|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
(a) 14 or 15.
(b) 12 or 13.
(c) 16 or 17.
(d) 13 or 14.
2. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
3. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
4. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(b) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(c) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(d) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
5. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
(c) Present subjunctive.
(d) Past perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
2. What color did Ashton-Warner say she liked after her basketball team won?
3. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
4. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
5. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)