|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Winnie the Pooh.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They read them together out loud.
(c) They practiced spelling them.
(d) They made sentences together with them.
3. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
(a) 84 pounds.
(b) 67 pounds.
(c) 95 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
(c) Substance abuse.
5. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
2. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
3. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
4. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
5. How old was Peter, the chairman of the school board?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)