|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Matawhero's grandfather hold?
(a) Chariman of the Board of Selectmen.
(b) Chairman of the School Committee.
(c) Chairman of the Board of Supervisors.
(d) Chairman of the School Advisory Committee.
2. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He died in a car accident.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He was murdered.
3. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
(a) They were not used among the Maori.
(b) They delayed the introduction of reading contractions.
(c) They did not represent the way people spoke.
(d) They were too long.
4. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A Maori village.
(c) A Maori hat.
(d) A Maori warclub.
5. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did the seven-year-old twins play after the event for Kahu?
2. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
3. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
4. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
5. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)