|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
(a) They delayed the introduction of reading contractions.
(b) They did not represent the way people spoke.
(c) They were not used among the Maori.
(d) They were too long.
2. What kind of tree could be seen through the glass wall?
3. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
4. What fictional character did Ashton-Warner reference in her section on education on marriage?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(c) Madame Bovary.
5. Why could the children not yet go into the classrooms?
(a) The roof was not finished.
(b) The chalkboards had not been installed.
(c) The floors were not yet dry.
(d) The stoves were not yet working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
2. Which student's mother turned away from Ashton-Warner while walking through town?
3. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
4. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
5. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)