|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She asked the families to provide better books.
(b) She wrote the books for her students.
(c) The students wrote their own books.
(d) She used existing Maori texts.
2. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They wrote stories using the words.
(b) They read the words to the teacher.
(c) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(d) They read the words silently to themselves.
3. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
4. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
5. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
3. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
4. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
5. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)