|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "marae?"
(a) A wooden spear.
(b) A ceremonial mask.
(c) A temple enclosure.
(d) A totem pole.
2. What did Mere and June rub on their faces?
(a) Yellow crayon.
(b) Red paint.
(c) Red chalk.
(d) Blue powder.
3. How long were Ashton-Warner's seven-year-old students able to write?
(a) Three page stories.
(b) Full page stories.
(c) Two or three paragraphs.
(d) Ten sentences.
4. How long were most of the "stories" written by the students at the beginning of school?
(a) Two or three words.
(b) Two sentences.
(c) One sentence.
(d) One paragraph.
5. What size were the cards Ashton-Warner used for the key vocabulary words?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event was being celebrated for Kahu at the Assembly Hall?
2. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
3. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
4. What did Ashton-Warner sometimes use to break up the difficult work of writing?
5. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)