|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in fair condition.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were in pristine condition.
(d) They were in tatters.
2. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) One paragraph.
(b) Two sentences.
(c) Two or three words.
(d) One sentence.
3. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They practiced spelling them.
(b) They read them together out loud.
(c) They added them to their stories.
(d) They made sentences together with them.
4. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
5. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
(c) Lo Tung.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Maori transitional readers did Ashton-Warner end up with?
2. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
3. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
4. To what artist did Ashton-Warner refer to in "Workbook"?
5. What color ears did Ashton-Warner say she sometimes saw in children's illustrations?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)