|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A volcano.
3. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
4. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six years.
5. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 11:30 a.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 10:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
3. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
4. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
5. What was the snail nicknamed?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)