|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The tone of the surrounding community.
(b) The personality of the children.
(c) The personality of the teacher.
(d) The method used.
2. What did Brian mean by the term he used to describe the bus in his story?
(b) Falling apart.
3. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A tornado.
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(d) Too happy.
5. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
2. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
3. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
4. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
5. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)