|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(c) Paper clips.
2. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
(b) White New Zealanders.
3. What is a "taiaha"?
(a) A protective shield.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A flint knife.
(d) A wooden spear.
4. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
5. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) Winnie the Pooh.
(d) Treasure Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet is quoted at the beginning of "Tone"?
2. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
3. To what artist did Ashton-Warner refer to in "Workbook"?
4. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
5. What did the students do if they ran out of time to write their stories in the allotted time?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)