|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was ________ years later when Einar Gustafson returned to Children's Hospital to a full fanfare.
2. Did those two oncogenes perform as expected?
3. How does Mukherjee end the book?
(a) With Carla's story.
(b) With the tale of Atossa.
(c) With Farber's cancer story.
(d) With a tale of Gemaine.
4. In _________, Percival Pott began to notice a shocking increase in the number of patients that suffered from scrotal cancer.
5. In 1976, a company named _____________ (Genetic Engineering Technology) was formed in San Francisco.
(a) Genetic Entech.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Part 6: The Fruits of Long Endeavors" begins with a quote by whom?
2. The trend was targeted toward whom?
3. The remaining people did what?
4. Kennedy assigned the job to whom?
5. What question arose from the study of these two genes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the successors of Theodor Boveri?
2. Who was Einar Gustafson? How is this significant?
3. Who were virologists?
4. What is the significance of the SRC gene?
5. How did the quest for the cure for cancer undergo a drastic reorganization in 1976?
6. Who were epidemiologists?
7. What is the role of a clinician? What type of people are suited for this work?
8. What was the oncomouse? Was this successful? Why or why not?
9. What was STAMP? How did this bring hope to those who suffered from cancer?
10. What is the Red Queen Syndrome?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)