|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Will You Turn Me out If I Can't Get Better?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cole say about the results of many surgeries?
(a) They are successful.
(b) They are traumatic.
(c) They have harmful, disfiguring results.
(d) They have unusual results.
2. A battle began between two schools of thought. What are these schools of thought?
(a) The concept of surgery and non-surgery.
(b) The concept of chemical remedies and homeopathic remedies.
(c) The concept of surgery and homeopathic remedies.
(d) The concept of radical surgery and simple surgery.
3. In ___________, George Canellas and Tom Frei spent time in the lab matching various drugs to various cancers. Included on the drug list were cytotoxic drugs cytoxan, vincristine, procarabazine, and methotrexate.
4. In _________ John Bennett, a Scottish physician, had described the case of a 28-year-old slate layer who complained of a mysterious swelling in his spleen.
5. MOPP caused what?
(a) Hair loss and weight gain.
(b) Severe nausea plus untold long term effects.
(d) Weight loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mukherjee explains that biology is based on how many fundamental tenets?
2. Freireich was obsessed with continuing clinical trials. The combinations of drugs provided ______________ number of combinations.
3. Orman had cancer where?
4. The use of MOPP continued to be used in the treatment of what?
5. Mukherjee met with Carla. They discussed the survival rate of leukemia. At one time, there was almost no chance that Carla could have been able to survive the onset of the leukemia. With the advent of modern medicine and new treatments, Carla had a ______ chance of surviving the disease.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)