|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Three page stories.
(b) Full page stories.
(c) Two or three paragraphs.
(d) Ten sentences.
2. What is a "marae?"
(a) A totem pole.
(b) A wooden spear.
(c) A temple enclosure.
(d) A ceremonial mask.
3. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A traditional Maori home.
(c) A Maori funeral.
(d) A traditional Maori tunic.
4. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
(a) She put him in timeout.
(b) She made him sit in front of the class all day.
(c) She sent him home.
(d) She made Matawhero apologize to the other student.
5. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
3. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
4. How much did Peter weigh?
5. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)