|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
(a) Plant growth.
(b) Wave patterns.
(c) Leaf patterns.
(d) Animal growth.
2. What short word did Ashton-Warner say (in "Maori Transitional Readers") was used by Maori at the end or beginning of most spoken sentences?
3. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
(a) The police.
(b) Maori leaders.
(c) The school.
(d) White neighbors.
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(a) Too happy.
5. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
2. Which student's parents fought frequently and violently at night?
3. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
4. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
5. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)