|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) An eye.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A dart.
(d) A tree.
2. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They finished them in the afternoon.
(b) They finished them at home.
(c) They extended the writing period.
(d) They finished them the next day.
3. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He died in a car accident.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was murdered.
4. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
5. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(a) Save the Children.
(b) Feed the Children.
(c) Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
4. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
5. By what title was Tolstoy known to his students?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)