|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
2. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in tatters.
(b) They were in fair condition.
(c) They were in pristine condition.
(d) They were lost.
3. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Jean Valjean.
(b) Tiny Tim.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) David Copperfield.
4. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
(d) Substance abuse.
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(b) The girl told the students what to write.
(c) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(d) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
2. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
3. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
4. What color crayon did Ashton-Warner use for the key vocabulary?
5. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)