|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
2. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They read the words to the teacher.
(b) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(c) They wrote stories using the words.
(d) They read the words silently to themselves.
3. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
4. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A traditional Maori tunic.
(b) A traditional Maori home.
(c) A Maori funeral.
(d) A Maori dance.
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the spelling period last?
2. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
3. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
4. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
5. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)