|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life in a Maori School, 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what children's classic did Ashton-Warner refer when writing about books not read in her classroom?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Winnie the Pooh.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
2. What activity was NOT included under the 2:10-3 p.m. time slot under "Daily Rhythm"?
(a) Supplementary Reading.
(b) Standard Reading.
(c) Standard Vocabulary.
(d) Creative Writing.
3. What was the condition of the student-made books after several reading sessions?
(a) They were in fair condition.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were in tatters.
(d) They were in pristine condition.
4. What emotion/activity was NOT listed under the "Daily Rhythm" section of Ashton-Warner's daily schedule?
5. How many children were on Ashton-Warner's school basketball team?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the true school master, according to the quote from Caldwell Cook?
2. What was Ashton-Warner's response to the problems with the set early readers?
3. When was the last time someone bought new things for Helen?
4. Which student wrote about a father drinking all the beer at the party?
5. What is a "tangi"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)