|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 Collecting, Culturing, Observing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During trophallaxis communication, what is exchanged between individuals?
2. Which of the following scientists told the amusing anecdote about ants that stripped a garden overnight?
(b) von Hagen.
3. Which of the following insects is most detrimental to ant populations?
4. How do ants communicate?
(a) Through antennae movement.
(b) Through chemical emissions.
(c) Through a complex pattern of squeaks.
(d) Ants do not communicate.
5. Where do sweat bees primarily burrow?
(a) In trees.
(b) In garbage dumps.
(d) Near water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT part of mutualism within ant-plant symbiosis?
2. Which of the following scientists solely studied the way harvester ants affected cross-pollination in 1986?
3. How are alien species treated when they enter the nest?
4. How many queens are present in a Monogyny ant colony?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason for nest migration that Wilson describes in this text?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)