|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children can work at the art easel in the new classroom?
2. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 15 stone.
(b) 18 stone.
(c) 14 stone.
(d) 16 stone.
3. What was one of the items "missing" from the new classroom?
(a) The water trough.
(b) The murals.
(c) The coat hooks.
(d) The wallpaper.
4. What did one section of wallpaper depict?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Cops and robbers.
(c) Hansel and Gretel.
(d) Cowboys and Indians.
5. What writer referred to "pedagogical intercourse"?
6. How much ice cream did the boys steal from the shop in "Post Holiday Notes"?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 15 pounds.
7. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
(a) White neighbors.
(b) The police.
(c) The school.
(d) Maori leaders.
8. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
(a) She put him in timeout.
(b) She sent him home.
(c) She made Matawhero apologize to the other student.
(d) She made him sit in front of the class all day.
9. What instrument did Waiwini play?
10. What fictional character did Ashton-Warner reference in her section on education on marriage?
(b) Madame Bovary.
(d) Anna Karenina.
11. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
12. Whom did Matawhero hit in "Post Holiday Notes"?
13. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
(a) Red Riding Hood.
(b) The Blue Jug.
(d) Hansel and Gretel.
14. When did "Remembering" take place?
(a) A year after the events in the book.
(b) Five years later.
(c) Two years later.
(d) Six months later.
15. What is a "marae?"
(a) A ceremonial mask.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A temple enclosure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the porch where she met with Tremaine?
3. Which author stated that "words have souls"?
4. Which of her former students was NOT in the new classroom for the new readers?
5. What is a "pakeha"?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)