|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
(a) 95 pounds.
(b) 84 pounds.
(c) 67 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
2. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
(a) She used existing Maori texts.
(b) She wrote the books for her students.
(c) She asked the families to provide better books.
(d) The students wrote their own books.
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
(a) Too happy.
4. What color shirt did Ashton-Warner wear while facing bad situations?
5. Who referred to dance as the "one complete expression" of a human's many faculties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
2. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
3. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
4. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
5. How long did the spelling period last?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)