|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
2. What position did Matawhero's grandfather hold?
(a) Chairman of the School Committee.
(b) Chairman of the School Advisory Committee.
(c) Chairman of the Board of Supervisors.
(d) Chariman of the Board of Selectmen.
3. Which basketball-playing student claimed she would not return to school after being punished for bad behavior?
4. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
5. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One sentence.
(b) Two sentences.
(c) One paragraph.
(d) Two or three words.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many "halves" did the girls' basketball team play?
2. What was Helen Keller's first word?
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
4. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
5. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)