|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: An Impatient War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Farber's ____________" details the story of Robert Sandler, the two year old son of a Boston ship worker. The child fell mysteriously ill.
2. The first VAMP trial was launched in ___________. The results were abysmal. Refinements showed progress and even success. However, the cost was quite high for the young patients.
3. In 1973, Sidney Farber died from what?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(c) Colon cancer.
(d) Cardiac arrest.
4. Orman had cancer where?
(a) In his bicep.
(b) In his tibia.
(c) In his spleen.
(d) In his lymph nodes.
5. Freireich was obsessed with continuing clinical trials. The combinations of drugs provided ______________ number of combinations.
(a) A great.
(b) A limited.
(c) A small.
(d) An infinite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Farber administered ______________ and was in wonder as Robert's disease went into remission almost immediately.
2. In hypertrophy, the number of cells __________ change.
3. Several months later Rudolf Virchow, a German researcher, published a case study strikingly similar to Bennett's case. How does Virchow argue with Bennett's theory?
4. One morning, Carla awoke with a bad headache which she described as __________________.The pains and other symptoms waxed and waned. Although Carla had seen a doctor, there was no solid diagnosis. Eventually, it was determined that Carla had leukemia.
5. By the time Farber began his work in 1947, what had happened to the public outcry against cancer?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)