|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Half a page.
(b) One whole paragraph.
(c) Three sentences.
(d) One page.
2. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
3. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) In the teacher's handwriting.
(b) In their own handwriting.
(c) On a school typewriter.
(d) At a professional printers,
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl told the students what to write.
(b) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(c) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(d) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
5. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) There were no chairs used.
(b) In a ring.
(c) In straight lines.
(d) In three rows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
3. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
4. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
5. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)