|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
(a) In tins.
(b) In eggshells.
(c) In pots.
(d) In jars.
2. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
3. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The personality of the teacher.
(b) The personality of the children.
(c) The tone of the surrounding community.
(d) The method used.
4. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Standard Reading.
(b) Creative Writing.
(c) Supplementary Reading.
(d) Standard Vocabulary.
5. Which student wrote about a father drinking all the beer at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
2. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
3. What is the Maori nickname for New Zealand?
4. How did Ashton-Warner react to Matawhero's attack on the other student?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)