|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "game" in which children said what frightened them, what was Seven afraid of?
2. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
3. What was the new teacher doing when Ashton-Warner left the classroom?
(a) Showing the children where to hang their coats.
(b) Collecting homework assignments.
(c) Reading a story to the children.
(d) Asking each child to read a word.
4. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
5. What is the Maori nickname for New Zealand?
(a) Land of the High Valleys.
(b) Land of the Long White Cloud.
(c) Land of the Green Mountains.
(d) Land of the Beautiful Mountains.
6. What was the name of the man doing the floors in the new classroom?
7. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
8. Which student wrote about a father drinking all the beer at the party?
9. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
(a) A paintbrush.
(b) An apron.
(c) A backpack.
(d) An easel.
10. What writer referred to "pedagogical intercourse"?
11. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Blue powder.
(b) Yellow crayon.
(c) Red paint.
(d) Red chalk.
12. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
(a) Seven pence.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Four pence.
(d) One shilling.
13. Which family's dog sometimes visited the class when Ashton-Warner was teaching?
14. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
(a) His anniversary.
(b) His baptism.
(c) His coming-of-age.
(d) His graduation.
15. What is a "roro"?
(a) A gazebo.
(b) A plaza.
(c) A roof.
(d) A verandah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner react after the "June incident"?
2. Which wall in the new classroom was completely glassed?
3. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
4. Which student did Ashton-Warner say was one of her brightest and most sensitive, despite the poor handwriting?
5. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)