|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
2. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
3. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
(d) Joe Joe.
4. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
2. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
3. What is a "tangi"?
4. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
5. Which student wrote about a father drinking all the beer at the party?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)