|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
(a) There were no chairs used.
(b) In a ring.
(c) In straight lines.
(d) In three rows.
2. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
(a) Wave patterns.
(b) Leaf patterns.
(c) Plant growth.
(d) Animal growth.
3. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(a) Paper clips.
4. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Read a story.
(c) Do a science experiment.
5. What is a "taiaha"?
(a) A wooden spear.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A flint knife.
(d) A protective shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what artist did Ashton-Warner refer to in "Workbook"?
2. How many children were in Puki's family?
3. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
4. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
5. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)