|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethan tell Rincewind to do when Rincewind says it is all over?
(a) To go help Twoflower.
(b) To run away.
(c) To try anyway.
(d) To go find Cohen.
2. Who opens the door where the wizards are locked up?
(d) A magical mouse.
3. What does the shopkeeper explain is his curse?
(a) To always have to pay high prices for his inventory.
(b) To run the shop forever without closing.
(c) To never return to his home.
(d) To remain alone.
4. What does Rincewind see when he first wakes up in the shop?
(a) A suit of armor.
(b) The Luggage.
(c) A mouse with an odd hat.
(d) A stuffed crocodile.
5. What sound can Rincewind hear as they enter the dungeon of the Unseen University?
(a) Creatures screaming to get through from the Dungeon Dimension.
(b) A banshee.
(c) Someone singing really bad karaoke
(d) Men banging on doors and shouting.
6. What does the woman burning books say she is doing when Cohen asks her.
(a) Trying to frighten off the red star.
(b) Milking a cow, what does it look like?
(c) Trying to appease the Gods.
(d) Ridding the Disk of wickidness.
7. What feature of Trymon seems odd when Rincewind reaches the top of the stairs?
(a) His lips.
(b) His hands.
(c) His ears.
(d) His eyes.
8. What comes out of the eight dark spheres?
(a) Baby turtles with small elephants and small disks.
(c) An array of stars.
(d) Magical energy.
9. What does Cohen tell Bethan to help him do?
(a) Pick up the pieces of diamond from the Troll's shattered teeth.
(b) Apply more liniment.
(c) Snap his back into place.
(d) Help him make soup.
10. What do Cohen and Bethan announce?
(a) The have found a place to sleep for the night.
(b) Cohen has found a magic carpet.
(c) They have found treasure.
(d) They are getting married
11. What does Cohen find in the Luggage when he pries the lid open?
(a) He doesn't say but has to go throw up.
(c) An empty void.
12. What do all the theories about the magically appearing shops have in common?
(a) They are all created by the Government.
(b) They are all utterly wrong.
(c) They are all correct in their own way.
(d) They are all very interesting.
13. What can the Great A'Tuin recall as it nears the glowing red of the dwarf star?
(a) He left the stove on.
(b) Doing all this before.
(c) That life depends on this moment.
(d) That this is what it was created for.
14. What do the other wizards suggest they should do when they first see that Trymon has successfully said all the spells in the Octavo?
(a) Make him put the spells back.
(b) Go and kill him.
(c) Get him a nice 'good job on the deadly spells' cake.
(d) Go congradulate him.
15. What does Cohen notice that the Luggage is doing when Twoflower is kicked?
(a) It is guarding Bethan.
(b) It is looking up--as much as it can look up.
(c) It has disappeared.
(d) It is guarding Rincewind and the Octavo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Twoflower say that he isn't afraid that the Disc is going to be destroyed by the red star?
2. What is wrong with the word that tells Bethan that Rincewind said it wrong?
3. Why does the shop keeper say he stopped when he did in the alley way?
4. What does Twoflower say when he is heading up the tower to face Trymon?
5. Where does Rincewind say he is going to build his house?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)