|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(b) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(c) The girl told the students what to write.
(d) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
2. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
(b) Joe Joe.
3. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
4. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
5. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did the volunteer describe teaching villagers how to read and write their own names?
2. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
3. Which basketball-playing student claimed she would not return to school after being punished for bad behavior?
4. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
5. Which student wrote about a father drinking all the beer at the party?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)