|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) A half-hour.
(d) An hour.
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(b) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(c) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(d) The girl told the students what to write.
3. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of grammar.
(b) The discussions.
(c) The practice in reading aloud.
(d) The teaching of spelling.
4. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Fear and love.
(c) Love and sex.
(d) Fear and hate.
5. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) One page.
(b) Three sentences.
(c) Half a page.
(d) One whole paragraph.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
2. How long did the reading period last?
3. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
4. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
5. What is a "tangi"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)