|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is helping Rincewind when Twoflowers approaches him in the end of the story?
(a) The librarian.
2. What about the noises that they hear convinces Rincewind and the others that they can't possibly be a danger?
(a) They soft crying.
(b) The wheezing sounds.
(c) The cries for momies.
(d) The fact that some of them are yelling about peeing their pants.
3. What can the Great A'Tuin recall as it nears the glowing red of the dwarf star?
(a) That life depends on this moment.
(b) That this is what it was created for.
(c) He left the stove on.
(d) Doing all this before.
4. What does Twoflower say when he is heading up the tower to face Trymon?
(a) He has always dreamed of something like this.
(b) He wished he knew what he was doing.
(c) He wishes he had a sword with more balance.
(d) He wishes his mother were here to see this.
5. What unique attribute is Ankh-Morpork said to have that its citizens are proud of?
(a) The willingness for the general populace to accept any travesty that comes along.
(b) Its size.
(c) Its organized crime rate.
(d) Its smell.
6. What is the one thing that Bethan says that the shop doesn't have?
(c) Flying brooms.
7. Who opens the door where the wizards are locked up?
(a) A magical mouse.
8. What happens to Trymon?
(a) One of the beasts eats him.
(b) He is pulled into another dimension.
(c) One of the spells kills him.
(d) He falls over the edge of the tower.
9. What does Rincewind say he is going to do?
(a) Start up a pickled gherkin shop.
(b) Re-enroll in the University.
(c) Start work in the Unseen University library.
(d) Drink himself to oblivion.
10. What does Cohen notice that the Luggage is doing when Twoflower is kicked?
(a) It is looking up--as much as it can look up.
(b) It is guarding Rincewind and the Octavo.
(c) It is guarding Bethan.
(d) It has disappeared.
11. What happens when the sunlight hits the Octavo?
(a) The Unseen University begins to shift.
(b) The people see images of the turtles filtering past their eyes.
(c) The spells begin to speak to Rincewind.
(d) It begins to fall back to Earth.
12. Where does the Octavo go?
(a) The Luggage eats it.
(b) It magically is blank and the spells are all gone.
(c) It disappears into the Demon Dimension.
(d) It becomes a small turtle.
13. What does the shopkeeper explain is his curse?
(a) To remain alone.
(b) To never return to his home.
(c) To always have to pay high prices for his inventory.
(d) To run the shop forever without closing.
14. What does Trymon do to the eight other wizards?
(a) Casts a spell on them sending them to the Nevernever.
(b) Summons a demon to attack them.
(c) Kills them.
(d) Locks them in the Octavo's room.
15. What does Rincewind say about the star?
(a) It is their destiny.
(b) It is life, not death.
(c) The Octavo must unite with the star.
(d) It's going to miss them by a mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they first reach where Trymon is what do they notice about the Octavo?
2. What do the people say they are going to do with Rincewind when they get to the top of the tower?
3. What does Rincewind say is the secrete passage he knows about was used for in times past?
4. What does Rincewind explain is the problem with reading the Great A'Tuin's mind?
5. What does the Luggage do first to try and save Twoflower when Herrena has captured him for the second time?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)