|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 Collecting, Culturing, Observing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Creighton create his useful review of "Ants North of Mexico"?
2. Which of the following is NOT part of an ant's head?
(a) The lateral setae.
(b) The clypeal carina.
(c) The median seta.
(d) The mesothoracic spiracle.
3. Who coined the term "social insects"?
4. According to the study completed in 1984, what other function do the odor glands fulfill in ant colonies?
(a) Enemy alarm.
(b) Food storage.
(c) Nesting map.
(d) Water preservation.
5. What percentage of herbaceous plant species are distributed by ants in New York?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 70 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a host used by fungus-growing ants in their gardens?
2. Of all the landscapes explored in the opening of this novel, which landscape has the highest density of ants per hectare?
3. What is the scientific name for the first generation of workers?
4. On which species of ants was a study relating to worker ants, and their response to nutritional needs, performed?
5. Which of the following is NOT an example of ritualized communication?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)