Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
2. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The personality of the teacher.
(b) The method used.
(c) The personality of the children.
(d) The tone of the surrounding community.
3. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
5. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
(a) In pots.
(b) In eggshells.
(c) In jars.
(d) In tins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
2. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
3. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
4. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
5. What is a "tangi"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Post Holiday Notes," what word did Ashton-Warner use to represent the key instinct of fear to her students?
2. How did the students perform when they did expressive dancing versus when they learned specific moves?
3. Why was Ashton-Warner disappointed with the pictures the new teacher had chosen to personalize the children's coat hooks?
4. How did the children's writings differ from the standard readers offered in most schools?
5. How did Maoris and whites differ in terms of communal gatherings?
6. In what way does nature provide lessons that books or indoor plantings cannot?
7. Why did Ashton-Warner believe that standardized reading texts were damaging to children?
8. What did Plato believe about dance?
9. Why was teaching the class so back-breaking, according to Ashton-Warner?
10. Why was Ashton-Warner surprised at the appearance of the new classrooms when she visited?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)