|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Will You Turn Me out If I Can't Get Better?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every battle needs its iconic battleground, and one physical place epitomized the cancer wars of the late _________.
2. Farber was determined to make people understand what?
(a) The ways to prevent cancer.
(b) The fear that cancer causes.
(c) The weakness of cancer.
(d) The nature and devastating effects of cancer.
3. _________________ began to resurrect the concept of counting.
(a) Yale James Call.
(b) Harvard John Cairns.
(c) Columbia Jerome Cairney.
(d) Brown Jerry Calloway.
4. William Stewart Halsted is known as the father of what?
(c) Radical surgery.
5. _________ surgery was accelerated to superradical surgery.
(a) Radical surgery.
(b) Simple surgery.
(c) Major surgery.
(d) Grand surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only way to test these different beliefs about Halstedian theory was to do what?
2. After much investigation Bennett discovered that the patient's blood had an extremely high level of what cells?
3. The author, Siddhartha Mukherjee, learned about Carla after she had checked into Massachusetts ______________ Hospital.
4. This place was a space marked indelibly in the history of what?
5. In _________ John Bennett, a Scottish physician, had described the case of a 28-year-old slate layer who complained of a mysterious swelling in his spleen.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)