|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shopkeeper explain is his curse?
(a) To never return to his home.
(b) To run the shop forever without closing.
(c) To remain alone.
(d) To always have to pay high prices for his inventory.
2. How many times does Twoflower say that Rincewind has almost been killed within the last year?
(c) Actually none if you come to think about it.
3. What does Weems tell Rincewind after the Luggage has disappeared?
(a) Weems says he is afraid of nothing.
(b) Weems tells Rincewind he has magic charms of his own.
(c) Weems says he will kill Rincewind before he goes.
(d) Weems says he will let Rincewind go if he will help him.
4. What does Rincewind see when he first wakes up in the shop?
(a) A stuffed crocodile.
(b) A mouse with an odd hat.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) The Luggage.
5. What is Rincewind having the work crews do at the end of the story?
(a) Lower the statues of the wizards to the ground.
(b) Repaint the main hall for a feast.
(c) Rebuild the Unseen University's gates.
(d) Organizing the library.
6. What does Rincewind explain is the problem with reading the Great A'Tuin's mind?
(a) A'Tuin is upset by the four elephants standing on his back.
(b) A'Tuin is asleep.
(c) No one can translate turtle.
(d) The Great A'Tuin talks very slowly.
7. What odd happens as the Octavo tumbles to the floor?
(a) It becomes translucent.
(b) It doesn't reach the floor.
(c) An unseen hand grabs it.
(d) It goes through the stones.
8. What do the other wizards suggest they should do when they first see that Trymon has successfully said all the spells in the Octavo?
(a) Get him a nice 'good job on the deadly spells' cake.
(b) Go congradulate him.
(c) Make him put the spells back.
(d) Go and kill him.
9. What does the man say when Bethan asks if the shop is magical?
(a) A bit.
(b) No it is not! You cannot prove it.
(c) What shop?
(d) Well of course.
10. What does Rincewind say he hopes the shop sells when he first wakes up?
(a) Magical spells.
(b) Tickets out of crazy town.
11. What does Twoflower leave for Bethan and Cohen?
(a) A cook book with everything but soup recipes.
(b) The trinket from the magic shop.
(c) A large bag of money.
(d) The sword Twoflower had taken during the looting.
12. What unique attribute is Ankh-Morpork said to have that its citizens are proud of?
(a) Its organized crime rate.
(b) Its size.
(c) The willingness for the general populace to accept any travesty that comes along.
(d) Its smell.
13. What happens to Trymon?
(a) He falls over the edge of the tower.
(b) One of the beasts eats him.
(c) He is pulled into another dimension.
(d) One of the spells kills him.
14. Why does Bethan say she thinks that Cohen is attacking the Luggage?
(a) Cohen is afraid of it.
(b) Hoping to retrieve one of the men that attacked them.
(c) He wants the gold.
15. What is wrong with the word that tells Bethan that Rincewind said it wrong?
(a) It is the wrong color.
(b) It is mishapen.
(c) It is sitting off by itself sulking.
(d) It is still on the page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Herrena that stops her form killing Cohen?
2. What does the woman burning books say she is doing when Cohen asks her.
3. Where does Twoflower say he is going?
4. Why does Twoflower say that he isn't afraid that the Disc is going to be destroyed by the red star?
5. What does Twoflower do when he realizes that the ferryman is Cohen?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)