|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Gods too busy with to help Galder?
(a) Arguing with death about the Thanksgiving dinner.
(b) Fighting with the Icegiants about the lawnmower.
(c) Trying to find out who took the last of the cookies.
(d) Trying to get the five dollars they are owed from the faireas from the ball game last week.
2. What does the Chancellor NOT say he will need in the front of the book when he cannot get a volunteer?
(a) Some silver tweezers.
(b) A belly dancer.
(c) Two pints of cat blood.
(d) A small whip.
3. What does Death say that Rincewind is doing in the Forest?
(a) Trying to find his way home.
(b) Arguing with a tree.
(c) Pointing out interesting tourist sights.
(d) Feeling sorry for himself.
4. What does Trymon explain that he did with Galder's chair with lion arms and chicken feet?
(a) Had it made into toothpicks.
(b) Gave it away to charity.
(c) Turned it into a toilet.
(d) Burned it.
5. What do the Druids NOT believe is one of the four forces for the universe to operate?
6. What does the Octavo say will happen if all eight spells are said together too soon?
(a) The four horsemen will come.
(b) Terrible things.
(c) Unimagnation will wipe the world clean.
(d) Creation will be undone.
7. What does Rincewind believe is the best way to survive?
(d) Cry while rocking yourself in the fetal position.
8. How does Trymon first try to kill Galder?
(a) Stab him with a knife.
(b) Strangle him.
(c) Drown him in the tub.
(d) Shot him with a magic arrow.
9. After jumping off the ledge and everything becoming still and dark where does Rincewind realize he and Twoflower are at?
(a) No where he wants to be.
(b) The Octavo.
(c) The spirit world.
(d) The demon deminsion.
10. Where does the woman tell Rincewind he is?
(a) She isn't sure either.
(b) The tooth faerie's realm.
(c) The spirit world.
(d) The house of Death.
11. What do Rincewind and Twoflower notice about the stars while on the broom?
(a) The stars are swirling in a counter clockwise motion.
(b) There is only one red star.
(c) The stars are becoming dimmer.
(d) The stars are getting farther away.
12. What does the Chancellor, Galder, first see forming inside the magic fireball?
(a) The Great A'Tuin's face.
(b) More magic smoke.
(c) The universe.
(d) Something like the offspring of an octopus and a bicycle.
13. What does Herrena say is the reason she wasn't cut out to be a wife?
(a) Her temper is too short.
(b) She was used to running things.
(c) She is too smart.
(d) She had broken the colar bone of the first man that propsed.
14. What does Belafon explain might happen if they keep thinking that rocks shouldn't fly?
(a) The rock will hear and believe it too.
(b) Belafon will be brought before a Druid review committee.
(c) The rock will become insulted and ask them to leave.
(d) The rock will intentionally fly into a flock of diuretic birds.
15. In the front of the story what is trying desperately to follow Twoflower?
(b) His luggage.
(c) His wife.
(d) The authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rincewind say that they can't eat the mushroom that Twoflower finds under the bush?
2. What does Twoflower say is the name of the card game he was playing?
3. What is the literal meaning of the world Skund, the forest where Twoflower and Rincewind are located?
4. Why does Cohen say that Trolls do?
5. What had been happening to the city last time Twoflower and Rincewind had seen it?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)