|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The professor.
(b) The student.
(c) The parent.
(d) The artist.
2. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) Jean Valjean.
3. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
(a) 13 or 14.
(b) 16 or 17.
(c) 14 or 15.
(d) 12 or 13.
4. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
5. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
2. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
3. How were the children's stories "produced"?
4. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
5. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)