|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) In three rows.
(b) In a ring.
(c) There were no chairs used.
(d) In straight lines.
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(d) Too happy.
3. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(b) Listening to piano music.
(c) Playing outside.
(d) Expressive dancing.
4. What instrument did Waiwini play?
5. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Standard Reading.
(b) Standard Vocabulary.
(c) Creative Writing.
(d) Supplementary Reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many words had Tame learned, according to the chart in "Post Holiday Notes"?
2. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
3. What color ears did Ashton-Warner say she sometimes saw in children's illustrations?
4. What is a "taiaha"?
5. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)