|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family's dog sometimes visited the class when Ashton-Warner was teaching?
2. When was the last time someone bought new things for Helen?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
3. What sport did the Maoris allegedly play during the three-day party?
4. What kind of tree could be seen through the glass wall?
5. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
6. Which student wrote about a father drinking all the beer at the party?
7. How many "halves" did the girls' basketball team play?
8. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
9. What is a "marae?"
(a) A totem pole.
(b) A ceremonial mask.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A temple enclosure.
10. What word was outlawed at the school?
11. What instrument did Waiwini play?
12. What did one section of wallpaper depict?
(a) Cops and robbers.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Cowboys and Indians.
13. What did Ashton-Warner do as she turned and left the classroom?
(a) Say goodbye.
14. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
(a) E.M. Forster.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
15. Which student suffered a nervous breakdown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
2. How many children were in Puki's family?
3. What position did Matawhero's grandfather hold?
4. Which wall in the new classroom was completely glassed?
5. What fictional character did Ashton-Warner reference in her section on education on marriage?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)