|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They finished them in the afternoon.
(b) They extended the writing period.
(c) They finished them the next day.
(d) They finished them at home.
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Red Cross.
(b) Save the Children.
(d) Feed the Children.
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) A half-hour.
4. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(b) She corrected the spelling only.
(c) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(d) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
5. What was Helen Keller's first word?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
2. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
3. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
4. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
5. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)