|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(b) They read the words silently to themselves.
(c) They wrote stories using the words.
(d) They read the words to the teacher.
2. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Three page stories.
(b) Two or three paragraphs.
(c) Full page stories.
(d) Ten sentences.
3. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
5. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(b) Playing outside.
(c) Listening to piano music.
(d) Expressive dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
2. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
5. How long did the spelling period last?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)