|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and love.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and sex.
(d) Fear and hate.
2. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two or three words.
(b) One sentence.
(c) Two sentences.
(d) One paragraph.
3. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Full page stories.
(b) Two or three paragraphs.
(c) Three page stories.
(d) Ten sentences.
4. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Three sentences.
(b) Half a page.
(c) One whole paragraph.
(d) One page.
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
Short Answer Questions
1. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
2. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
3. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
4. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
5. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)