|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(b) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(c) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(d) She had the students spell the words from other students.
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 10:30 a.m.
(c) 11:30 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
3. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He died in a car accident.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He drowned.
4. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
2. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
3. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
4. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)