|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
2. What did the drawings depict in the Infant Reading Scheme that Ashton-Warner showed to Tremaine?
3. Which student wrote about a father drinking all the beer at the party?
4. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
5. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 16 stone.
(b) 15 stone.
(c) 14 stone.
(d) 18 stone.
6. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
7. Which student suffered a nervous breakdown?
8. What was the weather like the day Ashton-Warner met with Tremaine?
9. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
10. What is a "taiaha"?
(a) A wooden spear.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A protective shield.
(d) A flint knife.
11. What is a "waiata"?
(a) A Maori weapon.
(b) A Maori song.
(c) A Maori hut.
(d) A Maori shield.
12. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
(a) A black kitten.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A Siamese cat.
(d) A white dog.
13. Which student's mother turned away from Ashton-Warner while walking through town?
14. What kind of tree could be seen through the glass wall?
15. What did Ashton-Warner do as she turned and left the classroom?
(b) Say goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
2. What illustration was NOT included in the pictures on the new coat hooks for the students?
3. What were Ashton-Warner and Mr. Tremaine drinking while talking on the porch?
4. What was one of the items "missing" from the new classroom?
5. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)