|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they first reach where Trymon is what do they notice about the Octavo?
(a) It is completely blank.
(b) It seems sad.
(c) It has a swirling vortex of death over it.
(d) It is glowing black.
2. Where does the Octavo go?
(a) It disappears into the Demon Dimension.
(b) It becomes a small turtle.
(c) It magically is blank and the spells are all gone.
(d) The Luggage eats it.
3. What do all the theories about the magically appearing shops have in common?
(a) They are all correct in their own way.
(b) They are all created by the Government.
(c) They are all utterly wrong.
(d) They are all very interesting.
4. What happens when the sunlight hits the Octavo?
(a) The people see images of the turtles filtering past their eyes.
(b) The spells begin to speak to Rincewind.
(c) It begins to fall back to Earth.
(d) The Unseen University begins to shift.
5. What does the Luggage do first to try and save Twoflower when Herrena has captured him for the second time?
(a) Eats one of the horses.
(b) Calls the Trolls to come help.
(c) Falls on them from the top of a tree.
(d) Lays in the middle of the road with its lid open and gold inside.
6. What happens when Cohen is about to land a killing blow to Herrena?
(a) Cohen is tripped by the Luggage.
(b) His back goes out.
(c) Bethan is captured.
(d) He falls over from his arthritis.
7. What does Twoflower do when he realizes that the ferryman is Cohen?
(a) Starts laughing.
(b) Pretends to faint.
(c) Runs up and hugs him.
(d) Tells Herrena that she has had it now.
8. What's painted on the doors in the city?
(a) A yellow sun.
(b) A picture of the Disk.
(c) The Great A'Tuin.
(d) A red star.
9. What does Trymon do to the eight other wizards?
(a) Locks them in the Octavo's room.
(b) Summons a demon to attack them.
(c) Casts a spell on them sending them to the Nevernever.
(d) Kills them.
10. What does Wert say will happen if one mind holds all the spells?
(a) It will break down and leave a hole.
(b) The person's mind will explode.
(c) The person will be transported to the Demon Dimension.
(d) No one is sure, but they are certain it will be unpleasant.
11. What does Weems tell Rincewind after the Luggage has disappeared?
(a) Weems says he will kill Rincewind before he goes.
(b) Weems says he is afraid of nothing.
(c) Weems tells Rincewind he has magic charms of his own.
(d) Weems says he will let Rincewind go if he will help him.
12. What comes out of the eight dark spheres?
(b) Magical energy.
(c) An array of stars.
(d) Baby turtles with small elephants and small disks.
13. Where does Twoflower say he is going?
(a) To see the pyramids.
(b) On another adventure.
(c) Back home.
(d) To Cohen's wedding.
14. What does Twoflower say when Rincewind asks him if he can use a sword?
(a) Of course. It's the same as playing ball.
(b) He used to have little figurines that had swords.
(c) He has never tried.
(d) He has trained with the best.
15. What does Twoflower say about the Luggage when everyone is trying to pry it open to get the Octavo?
(a) It might have been made from the same tree as the Octavo.
(b) It really likes the attention.
(c) The Luggage is an odd creation.
(d) They are going to make it angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the shop keeper say he stopped when he did in the alley way?
2. What is Rincewind having the work crews do at the end of the story?
3. What happens to Herrena that stops her form killing Cohen?
4. What does Twoflower say he notices on Rincewind that makes him think Rincewind is being serious?
5. Why does Bethan say she thinks that Cohen is attacking the Luggage?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)