|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(b) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(c) She corrected the spelling only.
(d) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
3. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
(b) Joe Joe.
4. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
5. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The method used.
(b) The tone of the surrounding community.
(c) The personality of the children.
(d) The personality of the teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
2. What is a "pa"?
3. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
4. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
5. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)