|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could the children not yet go into the classrooms?
(a) The floors were not yet dry.
(b) The chalkboards had not been installed.
(c) The roof was not finished.
(d) The stoves were not yet working.
2. Which student did Ashton-Warner say was one of her brightest and most sensitive, despite the poor handwriting?
3. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
4. What is a "marae?"
(a) A ceremonial mask.
(b) A temple enclosure.
(c) A totem pole.
(d) A wooden spear.
5. What did her former students do when Ashton-Warner arrived to visit their new classroom?
(a) They gathered in a circle around her.
(b) They rose together to greet her.
(c) They ran helter-skelter toward her.
(d) They sat still in their chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
2. What illustration was NOT included in the pictures on the new coat hooks for the students?
3. What did Mrs. Cutter send to Ashton-Warner in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
4. What color were the new doors in the classrooms?
5. What was the weather like the day Ashton-Warner met with Tremaine?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)