|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) In their own handwriting.
(b) In the teacher's handwriting.
(c) At a professional printers,
(d) On a school typewriter.
2. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He died in a car accident.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He died of cancer.
3. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A tornado.
4. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
5. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in five hundred.
(b) One in a hundred.
(c) One in ten thousand.
(d) One in a thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
2. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
3. What is a "pa"?
4. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
5. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)