|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 Collecting, Culturing, Observing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the colloquial name for the ant species "Paratrechina longicornis"?
(a) Timid ants.
(b) Ugly ants.
(c) Crazy ants.
(d) Fat ants.
2. What is the focus of the Ergonomic Stage of an ant colony?
(a) Colony preservation.
(b) Colony growth.
(c) Colony foundation.
(d) Colony disbursement.
3. In what country did scientists Vepsalainen and Pisarski devise a three-tiered classification for hierarchical competition?
4. Which of the following is NOT a type of symbiosis found in ant species?
5. Which of the following are used by worker ants to stimulate new larvae growth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a phase of colony defense?
2. How many species of army ants can be found in "The New World"?
3. Which of the following ants are considered most altruistic?
4. When Wilson wrote about studying harvester ants and the Old Testament, where was he located?
5. What do young, nonreproductive ants do with their eggs?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)