|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(b) Phoenecian alphabet.
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(b) She corrected the spelling only.
(c) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(d) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
3. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
4. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
5. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A Maori hat.
(c) A Maori village.
(d) A Maori warclub.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
2. What was Helen Keller's first word?
3. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
4. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)