* Kennedy met with Robert Lovett, and they discussed appointments for Kennedy's administration.
* The Kennedy administration also drew support from Chester Bowles, who had contacts with the older Democracy Establishment, but Bowles' popularity soon faded.
* Kennedy represented the new crowd in American politics, and Kennedy had to compensate for his youth and inexperience by appointing older advisers.
* A number of candidates were considered for Secretary of State before Kennedy settled on Dean Rusk.
* Chester Bowles was the Undersecretary of State, and the administration came into office with optimism and momentum.
* With a reputation for elitism and intellectualism, poetry and small gatherings, the Kennedy administration brought excitement to the White House.
* Kennedy's administration did not get off to a good start, with the botched invasion of Cuba among other international difficulties.
* When France returned to Indochina in 1961, tensions began to escalate, and threatened the...
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)