|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
2. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and love.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and hate.
(d) Fear and sex.
3. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
4. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They read them together out loud.
(b) They added them to their stories.
(c) They practiced spelling them.
(d) They made sentences together with them.
5. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
(a) In jars.
(b) In tins.
(c) In eggshells.
(d) In pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
2. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
4. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
5. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)