|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They finished them at home.
(b) They extended the writing period.
(c) They finished them in the afternoon.
(d) They finished them the next day.
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A tornado.
3. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(c) Phoenecian alphabet.
4. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She wrote the books for her students.
(b) She used existing Maori texts.
(c) She asked the families to provide better books.
(d) The students wrote their own books.
5. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
2. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
3. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
4. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
5. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)