|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Ashton-Warner say few boys did not know how to spell?
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in ten thousand.
(b) One in a thousand.
(c) One in a hundred.
(d) One in five hundred.
3. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(d) One hundred.
4. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
(c) 1:00 to 2:00.
5. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
(d) Substance abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
2. How long did the spelling period last?
3. How much money had been lost in poker and beer by the parent of one student, in the section "Composition"?
4. What interesting word did Brian use to describe a bus in his story?
5. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)