|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halberstam say Dean Rusk felt in the Kennedy administration?
(a) He felt like the smartest of the bunch.
(b) He felt like the spokesman of the party.
(c) He felt like a new kid without enough respect.
(d) He always felt like an outsider.
2. What policy did Rostow support in Vietnam?
(a) An appeasement policy.
(b) Battleship diplomacy.
(c) An aggressive anti-Communist policy.
(d) A policy of rapprochement.
3. Which problem did NOT arise for the Kennedy administration during 1961?
(a) Escalation of problems in Laos.
(b) Arms race.
(c) Financial crisis.
(d) Bay of Pigs invasion.
4. How many soldiers had the U.S. sent to Vietnam in its first commitment of troops?
(a) 100,000 troops.
(b) 400 Special forces and 3,000 troops.
(c) 8 military advisers.
(d) 20,000 troops.
5. What mistake had the Kennedy administration made in the Bay of Pigs invasion?
(a) They had not checked the weather for the invasion.
(b) They had not supplied enough men and material.
(c) They had not seen that the Cuban people were not opposed to Castro.
(d) They had underestimated the logistical difficulties of a landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reports does Halberstam say would come from the head of the U.S. command after his 1962 appointment?
2. How many troops were in Vietnam when Kennedy was assassinated?
3. How did Kennedy's followers feel about Chester Bowles' ideas?
4. What did Kennedy represent to Eleanor Roosevelt's followers?
5. Where does the book open?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)