|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
2. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A traditional Maori home.
(b) A Maori dance.
(c) A traditional Maori tunic.
(d) A Maori funeral.
3. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
4. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
(a) In jars.
(b) In tins.
(c) In pots.
(d) In eggshells.
5. Which student did Ashton-Warner say had to talk to the teacher every time she read a story?
(b) Joe Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
3. How were the children's stories "produced"?
4. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
5. What did Brian mean by the term he used to describe the bus in his story?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)