|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Ashton-Warner and Mr. Tremaine drinking while talking on the porch?
2. Which author stated that "words have souls"?
(a) de Maurier.
(b) de Maupassant.
3. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
(b) First Communion.
4. What colors were on the Maori belt worn by Ashton-Warner?
(a) Black and red.
(b) Black, cream, and red.
(c) Cream, red, and blue.
(d) Black, red, and blue.
5. On what day did it become clear that the inspectors would not be coming?
(a) The following Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student did Ashton-Warner say was one of her brightest and most sensitive, despite the poor handwriting?
2. In what town was the "most spectacular" Maori meeting house in New Zealand?
3. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
4. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
5. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)