|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He died in a car accident.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He died of cancer.
2. What was Helen Keller's first word?
3. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She tried the cards with other students.
(b) She put the cards away for another day.
(c) She destroyed those cards.
(d) She focused on teaching those words.
4. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
5. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
(a) C.E. Beebe.
(b) Horace Mann.
(d) John Dewey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
2. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
3. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
4. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
5. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)