|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rough Theatre, part 2 (p. 93 to 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play was conceived by Peter Weiss, and based on many ideals of Brecht?
(a) The Screens.
(b) Ubu Roi.
(c) The Investigation.
2. "On Broadway ticket prices are continually rising and, ironically, as each season grows more disastrous, each season's hit" does what?
(b) Makes less money.
(c) Makes more money.
(d) Gets raves.
3. In regard to music, the author says we may make a personality cult of whom?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The musician.
(c) The song writer.
(d) The soloist.
4. What play does the author describe his enjoying producing in America rather than in England?
(a) The Investigation.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
5. The author contends that ______ "is a model of a theatre that contains Brecht and Beckett, but goes beyond both."
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes of the architecture of theatres in saying, "as for theatres, the problem of design cannot start" how?
2. Which Chinese Opera Company came to London and retained touch with its sources, creating something new every night?
3. In what Shakespearean play does the "very subtle construction hinges on the key moment when a statue comes to life"?
4. Where did the author see a production in which a young actor "stood in front of a very old one and spoke and mimed the role with him like a reflection in a glass"?
5. "Occasion, Event, Happening--the words are..." what?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)