|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Read a story.
(d) Do a science experiment.
2. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One sentence.
(b) Two sentences.
(c) Two or three words.
(d) One paragraph.
3. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Tiny Tim.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Jean Valjean.
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(b) The girl told the students what to write.
(c) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(d) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
5. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in pristine condition.
(b) They were in tatters.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were in fair condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
2. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
3. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
4. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
5. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)