|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 11:30 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 10:30 a.m.
3. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) A dart.
(b) A triangle.
(c) An eye.
(d) A tree.
4. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 9:00 and 10:30.
(b) 12:30 and 2:00.
(c) 8:00 and 9:30.
(d) 10:00 and 11:30.
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
3. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
4. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
5. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)