|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(b) Phoenecian alphabet.
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in a hundred.
(b) One in five hundred.
(c) One in a thousand.
(d) One in ten thousand.
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Feed the Children.
(c) Red Cross.
(d) Save the Children.
4. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
5. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) In their own handwriting.
(b) In the teacher's handwriting.
(c) At a professional printers,
(d) On a school typewriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
2. What word was outlawed at the school?
3. What is a "pa"?
4. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
5. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)