|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
2. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) There were no chairs used.
(b) In a ring.
(c) In three rows.
(d) In straight lines.
3. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The discussions.
(b) The teaching of grammar.
(c) The practice in reading aloud.
(d) The teaching of spelling.
4. What is a "marae?"
(a) A temple enclosure.
(b) A wooden spear.
(c) A ceremonial mask.
(d) A totem pole.
5. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
2. How many children were in Puki's family?
3. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
4. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
5. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)