|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Save the Children.
(c) Feed the Children.
(d) Red Cross.
3. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
4. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A volcano.
5. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Three sentences.
(b) One page.
(c) One whole paragraph.
(d) Half a page.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
2. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
3. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
4. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
5. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)