|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 95 pounds.
(c) 84 pounds.
(d) 67 pounds.
2. What color were the new doors in the classrooms?
3. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
(b) Present subjunctive.
(c) Past perfect.
4. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
(a) An axe.
(b) A gun.
(c) A mallet.
(d) A knife.
5. What did one section of wallpaper depict?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Cowboys and Indians.
(d) Cops and robbers.
6. Although fear and sex were identified as two main instincts, what word did Ashton-Warner say was missing from the beginning Maori readers?
7. In what town was the "most spectacular" Maori meeting house in New Zealand?
8. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
9. What word was outlawed at the school?
10. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 15 stone.
(b) 16 stone.
(c) 14 stone.
(d) 18 stone.
11. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
(a) 12 or 13.
(b) 13 or 14.
(c) 16 or 17.
(d) 14 or 15.
12. What instrument did Waiwini play?
13. What was the weather like the day Ashton-Warner met with Tremaine?
14. How many children were in Puki's family?
15. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did it become clear that the inspectors would not be coming?
2. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
3. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
4. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
5. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)