|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
2. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
3. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two or three words.
(b) One sentence.
(c) Two sentences.
(d) One paragraph.
4. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Three sentences.
(b) One whole paragraph.
(c) One page.
(d) Half a page.
5. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
(a) W.B. Yeats.
(b) e.e. cummings.
(d) T.S. Eliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "tangi"?
2. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
3. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
4. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
5. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)