|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They made sentences together with them.
(b) They added them to their stories.
(c) They read them together out loud.
(d) They practiced spelling them.
2. In what tense should verbs be when taught to beginning readers, according to Ashton-Warern?
(b) Present subjunctive.
(d) Past perfect.
3. From where, according to Ashton-Warner, did most New Zealand children develop a "mass mind"?
(a) White New Zealanders.
4. What did Ashton-Warner call the most "comely word" in the language?
5. What did the junior assistant or a senior pupil sometimes do with the younger students during shared reading?
(a) Read a story.
(d) Do a science experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did students enter Std., Form II in New Zealand?
2. Which student wrote about his father hitting his mother in her face in "Compositions"?
3. How did Ashton-Warner describe the vocabulary in most set early readers?
4. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
5. What composer was NOT mentioned among the list Ashton-Warner used in her classroom?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)