|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the group reaches the edges of the plains what does Cohen say is there?
(c) Certain death.
2. What does Cohen say happens when you loose all your teeth if you are a warrior?
(a) You are forced to walk the lands without a home.
(b) You have to walk the road of shame.
(c) People loose all respect.
(d) You have to give up your warrior membership.
3. Why does Cohen say that Trolls do?
(a) Eat people.
(b) Grind their bones to make bone pudding.
(c) Chew people up and then spit them out.
(d) Smash them with rocks.
4. What does Rincewind smell while on the rock?
(b) Dead rotting beef carcass.
(c) Baccon frying.
(d) The smell of magic.
5. What is the literal meaning of the world Skund, the forest where Twoflower and Rincewind are located?
(a) No, not there. Anywhere but there.
(b) Bowling Balls of Magical Proportions.
(c) Your Finger You Fool.
(d) Your red scarf matches your eyes.
6. Why does Rincewind say he was not wondering why the Octavo had brought him here again?
(a) This kind of thing happens all the time.
(b) He knows that they are nuts.
(c) He doesn't want to know because he won't help.
(d) He remembers what they want.
7. What does the Chancellor, Galder, first see forming inside the magic fireball?
(a) Something like the offspring of an octopus and a bicycle.
(b) The Great A'Tuin's face.
(c) The universe.
(d) More magic smoke.
8. What does Twoflower notice is odd about the broomstick in the cupboard?
(a) It has handles.
(b) It has an instruction manual.
(c) It is walking.
(d) It is floating.
9. Who is it that left behind the Octavo?
(a) No one is sure.
(b) The Chancellor.
(d) The Creator of the Universe.
10. What does Twoflower employ Rincewind to be?
(a) His translator.
(b) His disk jockey.
(c) His personal wizard.
(d) His tour guide.
11. What had been happening to the city last time Twoflower and Rincewind had seen it?
(a) Luggage happened.
(b) It was being torn apart by angry mobs looking for Rincewind and Twoflower.
(c) It was being crushed by dragons.
(d) It was on fire.
12. What does Twoflower say he is a firm believer in when Rincewind says Twoflower is informally dead?
(a) There is a beautiful afterlife.
(b) Everyone has their time to go.
(c) The world is going to hell in a hand basket.
13. What kind of house does Swires take them too?
(a) A house of bricks.
(b) A gingerbread cottage.
(c) A house of sticks.
(d) A house made of teeth.
14. What ruins part of the effect of the horse that is described as a superb battle charger?
(a) The walker tied on the back.
(b) The bed pan on the edge of the saddle.
(c) The hemorrhoid ring tied to the saddle.
(d) The dentures hanging from a string.
15. What are the Gods too busy with to help Galder?
(a) Arguing with death about the Thanksgiving dinner.
(b) Trying to find out who took the last of the cookies.
(c) Trying to get the five dollars they are owed from the faireas from the ball game last week.
(d) Fighting with the Icegiants about the lawnmower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Octavo say will happen if all eight spells are said together too soon?
2. What does Belafon explain is keeping them up in the air?
3. What do Rincewind and Twoflower hit while flying the broomstick?
4. What does Herrena say is the reason she wasn't cut out to be a wife?
5. What does Rincewind say is the most important thing to remember about culture shock?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)