|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
2. What was Helen Keller's first word?
3. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
4. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two or three words.
(b) One paragraph.
(c) One sentence.
(d) Two sentences.
5. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She used existing Maori texts.
(b) She asked the families to provide better books.
(c) The students wrote their own books.
(d) She wrote the books for her students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
2. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
4. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
5. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)