|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(b) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(c) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(d) She corrected the spelling only.
2. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She wrote the books for her students.
(b) She asked the families to provide better books.
(c) The students wrote their own books.
(d) She used existing Maori texts.
3. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
4. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
5. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
(a) Between 12 and 1.
(b) Between 9 and 10.
(c) Between 1 and 2.
(d) Between 2 and 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
2. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
3. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
4. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
5. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)