|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
(c) Lo Tung.
2. To what artist did Ashton-Warner refer to in "Workbook"?
(b) Da Vinci.
3. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
4. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(b) Playing outside.
(c) Listening to piano music.
(d) Expressive dancing.
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
6. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The student.
(b) The parent.
(c) The artist.
(d) The professor.
7. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To the math room.
(b) To another room for science.
(c) Outside for games.
(d) To another room for history.
8. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
9. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
10. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
(a) A lion.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) An alligator.
(d) An orangutan.
11. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She focused on teaching those words.
(b) She destroyed those cards.
(c) She tried the cards with other students.
(d) She put the cards away for another day.
12. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(a) Paper clips.
13. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
14. What was Helen Keller's first word?
15. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
2. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
3. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
4. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
5. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)