|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "game" in which children said what frightened them, what was Seven afraid of?
2. How did Ashton-Warner react after the "June incident"?
(a) She could not sleep at night.
(b) She became sick.
(c) She considered quitting.
(d) She quickly forgot about it.
3. What color were the new doors in the classrooms?
4. Which wall in the new classroom was completely glassed?
5. What was the name of the man doing the floors in the new classroom?
6. When did "Remembering" take place?
(a) Five years later.
(b) Two years later.
(c) A year after the events in the book.
(d) Six months later.
7. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) E.M. Forster.
8. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 16 stone.
(b) 14 stone.
(c) 15 stone.
(d) 18 stone.
9. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
(a) First Communion.
10. What is a "pakeha"?
(a) A white person.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A child.
(d) A chief.
11. What was the new teacher doing when Ashton-Warner left the classroom?
(a) Reading a story to the children.
(b) Showing the children where to hang their coats.
(c) Asking each child to read a word.
(d) Collecting homework assignments.
12. Which student's mother turned away from Ashton-Warner while walking through town?
13. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
14. What fictional character did Matawhero remind Ashton-Warner?
(a) Christopher Robin.
(b) Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Peter Pan.
15. How many words had Tame learned, according to the chart in "Post Holiday Notes"?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what evening did Mr. Tremaine visit the school?
2. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
3. Which of her former students was NOT in the new classroom for the new readers?
4. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
5. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)