|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
2. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
3. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(b) She corrected the spelling only.
(c) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(d) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
4. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
5. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They read the words to the teacher.
(b) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
(c) They wrote stories using the words.
(d) They read the words silently to themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
2. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
3. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
4. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
5. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)