|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twoflower say the gnome is missing?
(a) A jolly laugh.
(b) A lyre.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A beard.
2. What does Death explain happened with the Octavo?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) A readjustment of reality.
(c) Nothing. It was just breathing.
(d) He isn't allowed to tell mortals about that.
3. What happens to the Luggage after it is hit?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He doubles in size.
(c) He freezes.
(d) He begins to float.
4. What ruins part of the effect of the horse that is described as a superb battle charger?
(a) The walker tied on the back.
(b) The hemorrhoid ring tied to the saddle.
(c) The bed pan on the edge of the saddle.
(d) The dentures hanging from a string.
5. Once the group reaches the edges of the plains what does Cohen say is there?
(d) Certain death.
6. What is the employment of Trolls in Ankh-Morpork?
(a) Body guards.
(b) Animal catchers.
(c) Enforcers of about anything really.
(d) Professional fighters.
7. How does Trymon first try to kill Galder?
(a) Stab him with a knife.
(b) Drown him in the tub.
(c) Strangle him.
(d) Shot him with a magic arrow.
8. What does the astronomer NOT say will happen as they near the red star?
(a) There will be gravitational disruption.
(b) There will be discquakes.
(c) There will be tidal waves.
(d) The planet will begin to spin wildly.
9. What does Kwartz say about the fire that has been built by the people that took Twoflower and the others?
(a) It would be death if they touched it.
(b) It is too small to hurt any of them.
(c) They built it in Old Grandad's mouth.
(d) The built it in Old Grandad's house.
10. Why does Rincewind think Ysabell will be better at the family business than Death is?
(a) She knows Karate.
(b) Just a feeling he has.
(c) She is really creepy.
(d) She is bonkers.
11. What does Trymon explain that he did with Galder's chair with lion arms and chicken feet?
(a) Gave it away to charity.
(b) Burned it.
(c) Had it made into toothpicks.
(d) Turned it into a toilet.
12. What do Rincewind and Twoflower hit while flying the broomstick?
(a) A cloud stuffed with rocks.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A magical force field.
(d) A rock bird.
13. What does Twoflower say he is a firm believer in when Rincewind says Twoflower is informally dead?
(a) The world is going to hell in a hand basket.
(c) Everyone has their time to go.
(d) There is a beautiful afterlife.
14. What does Rincewind say is the most important thing to remember about culture shock?
(a) It starts wars.
(b) It all starts with new inventions.
(c) It has a way of getting you strapped to a bon fire.
(d) Don't give it to a man flying a thousand ton rock.
15. When does Death say Disk world will be destroyed if the spells aren't said together?
(a) Eighty-eight hours.
(c) Within eight days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that left behind the Octavo?
2. What does Belafon explain might happen if they keep thinking that rocks shouldn't fly?
3. What does Rincewind do to get Twoflower out of Death's home?
4. What does Belafon explain is keeping them up in the air?
5. What does Cohen say he preferred in a woman when he was much much younger just starting out?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)