|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Creative Writing.
(b) Supplementary Reading.
(c) Standard Vocabulary.
(d) Standard Reading.
2. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
3. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
4. What is a "marae?"
(a) A ceremonial mask.
(b) A wooden spear.
(c) A temple enclosure.
(d) A totem pole.
5. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
(b) 1:00 to 2:00.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
2. What color were the sports pullovers the basketball players were knitting for themselves?
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
4. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
5. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)