|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(b) She corrected the spelling only.
(c) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(d) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
3. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(b) Playing outside.
(c) Expressive dancing.
(d) Listening to piano music.
4. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
(a) One whole paragraph.
(b) Three sentences.
(c) One page.
(d) Half a page.
5. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One paragraph.
(b) Two or three words.
(c) One sentence.
(d) Two sentences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "pa"?
2. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
3. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
4. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
5. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)