|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) A dart.
(b) A triangle.
(c) An eye.
(d) A tree.
2. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
3. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) One page.
(b) One whole paragraph.
(c) Half a page.
(d) Three sentences.
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(c) Too happy.
5. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
3. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
4. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
5. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)