|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: An Impatient War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. MOPP caused what?
(a) Severe nausea plus untold long term effects.
(b) Weight loss.
(c) Hair loss and weight gain.
2. Robert would eventually die but he and many other patients had survived past the ______________ period. At the time, this was an eternity.
(a) Six month.
(b) One year.
(c) Nine month.
(d) Two year.
3. One woman with choriocarcinoma was treated with _____________ and recovered.
(b) Homeopathic remedies.
(c) Folic acid.
4. Why does Mukherjee believe it is fortunate that Farber had not asked any of the pediatricians about creating an anti-leukemic drug?
(a) They would have told Farber he was not experienced enough.
(b) They would have told Farber to involve them.
(c) They would have told Farber they were already researching an anti-leukemia drug.
(d) They would have told Farber not to bother.
5. VAMP is a _________ drug combination that was proposed for cancer treatment. Frei, Freireich and Skipper believed that the combination would prove to be the answer they were looking for, yet when Frei proposed it to Zubrod, the man was stunned.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the shadow of Albert's death, Mary Lasker's cancer campaign took on a _______________ tone.
2. In _________ John Bennett, a Scottish physician, had described the case of a 28-year-old slate layer who complained of a mysterious swelling in his spleen.
3. Who is Ben Orman?
4. The author, Siddhartha Mukherjee, learned about Carla after she had checked into Massachusetts ______________ Hospital.
5. Mukherjee met with Carla. They discussed the survival rate of leukemia. At one time, there was almost no chance that Carla could have been able to survive the onset of the leukemia. With the advent of modern medicine and new treatments, Carla had a ______ chance of surviving the disease.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)