|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
2. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) Horace Mann.
(b) C.E. Beebe.
(c) John Dewey.
3. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They read the words to the teacher.
(b) They read the words silently to themselves.
(c) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(d) They wrote stories using the words.
4. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He died in a car accident.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was murdered.
5. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
2. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
3. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
4. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
5. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)