|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "waiata"?
(a) A Maori weapon.
(b) A Maori hut.
(c) A Maori shield.
(d) A Maori song.
2. What writer referred to "pedagogical intercourse"?
3. When did "Remembering" take place?
(a) A year after the events in the book.
(b) Six months later.
(c) Five years later.
(d) Two years later.
4. What instrument did Waiwini play?
5. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
6. What was one of the items "missing" from the new classroom?
(a) The wallpaper.
(b) The murals.
(c) The water trough.
(d) The coat hooks.
7. What illustration was NOT included in the pictures on the new coat hooks for the students?
(b) The pa.
(d) White children.
8. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
(a) She made Matawhero apologize to the other student.
(b) She sent him home.
(c) She made him sit in front of the class all day.
(d) She put him in timeout.
9. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
(a) The school.
(b) White neighbors.
(c) Maori leaders.
(d) The police.
10. What did one section of wallpaper depict?
(a) Cops and robbers.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Cowboys and Indians.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
11. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
(a) A lizard.
(b) A Siamese cat.
(c) A black kitten.
(d) A white dog.
12. Which student's mother turned away from Ashton-Warner while walking through town?
13. How many children were in Puki's family?
14. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 16 stone.
(b) 18 stone.
(c) 14 stone.
(d) 15 stone.
15. What sport did the Maoris allegedly play during the three-day party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
2. What did Mrs. Cutter send to Ashton-Warner in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
3. Which basketball-playing student claimed she would not return to school after being punished for bad behavior?
4. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
5. How many new stoves did the school have?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)