|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student stumbled on the words "Come," "look," and "and"?
2. What word was outlawed at the school?
3. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
4. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
5. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) In three rows.
(b) There were no chairs used.
(c) In a ring.
(d) In straight lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
2. According to Ashton-Warner, who provided the beer for the three-day party?
3. What pet did Matawhero bring to school in "Post Holiday Notes?"
4. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
5. How many Maori readers did Aston-Warner hand-print?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)