|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
2. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
3. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(b) C.E. Beebe.
(c) Horace Mann.
(d) John Dewey.
4. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
(a) Animal growth.
(b) Wave patterns.
(c) Plant growth.
(d) Leaf patterns.
5. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
4. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
5. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)