|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
2. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
(c) 1:00 to 2:00.
3. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(c) One hundred.
4. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She wrote the books for her students.
(b) She asked the families to provide better books.
(c) The students wrote their own books.
(d) She used existing Maori texts.
5. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
(a) Listening to piano music.
(c) Playing outside.
(d) Expressive dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
2. What is a "taiaha"?
3. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
4. To what animal was Ashton-Warner handed over in a Maori child's made-up story?
5. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)