|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One sentence.
(b) Two sentences.
(c) Two or three words.
(d) One paragraph.
2. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) In the teacher's handwriting.
(b) On a school typewriter.
(c) In their own handwriting.
(d) At a professional printers,
3. What was Helen Keller's first word?
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
4. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
5. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)