|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the children's stories "produced"?
(a) At a professional printers,
(b) In the teacher's handwriting.
(c) On a school typewriter.
(d) In their own handwriting.
2. What was the most significant part of the students' shared reading?
(a) The teaching of grammar.
(b) The discussions.
(c) The teaching of spelling.
(d) The practice in reading aloud.
3. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) The students wrote their own books.
(b) She used existing Maori texts.
(c) She wrote the books for her students.
(d) She asked the families to provide better books.
4. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
5. On what day did it become clear that the inspectors would not be coming?
(d) The following Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
2. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
3. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
4. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
5. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)