|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) An earthquake.
3. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
4. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Fear and hate.
(c) Fear and love.
(d) Love and sex.
5. Although fear and sex were identified as two main instincts, what word did Ashton-Warner say was missing from the beginning Maori readers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
3. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
4. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
5. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)