|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(b) Too happy.
2. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
3. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
4. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
5. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(b) John Dewey.
(c) C.E. Beebe.
(d) Horace Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
2. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
3. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
4. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
5. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)