|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Colony Odor and Kin Recognition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered the final stage of a mature ant colony?
(a) The Ergonomic Stage.
(b) The Virgin Stage.
(c) The Reproductive Stage.
(d) The Founding Stage.
2. Which of the following ants are considered most altruistic?
(a) Male drone workers.
3. What is the smallest collection of ants that can still be considered a colony?
4. According to the study completed in 1984, what other function do the odor glands fulfill in ant colonies?
(a) Water preservation.
(b) Food storage.
(c) Nesting map.
(d) Enemy alarm.
5. Which of the following groups within an ant colony produces the strongest identification odor?
(a) Sexually mature ants.
(b) Queen ants.
(c) Larvae ants.
(d) Worker ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT part of an ant's head?
2. Which of the following worlds does Wilson claim that ants run?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason for nest migration that Wilson describes in this text?
4. On what continent is there a species of ants that can explode their abdomens in a suicidal attempt to entrap their predators?
5. Which of the following elements was brought by ants to the Amazon rainforest?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)