|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
2. What is a "waiata"?
(a) A Maori weapon.
(b) A Maori shield.
(c) A Maori hut.
(d) A Maori song.
3. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of grammar.
(b) The teaching of spelling.
(c) The practice in reading aloud.
(d) The discussions.
4. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and hate.
(d) Fear and love.
5. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
2. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
3. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
4. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
5. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)