Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in A Maori School, 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Standard Vocabulary.
(b) Standard Reading.
(c) Creative Writing.
(d) Supplementary Reading.
2. How did Ashton-Warner "grade" the stories?
(a) She made suggestions for changes in the stories.
(b) She corrected the spelling only.
(c) She never put any marks on the students' writings.
(d) She corrected the spelling and grammar.
3. How many other books preceded the development of the Maori transitional readers?
4. How did Ashton-Warner describe the worst assistant she ever had in the classroom?
(a) The girl spoke incessantly about herself.
(b) The girl insisted on reprimanding the students.
(c) The girl told the students what to write.
(d) The girl insisted on a quiet classroom.
5. To what Dickens novel character did Ashton-Warner refer in "Maori Transitional Readers?"
(a) Jean Valjean.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Tiny Tim.
(d) Oliver Twist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
2. What was one bird NOT mentioned as being seen outside the school?
3. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
4. What did Mrs. Cutter send to Ashton-Warner in "Life in a Maori School, 1"?
5. What did Brian mean by the term he used to describe the bus in his story?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)