|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
2. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They read the words silently to themselves.
(b) They read the words to the teacher.
(c) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(d) They wrote stories using the words.
3. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
(a) She made him sit in front of the class all day.
(b) She made Matawhero apologize to the other student.
(c) She sent him home.
(d) She put him in timeout.
4. What is the Maori nickname for New Zealand?
(a) Land of the Beautiful Mountains.
(b) Land of the Green Mountains.
(c) Land of the High Valleys.
(d) Land of the Long White Cloud.
5. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
(a) Wave patterns.
(b) Animal growth.
(c) Leaf patterns.
(d) Plant growth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Peter, the chairman of the school board?
2. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
5. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)