 3) Speculate on why Death shows up personally to take all wizards.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What did you feel in the story was the most important focus and why?
Part 2) What was NOT answered, or NOT answered to your satisfaction in the book and why?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)