|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
(a) White neighbors.
(b) Maori leaders.
(c) The police.
(d) The school.
2. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
3. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
4. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
5. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(b) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(c) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(d) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
3. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
4. What did Brian mean by the term he used to describe the bus in his story?
5. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)