|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 The Harvesting Ants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes an ant colony's maintenance by self-regulation?
2. What is another word for myrmecophile?
3. Which of the following is NOT a genus of ant that participates in polygyny?
4. Which of the following is NOT a phase of colony defense?
5. Through what body part do ants emit pheromones?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is another name for fungus growing ants?
2. Which of the following is NOT a method of communication used by ant species?
3. What is the focus of the Ergonomic Stage of an ant colony?
4. On what continent is there a species of ants that can explode their abdomens in a suicidal attempt to entrap their predators?
5. Which of the following insects are harvested in "ranches" by ants?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)