|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
(a) A lion.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) An alligator.
(d) An orangutan.
2. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Do a science experiment.
(d) Read a story.
3. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(b) Horace Mann.
(c) C.E. Beebe.
(d) John Dewey.
4. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They read the words to the teacher.
(b) They wrote stories using the words.
(c) They read the words silently to themselves.
(d) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
5. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
2. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
4. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
5. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)