|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(b) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
(c) The girl told the students what to write.
(d) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
2. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
(a) Peaceful readings.
3. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Standard Vocabulary.
(b) Standard Reading.
(c) Creative Writing.
(d) Supplementary Reading.
4. What is a "marae?"
(a) A ceremonial mask.
(b) A temple enclosure.
(c) A wooden spear.
(d) A totem pole.
5. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season was the story of The Three Goats told?
2. In the illustrations accompanying "Organic Writing," what fatal accident did one child claim had happened to him?
3. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
4. Why did Ashton-Warner object to the use of terms such as "do not" in early readers?
5. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)