|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student picked the word bomb as a first key word?
2. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Two or three paragraphs.
(b) Ten sentences.
(c) Three page stories.
(d) Full page stories.
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) A half-hour.
(d) An hour.
4. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He died in a car accident.
(d) He drowned.
5. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
2. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
3. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
4. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
5. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)