|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fictional character did Matawhero remind Ashton-Warner?
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) Winnie the Pooh.
(d) Christopher Robin.
2. What did Ashton-Warner do as she turned and left the classroom?
(d) Say goodbye.
3. What fictional character did Ashton-Warner reference in her section on education on marriage?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(c) Madame Bovary.
4. How old was Peter, the chairman of the school board?
5. What kind of tree could be seen through the glass wall?
6. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
(a) She, he, it.
(b) Come, see, but.
(c) Look, see, and.
(d) Come, look, and.
7. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
8. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
9. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
(a) 13 or 14.
(b) 12 or 13.
(c) 16 or 17.
(d) 14 or 15.
10. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
(a) His graduation.
(b) His anniversary.
(c) His baptism.
(d) His coming-of-age.
11. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
(a) She sent him home.
(b) She made him sit in front of the class all day.
(c) She put him in timeout.
(d) She made Matawhero apologize to the other student.
12. What instrument did Waiwini play?
13. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
14. What is a "marae?"
(a) A totem pole.
(b) A wooden spear.
(c) A ceremonial mask.
(d) A temple enclosure.
15. What was one of the items "missing" from the new classroom?
(a) The murals.
(b) The water trough.
(c) The coat hooks.
(d) The wallpaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was NOT included on the list of words for struggling readers in February?
2. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
3. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
4. What was the new teacher doing when Ashton-Warner left the classroom?
5. Which student suffered a nervous breakdown?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)