|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
2. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(b) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(c) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(d) She had the students spell the words from other students.
3. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
4. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
5. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 10:00 and 11:30.
(b) 9:00 and 10:30.
(c) 8:00 and 9:30.
(d) 12:30 and 2:00.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
3. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
4. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
5. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)