|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student suffered a nervous breakdown?
2. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 15 stone.
(b) 14 stone.
(c) 16 stone.
(d) 18 stone.
3. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
4. What sport did the Maoris allegedly play during the three-day party?
5. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
(b) First Communion.
6. Which basketball-playing student claimed she would not return to school after being punished for bad behavior?
7. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
(a) She made him sit in front of the class all day.
(b) She sent him home.
(c) She made Matawhero apologize to the other student.
(d) She put him in timeout.
8. What is a "pakeha"?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A white person.
(c) A chief.
(d) A child.
9. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
10. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
(a) A Siamese cat.
(b) A white dog.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A black kitten.
11. What was one of the items "missing" from the new classroom?
(a) The murals.
(b) The wallpaper.
(c) The water trough.
(d) The coat hooks.
12. Which student's mother turned away from Ashton-Warner while walking through town?
13. To what did Ashton-Warner compare her classroom of the previous year?
(a) A castle.
(b) A Maori village.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A fortress.
14. What did a "little one" say somebody had broken in Ashton-Warner's reminiscences?
(a) His toy car.
(b) His castle.
(c) His hut.
(d) His toy jet.
15. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
(a) The Blue Jug.
(b) Red Riding Hood.
(c) Hansel and Gretel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the new teacher doing when Ashton-Warner left the classroom?
2. What were Ashton-Warner and Mr. Tremaine drinking while talking on the porch?
3. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
4. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
5. In the "game" in which children said what frightened them, what was Seven afraid of?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)