|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the reading period last?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
2. At what time of day did Ashton-Warner "teach" the Golden Section?
(a) Between 2 and 3.
(b) Between 1 and 2.
(c) Between 12 and 1.
(d) Between 9 and 10.
3. What is a "marae?"
(a) A temple enclosure.
(b) A totem pole.
(c) A ceremonial mask.
(d) A wooden spear.
4. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
5. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
(d) Substance abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "tangi"?
2. What "univited insect" was NOT seen in the classroom?
3. How long did many of the students' stories become by the time they were six?
4. Between what hours did Ashton-Warner focus on creativity through work on the key vocabulary?
5. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)