|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They wrote stories using the words.
(b) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(c) They read the words to the teacher.
(d) They read the words silently to themselves.
2. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Winnie the Pooh.
3. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
(a) They were too long.
(b) They did not represent the way people spoke.
(c) They delayed the introduction of reading contractions.
(d) They were not used among the Maori.
4. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(b) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(c) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(d) She corrected the spelling only.
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
2. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
3. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
4. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
5. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)