|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Gods too busy with to help Galder?
(a) Arguing with death about the Thanksgiving dinner.
(b) Trying to find out who took the last of the cookies.
(c) Fighting with the Icegiants about the lawnmower.
(d) Trying to get the five dollars they are owed from the faireas from the ball game last week.
2. What is the literal meaning of the world Skund, the forest where Twoflower and Rincewind are located?
(a) Your red scarf matches your eyes.
(b) Your Finger You Fool.
(c) No, not there. Anywhere but there.
(d) Bowling Balls of Magical Proportions.
3. What does Twoflower say everything smells like when he is back in his body?
(a) Old people.
4. Who talks to Rincewind and tells him where to find some onions?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A tree.
(c) A rock.
(d) A bug.
5. What do the Druids NOT believe is one of the four forces for the universe to operate?
6. What's in Old Grandad's nostril that helps them climb out of his mouth?
(a) A strange shrub.
(b) A rope.
(c) They aren't sure and don't want to think about it.
(d) An oak tree.
7. What does Rincewind say is the most important thing to remember about culture shock?
(a) Don't give it to a man flying a thousand ton rock.
(b) It all starts with new inventions.
(c) It has a way of getting you strapped to a bon fire.
(d) It starts wars.
8. What does Trymon recognize the silver threads as?
(a) He doesn't recognize it at all.
(b) Fairea dust.
(c) A change spell.
(d) A spell to undo the universe.
9. What translation does Rincewind associate with Twoflower's use of the words 'picturesque' and 'quaint'?
10. What does Cohen say happens when you loose all your teeth if you are a warrior?
(a) You have to give up your warrior membership.
(b) You have to walk the road of shame.
(c) You are forced to walk the lands without a home.
(d) People loose all respect.
11. What does Greyhald Spold, the oldest wizard alive, forget to put in his safety box designed to keep Death away?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A pair of warm slippers.
(c) Air holes.
(d) A kitchen.
12. What did Galder hope would be the reaction when he said he was going to perform the Rite of AshkEnte?
(a) No, not the Rite of AshEnte!
(b) Explain what that one is please?
(c) Well that's a right jolly good idea.
(d) Are you sure?
13. Why do the voices in Rincewind's dream say he is to play an important role?
(a) He has the ability to destroy the universe.
(b) He is a survivor.
(c) He is a hero.
(d) He is unique.
14. In the beginning of the book what are the six wizards looking at in the cellars of the Unseen University?
(a) The Luggage.
(b) A belly dancer.
(d) The Octavo.
15. What does Herrena say is the reason she wasn't cut out to be a wife?
(a) She had broken the colar bone of the first man that propsed.
(b) Her temper is too short.
(c) She is too smart.
(d) She was used to running things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cohen say he preferred in a woman when he was much much younger just starting out?
2. What is the real reason women are not admitted to the Unseen University?
3. What does Ysabell say it is very important not to do when leaving?
4. What does Twoflower say the gnome is missing?
5. Why does Rincewind think Ysabell will be better at the family business than Death is?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)