|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
(a) Joe Joe.
2. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
3. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
4. What part of speech did Ashton-Warner first teach her Maori students to read?
5. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
Short Answer Questions
1. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
2. What author, quoted by Ashton-Warner, advocated hitting children as punishment?
3. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
4. What sport did the Maoris allegedly play during the three-day party?
5. To what world-wide agency did Ashton-Warner refer to in describing teaching methods in underdeveloped nations?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)