|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and hate.
(d) Fear and love.
2. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(b) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(c) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(d) She had the students spell the words from other students.
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) A half-hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) 20 minutes.
4. What fictional character did Matawhero remind Ashton-Warner?
(b) Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Christopher Robin.
(d) Peter Pan.
5. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) There were no chairs used.
(b) In three rows.
(c) In straight lines.
(d) In a ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
2. How many words had Tame learned, according to the chart in "Post Holiday Notes"?
3. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
4. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)