|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "game" in which children said what frightened them, what was Seven afraid of?
2. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(d) One hundred.
3. How much ice cream did the boys steal from the shop in "Post Holiday Notes"?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The method used.
(b) The tone of the surrounding community.
(c) The personality of the children.
(d) The personality of the teacher.
5. In what year did Leo Tolstoy begin his peasant school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student chose "King of the Rocket Men" as a key word?
2. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
3. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
4. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
5. To what ancient writing system did Ashton-Warner refer at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)