|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(b) Playing outside.
(c) Expressive dancing.
(d) Listening to piano music.
2. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A lion.
(c) A gorilla.
(d) An orangutan.
3. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
4. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
5. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Jean Valjean.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) David Copperfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
2. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
3. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
4. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
5. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)