|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori hat.
(b) A Maori village.
(c) A Maori warclub.
(d) A Maori dance.
3. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(b) C.E. Beebe.
(c) Horace Mann.
(d) John Dewey.
4. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
5. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
2. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
3. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
4. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
5. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)