|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
(a) They did not represent the way people spoke.
(b) They delayed the introduction of reading contractions.
(c) They were too long.
(d) They were not used among the Maori.
2. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(c) Too happy.
4. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
2. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
3. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
4. To what artist did Ashton-Warner refer to in "Workbook"?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the porch where she met with Tremaine?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)