|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
(b) Peaceful readings.
2. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He died in a car accident.
(d) He drowned.
3. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Winnie the Pooh.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Peter Pan.
4. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 12:30 and 2:00.
(b) 8:00 and 9:30.
(c) 10:00 and 11:30.
(d) 9:00 and 10:30.
5. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) At a professional printers,
(b) In the teacher's handwriting.
(c) On a school typewriter.
(d) In their own handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
3. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
4. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
5. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)