|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
2. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(a) Listening to piano music.
(c) Expressive dancing.
(d) Playing outside.
3. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The personality of the children.
(b) The method used.
(c) The personality of the teacher.
(d) The tone of the surrounding community.
4. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(b) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(c) The girl told the students what to write.
(d) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
3. How long did the spelling period last?
4. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
5. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)