|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
(a) Leaf patterns.
(b) Animal growth.
(c) Wave patterns.
(d) Plant growth.
2. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
3. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
4. Although fear and sex were identified as two main instincts, what word did Ashton-Warner say was missing from the beginning Maori readers?
5. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They finished them at home.
(b) They finished them in the afternoon.
(c) They finished them the next day.
(d) They extended the writing period.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
3. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
4. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
5. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)