|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
3. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Red paint.
(b) Red chalk.
(c) Yellow crayon.
(d) Blue powder.
4. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in tatters.
(b) They were in pristine condition.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were in fair condition.
5. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of spelling.
(b) The practice in reading aloud.
(c) The discussions.
(d) The teaching of grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
2. What word was NOT included on the list of words for struggling readers in February?
3. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
4. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
5. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)