|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) A half-hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) 20 minutes.
2. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Jean Valjean.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) David Copperfield.
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
4. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
5. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
2. How long did the spelling period last?
3. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
4. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
5. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)