|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: An Impatient War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time Farber began his work in 1947, what had happened to the public outcry against cancer?
(a) It had all but silenced.
(b) It had grown.
(c) It had just begun.
(d) It had lessened somewhat.
2. Robert would eventually die but he and many other patients had survived past the ______________ period. At the time, this was an eternity.
(a) Six month.
(b) Two year.
(c) One year.
(d) Nine month.
3. Who worked to keep cancer research out of trouble, and to do so he developed a consortium to keep doctors, scientists and health facilities from working at cross purposes?
(a) Gerry Zelwegger.
(b) Gordon Zubord.
(c) Gilbert Zweier.
(d) George Zumba.
4. Although Farber was the chief pathologist at Children's Hospital, how had he become tired of his work?
(a) He was tired of working with young children.
(b) He worked with the dead and was tired of the medical field.
(c) He worked with the dead and never treated a live patient.
(d) He worked with only older children and wanted to spend more time studying cancer in younger children.
5. One morning, Carla awoke with a bad headache which she described as __________________.The pains and other symptoms waxed and waned. Although Carla had seen a doctor, there was no solid diagnosis. Eventually, it was determined that Carla had leukemia.
(a) A dizzy spell.
(b) A dull ache.
(d) Shooting pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. One woman with choriocarcinoma was treated with _____________ and recovered.
2. In ___________, George Canellas and Tom Frei spent time in the lab matching various drugs to various cancers. Included on the drug list were cytotoxic drugs cytoxan, vincristine, procarabazine, and methotrexate.
3. "Farber's ____________" details the story of Robert Sandler, the two year old son of a Boston ship worker. The child fell mysteriously ill.
4. Freireich was obsessed with continuing clinical trials. The combinations of drugs provided ______________ number of combinations.
5. Who led tests on intensive chemotherapy by using 4 drugs referred to as MOPP?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)