|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in pristine condition.
(b) They were in fair condition.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were in tatters.
2. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She asked the families to provide better books.
(b) She used existing Maori texts.
(c) The students wrote their own books.
(d) She wrote the books for her students.
3. What were Ashton-Warner and Mr. Tremaine drinking while talking on the porch?
4. How many "halves" did the girls' basketball team play?
5. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(b) She corrected the spelling only.
(c) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(d) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was NOT included on the list of words for struggling readers in February?
2. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
3. To what artist did Ashton-Warner refer to in "Workbook"?
4. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
5. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)