|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why false reason does the Unseen University give for not allowing women to be admitted?
(a) No outfits to fit them.
(b) There Gods have refused them.
(c) Problems with the plumbling.
(d) Magic doesn't adhere to female mentalities.
2. What does Rincewind believe is the best way to survive?
(b) Cry while rocking yourself in the fetal position.
3. What does Rincewind do to get Twoflower out of Death's home?
(a) Throws him on Luggage.
(b) Stabs him with a hat pin.
(c) Pulls the blue thread.
(d) Hit him on the chin.
4. In the beginning of the book what are the six wizards looking at in the cellars of the Unseen University?
(a) The Octavo.
(b) A belly dancer.
(c) The Luggage.
5. What are the Gods too busy with to help Galder?
(a) Trying to get the five dollars they are owed from the faireas from the ball game last week.
(b) Trying to find out who took the last of the cookies.
(c) Arguing with death about the Thanksgiving dinner.
(d) Fighting with the Icegiants about the lawnmower.
6. What does Trymon say he has done to try and find Rincewind?
(a) Used a magical doll with some of Rincewind's hair.
(b) Sent a tracker.
(c) Asked the librarian.
(d) Sent a magic arrow.
7. When does Death say Disk world will be destroyed if the spells aren't said together?
(c) Eighty-eight hours.
(d) Within eight days.
8. What does Cohen say happens when you loose all your teeth if you are a warrior?
(a) You are forced to walk the lands without a home.
(b) You have to walk the road of shame.
(c) People loose all respect.
(d) You have to give up your warrior membership.
9. What is it that the Orangutan is thought to have been before the magic changed him?
(a) The janitor.
(b) A small wood pixie.
(c) A table.
(d) The librarian.
10. After jumping off the ledge and everything becoming still and dark where does Rincewind realize he and Twoflower are at?
(a) No where he wants to be.
(b) The demon deminsion.
(c) The Octavo.
(d) The spirit world.
11. What does Twoflower say about the great computer of the skies that insults Belafon?
(a) It is nice.
(b) It doesn't look like it would work.
(c) He asks if it is hidden beneath the rubble of old rocks.
(d) They had a place like that on his world after an earthquake.
12. What's in Old Grandad's nostril that helps them climb out of his mouth?
(a) A rope.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A strange shrub.
(d) They aren't sure and don't want to think about it.
13. What does the greatest hero in Discworld NOT answer when he is asked what is it that a man may call the greatest things in life?
(a) A good woman.
(b) Good dentistry.
(c) Hot water.
(d) Soft lavatory paper.
14. What is the real reason women are not admitted to the Unseen University?
(a) Wizards are not allowed to socialize with women.
(b) The women might be embarrassingly good at magic.
(c) The men are afraid of being in close proximity to women.
(d) Because the men believe the women will take over.
15. What does Greyhald Spold, the oldest wizard alive, forget to put in his safety box designed to keep Death away?
(a) Air holes.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) A pair of warm slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rincewind say that they can't eat the mushroom that Twoflower finds under the bush?
2. What does the tree ask the luggage?
3. Why does Rincewind say he was not wondering why the Octavo had brought him here again?
4. Who watches the conversation between Death and the head wizards?
5. What does Cohen say he preferred in a woman when he was much much younger just starting out?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)