|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They wrote stories using the words.
(b) They read the words silently to themselves.
(c) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(d) They read the words to the teacher.
2. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
3. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
4. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in pristine condition.
(b) They were in fair condition.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were in tatters.
5. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and love.
(d) Fear and hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
2. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
3. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
4. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)