|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
(a) One shilling.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Four pence.
(d) Seven pence.
2. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They read them together out loud.
(b) They added them to their stories.
(c) They made sentences together with them.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
3. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Read a story.
(b) Do a science experiment.
4. On what day did it become clear that the inspectors would not be coming?
(b) The following Monday.
5. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Peter, the chairman of the school board?
2. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
3. What teacher did Ashton-Warner describe as being on the "high mountain" at the beginning of "Workbook"?
4. What composer was Ashton-Warner playing when her students began doing expressive dancing?
5. Where did the smaller children sometimes go during the shared reading period?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)