|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To another room for science.
(b) Outside for games.
(c) To another room for history.
(d) To the math room.
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Save the Children.
(b) Feed the Children.
(d) Red Cross.
3. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
4. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(b) She had the students spell the words from other students.
(c) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(d) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
5. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
2. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. What is a "pa"?
5. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)