Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
2. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The personality of the teacher.
(b) The method used.
(c) The personality of the children.
(d) The tone of the surrounding community.
3. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
5. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
(a) In pots.
(b) In eggshells.
(c) In jars.
(d) In tins.
6. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She asked the families to provide better books.
(b) The students wrote their own books.
(c) She used existing Maori texts.
(d) She wrote the books for her students.
7. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
(a) 1:00 to 2:00.
8. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
(c) Joe Joe.
9. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
10. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A traditional Maori home.
(b) A traditional Maori tunic.
(c) A Maori dance.
(d) A Maori funeral.
11. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Creative Writing.
(b) Standard Vocabulary.
(c) Supplementary Reading.
(d) Standard Reading.
12. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) Horace Mann.
(c) C.E. Beebe.
(d) John Dewey.
13. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
14. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They read them together out loud.
(c) They made sentences together with them.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
15. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
2. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
3. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
4. What was the snail nicknamed?
5. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)