|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Blue powder.
(b) Red chalk.
(c) Red paint.
(d) Yellow crayon.
2. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 600 years.
(c) 800 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
3. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
4. What color were the new doors in the classrooms?
5. What is a "roro"?
(a) A roof.
(b) A plaza.
(c) A gazebo.
(d) A verandah.
6. What instrument did Waiwini play?
7. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
8. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
(d) First Communion.
9. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
10. How did Ashton-Warner react after the "June incident"?
(a) She considered quitting.
(b) She became sick.
(c) She could not sleep at night.
(d) She quickly forgot about it.
11. What word was outlawed at the school?
12. What did the drawings depict in the Infant Reading Scheme that Ashton-Warner showed to Tremaine?
13. What did Ashton-Warner do as she turned and left the classroom?
(a) Say goodbye.
14. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
(a) A black kitten.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A Siamese cat.
(d) A white dog.
15. How many "halves" did the girls' basketball team play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the porch where she met with Tremaine?
2. Why could the children not yet go into the classrooms?
3. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
4. In what town was the "most spectacular" Maori meeting house in New Zealand?
5. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)