|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and hate.
(b) Fear and sex.
(c) Fear and love.
(d) Love and sex.
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(b) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(c) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(d) She corrected the spelling only.
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They extended the writing period.
(b) They finished them at home.
(c) They finished them the next day.
(d) They finished them in the afternoon.
4. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Save the Children.
(c) Red Cross.
(d) Feed the Children.
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl told the students what to write.
(b) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(c) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(d) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
2. What was Helen Keller's first word?
3. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
4. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
5. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)