|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
2. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
3. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
4. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) John Dewey.
(c) C.E. Beebe.
(d) Horace Mann.
5. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Jean Valjean.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) Oliver Twist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
2. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
4. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
5. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)