|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color ears did Ashton-Warner say she sometimes saw in children's illustrations?
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(b) She corrected the spelling only.
(c) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(d) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
3. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A traditional Maori home.
(c) A traditional Maori tunic.
(d) A Maori funeral.
4. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(b) Paper clips.
5. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They finished them in the afternoon.
(b) They extended the writing period.
(c) They finished them the next day.
(d) They finished them at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
2. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
4. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
5. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)