|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two main instincts around which the key vocabulary was built?
(a) Fear and hate.
(b) Fear and love.
(c) Fear and sex.
(d) Love and sex.
2. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
3. What was the snail nicknamed?
4. What was the most powerful word under the "fear" category?
5. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "pakeha"?
2. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
3. What is a "roro"?
4. How were the children's stories "produced"?
5. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)