Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Creative Teaching, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Jean Valjean.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) Oliver Twist.
2. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
3. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(b) Expressive dancing.
(c) Playing outside.
(d) Listening to piano music.
4. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
5. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
3. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
4. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
5. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)