|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) A half-hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. What figure signified divinity in the Chaldean writing system?
(a) A triangle.
(b) A tree.
(c) An eye.
(d) A dart.
3. To what natural phenomenon did Ashton-Warner describe the mind of a young child?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) An earthquake.
4. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori hat.
(b) A Maori warclub.
(c) A Maori dance.
(d) A Maori village.
5. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One sentence.
(b) Two or three words.
(c) One paragraph.
(d) Two sentences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
2. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
3. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
4. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
5. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)