|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(d) Paper clips.
3. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(b) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(c) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(d) The girl told the students what to write.
5. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They read them together out loud.
(b) They made sentences together with them.
(c) They practiced spelling them.
(d) They added them to their stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
2. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
3. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
4. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
5. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)