|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(c) Paper clips.
2. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
3. When was the last time someone bought new things for Helen?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
4. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Winnie the Pooh.
5. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the chairs arranged for the reading and exchange period?
2. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
4. How were the children's stories "produced"?
5. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)