|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Social Homeostasis and Flexibility.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a queen ant is found to be infertile?
(a) She becomes a worker ant.
(b) She is expelled from the colony.
(c) She is killed.
(d) She is ignored.
2. According to the study completed in 1984, what other function do the odor glands fulfill in ant colonies?
(a) Nesting map.
(b) Water preservation.
(c) Enemy alarm.
(d) Food storage.
3. Which of the following is NOT a concern for major workers?
(c) Food storage.
4. What is morphogenesis?
(a) The procedure through which cells divide.
(b) The procedure through which folic acid becomes nitrogen.
(c) The procedure through which embryos become adults.
(d) The procedure through which eggs are fertilized.
5. Which of the following ant hormones is found in many vegetable oils?
(a) Lasius Niger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following species of ants is known to cover their queen during immigration from one nest to another?
2. What does the stridulatory organ in an ant's anatomy do?
3. How old is the oldest ant fossil found to date?
4. What differentiates aldates from other ants in a colony?
5. What is the scientific name for the first generation of workers?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)