|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(b) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(c) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(d) The girl told the students what to write.
2. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
(a) 12:30 and 2:00.
(b) 9:00 and 10:30.
(c) 10:00 and 11:30.
(d) 8:00 and 9:30.
3. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Blue powder.
(b) Red paint.
(c) Red chalk.
(d) Yellow crayon.
4. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(b) Paper clips.
5. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
2. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
3. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
4. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
5. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)