|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
(a) White New Zealanders.
3. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To the math room.
(b) To another room for science.
(c) Outside for games.
(d) To another room for history.
4. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 12:30 and 2:00.
(b) 8:00 and 9:30.
(c) 10:00 and 11:30.
(d) 9:00 and 10:30.
5. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
(a) In jars.
(b) In eggshells.
(c) In pots.
(d) In tins.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
2. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
5. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)