|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
(b) Past perfect.
(c) Present subjunctive.
2. What were Ashton-Warner and Mr. Tremaine drinking while talking on the porch?
3. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
(a) Look, see, and.
(b) Come, see, but.
(c) Come, look, and.
(d) She, he, it.
4. Which student's mother turned away from Ashton-Warner while walking through town?
5. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) One page.
(b) Half a page.
(c) Three sentences.
(d) One whole paragraph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do as she turned and left the classroom?
2. What word was NOT included on the list of words for struggling readers in February?
3. How old was Peter, the chairman of the school board?
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
5. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)