|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They made sentences together with them.
(c) They read them together out loud.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
2. What is a "pa"?
(a) A Maori village.
(b) A Maori dance.
(c) A Maori hat.
(d) A Maori warclub.
3. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The student.
(b) The parent.
(c) The artist.
(d) The professor.
4. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
5. What was the maximum number of children Ashton-Warner felt a teacher could give individual attention to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
2. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
3. What is a "taiaha"?
4. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
5. To what natural phenomenon does the term "Golden Section" refer?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)