|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rough Theatre, part 2 (p. 93 to 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brook claims there are two ways of "speaking about the human condition: there is the process of inspiration" and the process of what?
(b) Honest vision.
2. In the cinema, who, according to the author, has single-handedly brought about a revolution by showing how relative the reality of a photographed scene can be?
3. What used to be the great symbol of a whole school of theatre?
(a) The stage.
(b) The orchestra.
(c) The Curtain.
(d) The footlights.
4. Whose speech in Shakespeare holds the line, "Sir, I love you more than words can wield the matter," despite the fact that the character who speaks it is considered "wicked"?
5. The author writes, "Of course nowhere does the Deadly Theatre install itself so securely, so comfortably and so slyly as in the works of" whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once did a production of Love's Labour's Lost where the character called Constable Dull was dressed as a Victorian policeman because his name at once conjured up the typical figure of the London bobby?
2. The author says that we think of what as killing the theatre?
3. What director/playwright was rooted in the cabaret?
4. In the third section of the book the author claims, "It is always the ______ theatre that saves the day."
5. What does the author refer to as "The Theatre of the Invisible-Made-Visible"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)