|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was outlawed at the school?
2. What fictional character did Ashton-Warner reference in her section on education on marriage?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(b) Anna Karenina.
3. What was the snail nicknamed?
4. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
(a) Come, look, and.
(b) Look, see, and.
(c) She, he, it.
(d) Come, see, but.
5. What is a "taiaha"?
(a) A totem pole.
(b) A flint knife.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A protective shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
2. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
3. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
4. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
5. In what season was the story of the Little Red Hen told?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)