|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and hate.
(b) Fear and sex.
(c) Love and sex.
(d) Fear and love.
2. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two sentences.
(b) Two or three words.
(c) One sentence.
(d) One paragraph.
3. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
(a) She had each student write the spellings down for a test.
(b) She asked all of the students to spell all of the words.
(c) She allowed students to pick a word to spell if they wanted to.
(d) She had the students spell the words from other students.
4. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A traditional Maori home.
(b) A traditional Maori tunic.
(c) A Maori funeral.
(d) A Maori dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
2. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
4. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
5. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)