|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "pakeha"?
(a) A child.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A chief.
(d) A white person.
2. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
3. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
4. What did Mrs. Cutter send to Ashton-Warner in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
(a) A book.
(b) A necklace.
5. Although fear and sex were identified as two main instincts, what word did Ashton-Warner say was missing from the beginning Maori readers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "tangi"?
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
3. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
4. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
5. What did Brian mean by the term he used to describe the bus in his story?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)