|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(a) Expressive dancing.
(b) Listening to piano music.
(c) Playing outside.
2. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
(a) They finished them the next day.
(b) They extended the writing period.
(c) They finished them in the afternoon.
(d) They finished them at home.
4. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
5. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Ten sentences.
(b) Three page stories.
(c) Two or three paragraphs.
(d) Full page stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
2. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
3. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
4. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
5. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)