|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
(a) His anniversary.
(b) His baptism.
(c) His graduation.
(d) His coming-of-age.
2. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
3. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
(a) An apron.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A paintbrush.
(d) An easel.
4. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
5. What did the drawings depict in the Infant Reading Scheme that Ashton-Warner showed to Tremaine?
6. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
(a) 95 pounds.
(b) 84 pounds.
(c) 67 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
7. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
8. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
(a) 16 or 17.
(b) 12 or 13.
(c) 14 or 15.
(d) 13 or 14.
9. How did Ashton-Warner react after the "June incident"?
(a) She could not sleep at night.
(b) She became sick.
(c) She quickly forgot about it.
(d) She considered quitting.
10. What was one of the items "missing" from the new classroom?
(a) The wallpaper.
(b) The water trough.
(c) The coat hooks.
(d) The murals.
11. What writer referred to "pedagogical intercourse"?
12. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Yellow crayon.
(b) Blue powder.
(c) Red paint.
(d) Red chalk.
13. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
14. What did Professor Baillie say killed education?
15. Which of her former students was NOT in the new classroom for the new readers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the porch where she met with Tremaine?
2. What is a "roro"?
3. Which family's dog sometimes visited the class when Ashton-Warner was teaching?
4. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
5. What did Mrs. Cutter send to Ashton-Warner in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)