|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in pristine condition.
(b) They were in tatters.
(c) They were in fair condition.
(d) They were lost.
2. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
3. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A traditional Maori home.
(b) A traditional Maori tunic.
(c) A Maori dance.
(d) A Maori funeral.
4. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(c) One hundred.
5. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
(a) The student.
(b) The parent.
(c) The professor.
(d) The artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
2. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
3. How did Ashton-Warner approach spelling after the students wrote new words on the blackboard?
4. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
5. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)