|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "waiata"?
(a) A Maori song.
(b) A Maori shield.
(c) A Maori weapon.
(d) A Maori hut.
2. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) A half-hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
(a) His coming-of-age.
(b) His baptism.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His graduation.
4. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
5. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
(a) They delayed the introduction of reading contractions.
(b) They were not used among the Maori.
(c) They were too long.
(d) They did not represent the way people spoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
2. What did the drawings depict in the Infant Reading Scheme that Ashton-Warner showed to Tremaine?
3. How much did Peter weigh?
4. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
5. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)