|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
(a) To the math room.
(b) Outside for games.
(c) To another room for history.
(d) To another room for science.
2. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
(a) Lo Tung.
3. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
(c) Peaceful readings.
4. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) In their own handwriting.
(b) In the teacher's handwriting.
(c) At a professional printers,
(d) On a school typewriter.
5. When was the last time someone bought new things for Helen?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was outlawed at the school?
2. How long did the spelling period last?
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
4. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
5. How long did the reading period last?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)