|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rough Theatre, part 2 (p. 93 to 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "In the theatre, the tendency for centuries has been to put the actor" where?
(a) In the air.
(b) Close to us.
(c) At a remote distance.
(d) On a screen.
2. Of what does the author describe, "the moment when the illogical breaks through our everyday understanding to make us open our eyes more widely"?
(a) A fortitude.
(b) An alienation effect.
(c) A realization.
(d) A Happening effect.
3. According to the author, with most experimental products, "______ is their complaint and their excuse."
4. What are audiences doing in "elevating something bad into a success"?
(a) Cheating themselves.
(b) Lying to the authors.
(c) Being idiots.
(d) Cheating the critics.
5. Who told the author, "My search is based on the director and the actor. You base yours on the director, actor, audience. I accept that this is possible, but for me it is too indirect"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what play does the author write, "The optimism of the lady buried in the ground is not a virtue, it is the element that blinds her to the truth of her situation"?
2. In what show is the climax of the first part one in which the stage action is a scribbling graffiti of war on to vast white surfaces, while a monument is formed to colonialism and revolution?
3. Of whom does the author say, "His aim continually is holy, metaphysical, yet he never makes the mistake of staying too long on the highest plane"?
4. The author writes that in New York the most deadly element of the theatre is certainly what?
5. A word is an end product which begins with what?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)