|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
2. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
(a) A lion.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A gorilla.
(d) An orangutan.
3. What is a "marae?"
(a) A wooden spear.
(b) A ceremonial mask.
(c) A temple enclosure.
(d) A totem pole.
4. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The student.
(b) The professor.
(c) The parent.
(d) The artist.
5. How many words had Tame learned, according to the chart in "Post Holiday Notes"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Seven allegedly use to attack Wi?
2. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
3. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
4. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
5. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)