|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in pristine condition.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were in tatters.
(d) They were in fair condition.
2. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She wrote the books for her students.
(b) She asked the families to provide better books.
(c) The students wrote their own books.
(d) She used existing Maori texts.
3. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
4. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
(a) Four pence.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Seven pence.
(d) One shilling.
5. To what music did the children perform spontaneous, expressive dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
2. According to Ashton-Warner, what is the only answer to destructiveness?
3. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
4. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
5. How were the children's stories "produced"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)