|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The personality of the teacher.
(b) The tone of the surrounding community.
(c) The method used.
(d) The personality of the children.
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in ten thousand.
(b) One in five hundred.
(c) One in a thousand.
(d) One in a hundred.
3. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
4. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) A half-hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The discussions.
(b) The teaching of grammar.
(c) The practice in reading aloud.
(d) The teaching of spelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
2. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
3. On what day did it become clear that the inspectors would not be coming?
4. How much did Peter weigh?
5. What word was NOT included on the list of words for struggling readers in February?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)