|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
2. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
(a) One shilling.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Seven pence.
(d) Four pence.
3. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) An eye.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A dart.
(d) A tree.
4. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A tornado.
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
2. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
3. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
4. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
5. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)