|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
2. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
(a) They wrote stories using the words.
(b) They read the words silently to themselves.
(c) They read the words to the teacher.
(d) They paired up with other students and taught each other the words.
3. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
4. What is a "taiaha"?
(a) A flint knife.
(b) A protective shield.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A totem pole.
5. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Jean Valjean.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) Tiny Tim.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
3. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
4. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
5. What was the most powerful word under the "sex" category?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)