|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Do a science experiment.
(b) Read a story.
2. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
(b) W.B. Yeats.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) e.e. cummings.
3. How long ago had the Maoris ancestors arrived in New Zealand from Polynesia?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 600 years.
(c) 800 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
4. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They practiced spelling them.
(b) They read them together out loud.
(c) They made sentences together with them.
(d) They added them to their stories.
5. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She tried the cards with other students.
(b) She focused on teaching those words.
(c) She destroyed those cards.
(d) She put the cards away for another day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "marae?"
2. How long did the reading period last?
3. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
4. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
5. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)