|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(d) Phoenecian alphabet.
2. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
3. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) Three sentences.
(b) Half a page.
(c) One page.
(d) One whole paragraph.
4. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He died in a car accident.
5. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
2. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
3. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
4. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
5. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)