|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 10:00 and 11:30.
(b) 8:00 and 9:30.
(c) 9:00 and 10:30.
(d) 12:30 and 2:00.
3. What was Helen Keller's first word?
4. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
5. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They practiced spelling them.
(c) They made sentences together with them.
(d) They read them together out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. What color ears did Ashton-Warner say she sometimes saw in children's illustrations?
3. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
4. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)