Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Ashton-Warner and Mr. Tremaine drinking while talking on the porch?
2. What did the drawings depict in the Infant Reading Scheme that Ashton-Warner showed to Tremaine?
3. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
4. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
(a) His graduation.
(b) His coming-of-age.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His baptism.
5. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
(d) First Communion.
6. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
(a) She, he, it.
(b) Look, see, and.
(c) Come, see, but.
(d) Come, look, and.
7. What was the new teacher doing when Ashton-Warner left the classroom?
(a) Asking each child to read a word.
(b) Showing the children where to hang their coats.
(c) Collecting homework assignments.
(d) Reading a story to the children.
8. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
9. On what evening did Mr. Tremaine visit the school?
10. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
11. What did Ashton-Warner do as she turned and left the classroom?
(a) Say goodbye.
12. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
(a) She made Matawhero apologize to the other student.
(b) She made him sit in front of the class all day.
(c) She sent him home.
(d) She put him in timeout.
13. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Yellow crayon.
(b) Red chalk.
(c) Red paint.
(d) Blue powder.
14. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
(a) 16 or 17.
(b) 14 or 15.
(c) 12 or 13.
(d) 13 or 14.
15. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Peter, the chairman of the school board?
2. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
3. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
4. Where did the visitors who came to look at the Maori primers visiting from?
5. What was the weather like the day Ashton-Warner met with Tremaine?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)