|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A tsunami.
2. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
3. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and hate.
(d) Fear and love.
4. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She put the cards away for another day.
(b) She focused on teaching those words.
(c) She tried the cards with other students.
(d) She destroyed those cards.
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
3. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
5. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)