|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Social Homeostasis and Flexibility.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the first scientist to discuss kin selection in ants?
2. From what gland do ants lay odor trails leading to food sources?
(a) Metapleural gland.
(b) Propharyngeal gland.
(c) Maxillary gland.
(d) Dufour gland.
3. In the woodlands of New England, ants move as much soil as what other insect?
(a) Scarab Beetles.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways biomass is measured?
5. What is the scientific name for the first generation of workers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a genus of ant that participates in polygyny?
2. What percentage of herbaceous plant species are distributed by ants in New York?
3. Which of the following is NOT part of an ant's head?
4. Which of the following scientists was the first to discover the glandular source of colony odor?
5. What is polyethism?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)