|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
2. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The professor.
(b) The artist.
(c) The parent.
(d) The student.
3. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Winnie the Pooh.
4. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
2. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
4. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
5. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)