|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and sex.
(b) Love and sex.
(c) Fear and hate.
(d) Fear and love.
3. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They read them together out loud.
(b) They practiced spelling them.
(c) They made sentences together with them.
(d) They added them to their stories.
4. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
5. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of grammar.
(b) The teaching of spelling.
(c) The discussions.
(d) The practice in reading aloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
2. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
3. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
4. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
5. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)