|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six years.
2. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two sentences.
(b) One sentence.
(c) One paragraph.
(d) Two or three words.
3. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
4. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Jean Valjean.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) David Copperfield.
5. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She destroyed those cards.
(b) She focused on teaching those words.
(c) She put the cards away for another day.
(d) She tried the cards with other students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
3. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
4. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
5. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)