|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
2. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
(a) A paintbrush.
(b) An easel.
(c) An apron.
(d) A backpack.
3. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(b) C.E. Beebe.
(c) Horace Mann.
(d) John Dewey.
4. What is the Maori nickname for New Zealand?
(a) Land of the Green Mountains.
(b) Land of the High Valleys.
(c) Land of the Beautiful Mountains.
(d) Land of the Long White Cloud.
5. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
(d) Joe Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
2. What position did Matawhero's grandfather hold?
3. Although fear and sex were identified as two main instincts, what word did Ashton-Warner say was missing from the beginning Maori readers?
4. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
5. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)