|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
(c) Joe Joe.
2. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
(a) Substance abuse.
3. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
4. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Winnie the Pooh.
(d) Peter Pan.
5. How many children were in Puki's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "pa"?
2. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
4. How were the children's stories "produced"?
5. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)