|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the spelling period last?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
2. How much did Peter weigh?
(a) 16 stone.
(b) 14 stone.
(c) 18 stone.
(d) 15 stone.
3. What did Ashton-Warner call the "weakest" words in the language?
(a) Look, see, and.
(b) She, he, it.
(c) Come, look, and.
(d) Come, see, but.
4. What is a "tangi"?
(a) A Maori funeral.
(b) A traditional Maori home.
(c) A traditional Maori tunic.
(d) A Maori dance.
5. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
(b) Past perfect.
(d) Present subjunctive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
2. In the "game" in which children said what frightened them, what was Seven afraid of?
3. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
4. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
5. Which author stated that "words have souls"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)