|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two or three words.
(b) One sentence.
(c) One paragraph.
(d) Two sentences.
2. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
3. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
(d) 1:00 to 2:00.
4. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(d) One hundred.
5. What is a "taiaha"?
(a) A flint knife.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A protective shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
2. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
3. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
4. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
5. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)