|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
(a) Come, look, and.
(b) Look, see, and.
(c) Come, see, but.
(d) She, he, it.
2. Whom did Matawhero hit in "Post Holiday Notes"?
3. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 15 stone.
(b) 18 stone.
(c) 14 stone.
(d) 16 stone.
4. What was the weather like the day Ashton-Warner met with Tremaine?
5. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the visitors who came to look at the Maori primers visiting from?
2. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
3. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
4. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
5. How many new stoves did the school have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Ashton-Warner attempted to secure school uniforms for her students from a nearby shop?
2. What was Ashton-Warner's reaction to the traditional Maori music performed by the children under the direction of Kahu?
3. How did the behavior of the children differ in the new classrooms compared to when Ashton-Warner taught at the school?
4. What was the reaction of strangers to Ashton-Warner's multi-colored Maori belt?
5. What was Ashton-Warner's attitude toward the white students who accused Maori students of theft?
6. Why was Ashton-Warner disappointed with the pictures the new teacher had chosen to personalize the children's coat hooks?
7. To what did Ashton-Warner attribute the lack of cohesiveness in some of her later students' stories?
8. What did Ashton-Warner think about as she gazed at the empty site where her old classroom had once stood?
9. How did Ashton-Warner view the importance of handwriting?
10. Why was it important to offer only present tense verbs to new readers?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)