|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Amira's supposed score in basketball practice?
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in ten thousand.
(b) One in five hundred.
(c) One in a hundred.
(d) One in a thousand.
3. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To another room for history.
(b) Outside for games.
(c) To another room for science.
(d) To the math room.
4. What did Mrs. Cutter send to Ashton-Warner in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
(b) A book.
(d) A necklace.
5. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
2. What is a "pa"?
3. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
4. What is the Maori nickname for New Zealand?
5. What did Mark claim had been stolen from him in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)