|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
2. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of grammar.
(b) The teaching of spelling.
(c) The discussions.
(d) The practice in reading aloud.
3. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
(a) They were too long.
(b) They were not used among the Maori.
(c) They did not represent the way people spoke.
(d) They delayed the introduction of reading contractions.
4. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
5. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
3. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
4. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
5. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)