|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
(a) 1:00 to 2:00.
2. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) On a school typewriter.
(b) In the teacher's handwriting.
(c) In their own handwriting.
(d) At a professional printers,
4. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
5. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
(a) Four pence.
(b) One shilling.
(c) Ten pence.
(d) Seven pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
2. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
4. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
5. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)