|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(b) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(c) She corrected the spelling only.
(d) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
2. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) An hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) A half-hour.
4. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One sentence.
(b) Two sentences.
(c) Two or three words.
(d) One paragraph.
5. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) An eye.
(b) A dart.
(c) A tree.
(d) A triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
2. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
3. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
4. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
5. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)