|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She corrected the spelling only.
(b) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(c) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
(d) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
2. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
(a) Peaceful readings.
3. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
4. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
5. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What educational thinker was quoted at the beginning of "Organic Writing"?
2. What did the students do with their cards after they were handed out?
3. What was the ideal number of students to whom a teacher could give individual attention?
4. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
5. Where did Ashton-Warner say many classrooms grow seeds for indoor study?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)