|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 Collecting, Culturing, Observing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following insects are harvested in "ranches" by ants?
2. Where was Wilson heading when he was desperately trying to get a hold of Le Pouce to perform a specialized predator field study?
(d) Phnom Penh.
3. In Gray's report regarding worker ants of the Myrmecia variant, how long would the workers crouch close to a branch, mandibles open, waiting to spring at prey?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. Which of the following body parts are NOT affected by formicosis?
5. Which of the following groups of ants is most likely to eat a dead nest mate?
(a) Queen ants.
(b) Major workers.
(c) Male ants.
(d) Minor workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wilson, which of the following ants is best to study and preserve?
2. Which of the following species of ants is known to cover their queen during immigration from one nest to another?
3. Which of the following is NOT a segment in an ant's body?
4. Which of the following is NOT a concern for major workers?
5. Which of the following chemicals do Wilson and Holldobler use on ant specimens?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)