|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
2. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
3. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) C.E. Beebe.
(b) Horace Mann.
(c) John Dewey.
4. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of spelling.
(b) The discussions.
(c) The practice in reading aloud.
(d) The teaching of grammar.
5. Which basketball-playing student claimed she would not return to school after being punished for bad behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
2. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
3. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
4. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
5. What student did Ashton-Warner think would have advanced farther had he been able to use "white" readers?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)