|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue did Joseph McCarthy use to energize voters?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) Tax cuts.
(c) Arms reduction.
(d) Communism conspiracies.
2. Where does Halberstam say McNamara found people to work under him as Secretary of Defense?
(c) The auto industry.
3. How many soldiers had the U.S. sent to Vietnam in its first commitment of troops?
(a) 20,000 troops.
(b) 400 Special forces and 3,000 troops.
(c) 100,000 troops.
(d) 8 military advisers.
4. What position did Maxwell Taylor begin to support as a result of his late 1964 trip to Vietnam?
(a) International sanctions against North Vietnam.
(b) Renewing diplomatic efforts.
(c) Withdrawing troops from Vietnam.
(d) A bombing campaign against North Vietnam.
5. Why didn't Kennedy formulate a China policy, in Halberstam's account?
(a) He didn't have time.
(b) China was not a high priority.
(c) His China advisor had not been confirmed.
(d) China was experiencing a revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people calling for by Thanksgiving 1964, in Halberstam's account?
2. What does Halberstam say Maxwell Taylor discovered was true about Khanh?
3. How did the Kennedy administration see the war in Vietnam?
4. What does Halberstam say conditions were like in South Vietnam by the end of 1964?
5. How long had Ho Chi Minh's communism associations been known to the U.S., in Halberstam's account?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)