|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
(c) Phoenecian alphabet.
3. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
4. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl told the students what to write.
(b) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(c) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(d) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
2. What is a "pa"?
3. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
4. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
5. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)