|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A tornado.
2. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of grammar.
(b) The practice in reading aloud.
(c) The discussions.
(d) The teaching of spelling.
3. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori hat.
(b) A Maori village.
(c) A Maori dance.
(d) A Maori warclub.
4. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 11:30 a.m.
(d) 10:30 a.m.
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
2. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
3. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
4. What is a "tangi"?
5. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)