|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ashton-Warner describe the energy released during the spelling period in "The Mechanics of Teaching Organic Spelling"?
2. Which basketball player had a leg injury and could not play in the competition?
3. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were lost.
(b) They were in pristine condition.
(c) They were in fair condition.
(d) They were in tatters.
4. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
(d) White New Zealanders.
5. Which author stated that "words have souls"?
(a) de Maurier.
(d) de Maupassant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
2. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
3. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
4. How long did the reading period last?
5. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)