|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To another room for science.
(b) To the math room.
(c) To another room for history.
(d) Outside for games.
2. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(b) Too happy.
4. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
5. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) C.E. Beebe.
(b) Horace Mann.
(c) John Dewey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
2. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
4. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
5. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)