|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
(a) A Siamese cat.
(b) A white dog.
(c) A black kitten.
(d) A lizard.
2. On what day did it become clear that the inspectors would not be coming?
(a) The following Monday.
3. Which of her former students was NOT in the new classroom for the new readers?
4. What did her former students do when Ashton-Warner arrived to visit their new classroom?
(a) They sat still in their chairs.
(b) They ran helter-skelter toward her.
(c) They gathered in a circle around her.
(d) They rose together to greet her.
5. How much ice cream did the boys steal from the shop in "Post Holiday Notes"?
(a) 15 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
6. To what institution did Ashton-Warner compare teaching?
(b) First Communion.
7. What did the drawings depict in the Infant Reading Scheme that Ashton-Warner showed to Tremaine?
8. How did Ashton-Warner react after the "June incident"?
(a) She quickly forgot about it.
(b) She considered quitting.
(c) She became sick.
(d) She could not sleep at night.
9. What instrument did Waiwini play?
10. In the "game" in which children said what frightened them, what was Seven afraid of?
11. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
12. How many "halves" did the girls' basketball team play?
13. What was one of the items "missing" from the new classroom?
(a) The wallpaper.
(b) The murals.
(c) The water trough.
(d) The coat hooks.
14. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
15. Which student suffered a nervous breakdown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
2. How many new stoves did the school have?
3. What color were the new doors in the classrooms?
4. How many children were in Puki's family?
5. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)