|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The parent.
(b) The student.
(c) The professor.
(d) The artist.
3. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
4. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
(a) They were too long.
(b) They delayed the introduction of reading contractions.
(c) They were not used among the Maori.
(d) They did not represent the way people spoke.
5. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
5. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)