|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the porch where she met with Tremaine?
(a) Falling apart.
3. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She tried the cards with other students.
(b) She put the cards away for another day.
(c) She focused on teaching those words.
(d) She destroyed those cards.
4. Which basketball-playing student claimed she would not return to school after being punished for bad behavior?
5. Why could the children not yet go into the classrooms?
(a) The floors were not yet dry.
(b) The roof was not finished.
(c) The chalkboards had not been installed.
(d) The stoves were not yet working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the new teacher doing when Ashton-Warner left the classroom?
2. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
3. Which student's mother turned away from Ashton-Warner while walking through town?
4. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
5. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)