|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl told the students what to write.
(b) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(c) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(d) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
3. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A Maori warclub.
(c) A Maori hat.
(d) A Maori village.
4. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
5. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
3. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
4. What instrument did Waiwini play?
5. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)