|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Ashton-Warner and Mr. Tremaine drinking while talking on the porch?
2. What did the drawings depict in the Infant Reading Scheme that Ashton-Warner showed to Tremaine?
3. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
4. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
(a) His graduation.
(b) His coming-of-age.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His baptism.
5. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
(d) First Communion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
2. What was the new teacher doing when Ashton-Warner left the classroom?
3. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
4. On what evening did Mr. Tremaine visit the school?
5. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)