|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
(b) Feed the Children.
(c) Save the Children.
(d) Red Cross.
2. What philosopher said that language must precede a nation's formation?
3. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
4. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two sentences.
(b) One paragraph.
(c) One sentence.
(d) Two or three words.
5. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) A half-hour.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
2. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
3. Under what category was the Maori word, "haka," placed?
4. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
5. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)