|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She corrected the spelling only.
(b) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(c) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(d) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in a thousand.
(b) One in five hundred.
(c) One in a hundred.
(d) One in ten thousand.
3. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
4. What word did Mohi pick as his first key word?
5. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Jean Valjean.
(d) Tiny Tim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
2. Which author stated that "words have souls"?
3. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
4. What is the Maori nickname for New Zealand?
5. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)