|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
(a) White New Zealanders.
2. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
3. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They made sentences together with them.
(b) They read them together out loud.
(c) They practiced spelling them.
(d) They added them to their stories.
4. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
5. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) The students wrote their own books.
(b) She asked the families to provide better books.
(c) She used existing Maori texts.
(d) She wrote the books for her students.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
2. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
3. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
4. What is a "marae?"
5. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)