|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner do with the key vocabulary words that were forgotten the next day?
(a) She focused on teaching those words.
(b) She tried the cards with other students.
(c) She put the cards away for another day.
(d) She destroyed those cards.
2. What is a "pakeha"?
(a) A child.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A chief.
(d) A white person.
3. How long did Ashton-Warner give the students each day to write their stories?
(a) An hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) A half-hour.
4. Which student had a father who worked at the carnival?
5. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He died in a car accident.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He died of cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
2. For how long did Ashton-Warner experiment in developing the Maori transitional readers?
3. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
4. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
5. What was the snail nicknamed?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)