|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author stated that "words have souls"?
(c) de Maupassant.
(d) de Maurier.
2. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
3. What instrument did Waiwini play?
4. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
5. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
2. What did Ashton-Warner do as she turned and left the classroom?
3. What is a "marae?"
4. Which of her former students was NOT in the new classroom for the new readers?
5. How many new stoves did the school have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her discussion of pedagogy as marriage, what did Ashton-Warner mean when she said that "love interferes with fidelity"?
2. What did Ashton-Warner think about as she gazed at the empty site where her old classroom had once stood?
3. What revelation did Ashton-Warner have in "Post-Holiday Notes" about using Maori readers with both Maori and white students?
4. Why was Ashton-Warner upset about the way she handled Mark Cutter when his mother insisted that her son was advancing too quickly in class?
5. Why was Ashton-Warner surprised at the appearance of the new classrooms when she visited?
6. Why did Ashton-Warner criticize herself for the way she handled Matawhero's defiance after he hit Gordon?
7. What were the vocabulary words like in the new classroom?
8. What role did discipline play in Ashton-Warner's classroom?
9. Why did Ashton-Warner say that when giving first words to her students, she avoided showing them any illustrations of those words?
10. Why was it important to offer only present tense verbs to new readers?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)