|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
2. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Standard Vocabulary.
(b) Standard Reading.
(c) Creative Writing.
(d) Supplementary Reading.
3. To what artist did Ashton-Warner refer to in "Workbook"?
(a) Da Vinci.
4. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
5. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Do a science experiment.
(c) Read a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner react after the "June incident"?
2. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
4. What story was Ashton-Warner asked to read while trying to get the child to nap?
5. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)