|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Do a science experiment.
(d) Read a story.
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They read them together out loud.
(b) They added them to their stories.
(c) They practiced spelling them.
(d) They made sentences together with them.
3. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(d) Paper clips.
4. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
5. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
2. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
3. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
4. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
5. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)