|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
2. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
3. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
4. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) A triangle.
(b) A dart.
(c) An eye.
(d) A tree.
5. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(c) Phoenecian alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
3. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
4. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)