|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: A Distorted Version of Our Normal Selves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The study of _________viruses is discussed.
2. In 1937 President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the ________________ Act.
(a) American Cancer Institute.
(b) National Cancer Center.
(c) National Cancer Institute.
(d) American Cancer Society.
3. The cancers being matched to the drugs included breast cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer and ________________.
(b) Laryngeal Cancer.
(d) Lobular Carcinoma In Situ.
4. What was the goal of the oncologist at this time?
(a) To compete with other oncologists.
(b) To study how cancer destroys cells.
(c) To earn a large paycheck.
(d) To fight the cancer.
5. Mary Woodward Lasker and her husband Albert Lasker began to do what?
(a) Campaign against Farber.
(b) Lobby against cancer research.
(c) Campaign for funds to fight cancer.
(d) Create laws against cancer research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most common practice regarding the development of therapies?
2. This time a significant link was found. Lobbies began to appear to do what?
3. Then this surgery was accelerated to what?
4. Did those two oncogenes perform as expected?
5. According to Bennett the blood had spoiled. Bennett referred to this as a ___________ of blood.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)