|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 10:30 a.m.
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Red Cross.
(b) Feed the Children.
(c) Save the Children.
4. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
5. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tornado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
2. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
3. What was the snail nicknamed?
4. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)