|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Waiwini play?
2. In the "game" in which children said what frightened them, what was Seven afraid of?
3. When was the last time someone bought new things for Helen?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
4. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
5. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Creative Writing.
(b) Standard Reading.
(c) Supplementary Reading.
(d) Standard Vocabulary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
2. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
3. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
4. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
5. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)