|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Deadly Theatre, part 2 (p. 30-46).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author points out that the best dramatists explain themselves how (regarding stage direction)?
(c) The most.
(d) The least.
2. What British playwright does the author laud, who also works as a director and performer?
3. "When the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of King Lear toured through Europe, the production was steadily improving and the best performances lay between" where?
(a) Moscow and Ukraine.
(b) Budapest and Moscow.
(c) Norway and Ireland.
(d) Paris and Sicily.
4. A word is an end product which begins with what?
(a) An impulse.
(b) A motion.
(c) A thought.
(d) An idea.
5. Where did the Royal Shakespeare Company's Lear find an unwilling audience?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play does the author juxtapose against Peter Weiss' play for an example of clarity of meaning?
2. Approximately how long is a rehearsal process in New York, according to the author?
3. What are audiences doing in "elevating something bad into a success"?
4. The author refers to Broadway not as a jungle, but a what?
5. The author writes that, "All through the world theatre audiences are ______".
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)