|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season of the year do harvester ants struggle with "triple crunch"?
2. Where was Wilson heading when he was desperately trying to get a hold of Le Pouce to perform a specialized predator field study?
(c) Phnom Penh.
3. How many foraging periods to harvester ants typically participate in each day?
4. What type of weather facilitates the introduction of parasitic queens?
(a) Humid weather.
(b) Sunny weather.
(c) Cool weather.
(d) Stormy weather.
5. Which of the following types of symbiosis does NOT deal with nest sharing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can ants be stored in alcohol?
2. In what part of the ant's anatomy are the unicellular glands?
3. Which of the following is NOT a behavioral category for myrmecophiles?
4. Which of the following ant species is the most specialized granivore?
5. In a weaver ant community, which of the following is the only group of ants exempt from nest building duties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do weaver ants build their nests?
2. What modifications must a parasite's body undergo in order to live successfully off a host's body?
3. What amusing anecdote does V. Wolfgang von Hagen give about leafcutter ants?
4. How do harvester ants affect vegetation in an ecosystem?
5. What is an ant garden?
6. What is the typical foraging pattern for harvester ants?
7. How is an army ant defined?
8. What are trophobiants? Why are they compared to cattlers?
9. What type of ant predator did Levieux discover by digging under the soil on the Ivory Coast in 1983?
10. How do Teleutomyrmex schneideri ants survive?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)