|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Erich Fromm, what is the outcome of the unlived life?
(d) Substance abuse.
2. How many students, according to the university professor quoted in "The Unlived Life," are capable of creative thought?
(a) One in five hundred.
(b) One in a thousand.
(c) One in a hundred.
(d) One in ten thousand.
3. How many fancy-dress costumes did Ashton-Warner own?
(a) One hundred.
4. What did Ashton-Warner keep on hand to repair the student books?
(a) Paper clips.
5. What did the students do with the new words put up on the blackboard each morning?
(a) They added them to their stories.
(b) They practiced spelling them.
(c) They read them together out loud.
(d) They made sentences together with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was outlawed at the school?
2. In the scene in which Ashton-Warner laments the family using school supply money for poker, how much did she say a pencil cost?
3. How old was Peter, the chairman of the school board?
4. At what time of the day was "paste paint" listed in Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
5. How long did the spelling period last?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)