|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(c) Paper clips.
2. At what time did the students turn to the new words during the "intake period"?
(a) 11:30 a.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 10:30 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
3. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
4. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in pristine condition.
(b) They were in tatters.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were in fair condition.
5. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A Maori dance.
(b) A traditional Maori home.
(c) A traditional Maori tunic.
(d) A Maori funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
3. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
4. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
5. What superhero was included in the list of student words in "Organic Reading"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)