|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethan tell Rincewind to do when Rincewind says it is all over?
(a) To go find Cohen.
(b) To try anyway.
(c) To go help Twoflower.
(d) To run away.
2. What about the noises that they hear convinces Rincewind and the others that they can't possibly be a danger?
(a) They soft crying.
(b) The cries for momies.
(c) The fact that some of them are yelling about peeing their pants.
(d) The wheezing sounds.
3. What odd happens as the Octavo tumbles to the floor?
(a) It goes through the stones.
(b) It becomes translucent.
(c) It doesn't reach the floor.
(d) An unseen hand grabs it.
4. What does Twoflower say he notices on Rincewind that makes him think Rincewind is being serious?
(a) His knuckles are white.
(b) The vein on the side of his forehead.
(c) Rincewind is refusing to cry.
(d) His teeth gritting.
5. What does the man say when Bethan asks if the shop is magical?
(a) A bit.
(b) No it is not! You cannot prove it.
(c) What shop?
(d) Well of course.
6. What does Rincewind see when he first wakes up in the shop?
(a) A mouse with an odd hat.
(b) A stuffed crocodile.
(c) The Luggage.
(d) A suit of armor.
7. What happens when Cohen is about to land a killing blow to Herrena?
(a) He falls over from his arthritis.
(b) Cohen is tripped by the Luggage.
(c) His back goes out.
(d) Bethan is captured.
8. What does the shopkeeper explain is his curse?
(a) To remain alone.
(b) To run the shop forever without closing.
(c) To always have to pay high prices for his inventory.
(d) To never return to his home.
9. What is the one thing that Bethan says that the shop doesn't have?
(a) Flying brooms.
10. What do all the theories about the magically appearing shops have in common?
(a) They are all utterly wrong.
(b) They are all correct in their own way.
(c) They are all created by the Government.
(d) They are all very interesting.
11. What does Twoflower give Rincewind?
(a) A magic ring.
(c) An address and an open invite to come visit.
(d) The Luggage.
12. What do the people say they are going to do with Rincewind when they get to the top of the tower?
(a) Throw him off.
(b) Tear him limb from limb.
(c) Feed him to the Trolls.
(d) Burn him at the stake.
13. What does Twoflower suggest someone do to stop the world from crashing?
(a) Run around screaming like idiots until a hero steps forward.
(b) Tell the Great A'Tuin to miss it.
(c) Put out some sort of magical anchor.
(d) Destroy the red star.
14. What does Rincewind explain is the problem with reading the Great A'Tuin's mind?
(a) A'Tuin is asleep.
(b) A'Tuin is upset by the four elephants standing on his back.
(c) The Great A'Tuin talks very slowly.
(d) No one can translate turtle.
15. Why does the shop keeper say he stopped when he did in the alley way?
(a) To use the bathroom.
(b) His horoscope told him to.
(c) To get his bearings.
(d) To find someone that owed him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rincewind say he is going to build his house?
2. What does Rincewind say is the secrete passage he knows about was used for in times past?
3. What happens to the eight dark spheres orbiting the red star after the Octavo spells are said correctly?
4. What does Trymon experience when he first picks up the Octavo?
5. What happens to Trymon?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)