|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 10:30 a.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
3. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
(a) Between 9 and 10.
(b) Between 1 and 2.
(c) Between 2 and 3.
(d) Between 12 and 1.
4. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
5. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
6. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) A tree.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A dart.
(d) An eye.
7. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The artist.
(b) The student.
(c) The parent.
(d) The professor.
8. What did Brian mean by the term he used to describe the bus in his story?
(a) Falling apart.
9. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
10. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Save the Children.
(b) Red Cross.
(c) Feed the Children.
11. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
12. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) An hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) A half-hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
13. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(b) Do a science experiment.
(c) Read a story.
14. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
(b) Joe Joe.
15. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) One page.
(b) One whole paragraph.
(c) Three sentences.
(d) Half a page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
2. What was Helen Keller's first word?
3. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
4. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
5. What is a "tangi"?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)