|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) In the teacher's handwriting.
(b) On a school typewriter.
(c) In their own handwriting.
(d) At a professional printers,
2. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Tiny Tim.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) Jean Valjean.
3. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
4. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
(a) Peaceful readings.
5. Which of the following did NOT affect classroom tone, according to Ashton-Warner?
(a) The method used.
(b) The personality of the children.
(c) The personality of the teacher.
(d) The tone of the surrounding community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
2. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
3. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
4. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
5. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)