|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Social Homeostasis and Flexibility.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms expresses the ideal of group production with the disregard of individual needs?
2. What is the fastest way to increase the size of an ant colony?
(a) Increase the number of queens.
(b) Increase the number of workers.
(c) Increase the number of male ants.
(d) Increase the number of female ants.
3. On which species of ants was a study relating to worker ants, and their response to nutritional needs, performed?
(a) Weaver ants.
(b) Leaf cutter ants.
(c) Army ants.
(d) Fire ants.
4. Through what body part do ants emit pheromones?
5. What is the scientific name for the first generation of workers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following scientists pointed out that colonies of social insects tend to be more harmonious when the members are all closely related?
2. From what gland do ants lay odor trails leading to food sources?
3. Which of the following are used by worker ants to stimulate new larvae growth?
4. How long does it take a foreign ant to produce a new colony odor?
5. Which of the following is NOT a segment in an ant's body?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)