|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rincewind say he is going to do?
(a) Drink himself to oblivion.
(b) Start up a pickled gherkin shop.
(c) Start work in the Unseen University library.
(d) Re-enroll in the University.
2. What does Twoflower give Rincewind?
(a) An address and an open invite to come visit.
(c) The Luggage.
(d) A magic ring.
3. What is wrong with the word that tells Bethan that Rincewind said it wrong?
(a) It is mishapen.
(b) It is the wrong color.
(c) It is sitting off by itself sulking.
(d) It is still on the page.
4. What do Cohen and Bethan announce?
(a) They are getting married
(b) Cohen has found a magic carpet.
(c) They have found treasure.
(d) The have found a place to sleep for the night.
5. What happens when the sunlight hits the Octavo?
(a) The people see images of the turtles filtering past their eyes.
(b) The Unseen University begins to shift.
(c) It begins to fall back to Earth.
(d) The spells begin to speak to Rincewind.
6. Why does Twoflower say that he isn't afraid that the Disc is going to be destroyed by the red star?
(a) It just doesn't seem the reasonable thing to happen.
(b) Because Rincewind isn't scared of it.
(c) Because the Gods surely wouldn't allow it.
(d) He has had a dream about this.
7. What does Cohen notice that the Luggage is doing when Twoflower is kicked?
(a) It is guarding Bethan.
(b) It is guarding Rincewind and the Octavo.
(c) It is looking up--as much as it can look up.
(d) It has disappeared.
8. What does Twoflower suggest someone do to stop the world from crashing?
(a) Put out some sort of magical anchor.
(b) Run around screaming like idiots until a hero steps forward.
(c) Destroy the red star.
(d) Tell the Great A'Tuin to miss it.
9. What happens when Cohen is about to land a killing blow to Herrena?
(a) Bethan is captured.
(b) His back goes out.
(c) Cohen is tripped by the Luggage.
(d) He falls over from his arthritis.
10. What happens to the eight dark spheres orbiting the red star after the Octavo spells are said correctly?
(a) They begin to get larger.
(b) They begin to crack.
(c) They suddenly disappear.
(d) They begin to do the hustle.
11. What does the woman burning books say she is doing when Cohen asks her.
(a) Trying to frighten off the red star.
(b) Milking a cow, what does it look like?
(c) Ridding the Disk of wickidness.
(d) Trying to appease the Gods.
12. What unique attribute is Ankh-Morpork said to have that its citizens are proud of?
(a) Its smell.
(b) The willingness for the general populace to accept any travesty that comes along.
(c) Its organized crime rate.
(d) Its size.
13. What does the Luggage do first to try and save Twoflower when Herrena has captured him for the second time?
(a) Calls the Trolls to come help.
(b) Lays in the middle of the road with its lid open and gold inside.
(c) Eats one of the horses.
(d) Falls on them from the top of a tree.
14. When they first reach where Trymon is what do they notice about the Octavo?
(a) It is glowing black.
(b) It seems sad.
(c) It is completely blank.
(d) It has a swirling vortex of death over it.
15. What does Rincewind say is the secrete passage he knows about was used for in times past?
(a) A way to smuggle magic artifacts.
(b) A way for students to get in and out after lights out.
(c) The chancellor's secrete passage.
(d) The servant's entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rincewind having the work crews do at the end of the story?
2. Where does Rincewind say they are going?
3. What does Rincewind tell Bethan that he needs when he arrives in the empty alleyway?
4. What does Trymon experience when he first picks up the Octavo?
5. Where does the Octavo go?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)