|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in pristine condition.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were in fair condition.
(d) They were in tatters.
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 10:30 a.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
3. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
(a) Come, look, and.
(b) She, he, it.
(c) Come, see, but.
(d) Look, see, and.
4. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
5. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
2. When was the last time someone bought new things for Helen?
3. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
4. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
5. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)