|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
(a) In jars.
(b) In tins.
(c) In pots.
(d) In eggshells.
2. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A Maori village.
(c) A Maori warclub.
(d) A Maori hat.
4. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) One page.
(b) Half a page.
(c) One whole paragraph.
(d) Three sentences.
5. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The discussions.
(b) The teaching of spelling.
(c) The teaching of grammar.
(d) The practice in reading aloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
3. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
4. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)