|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which is defined as a "diverse set of signifiers which are likely to change from moment to moment"?
(a) Subculture style.
(b) Style of chaos and flux.
(c) Backwards style.
(d) Straightforward style.
2. To which philosopher does Hebdige compare his beliefs?
(a) Ibn Warraq.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Arnaldus de Villanova.
(d) Albric of London.
3. Chapter 4 speaks about the Glams and their ideal of which of the following?
4. Which of the following is considered a usual sociological factor?
5. Of the Reggae subculture, Hebdige says it has strong, cultural what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Punk subculture, when is commodification complete?
2. Which of the following does Hebdige say has been neglected?
3. What is one of the common objects of the dominant culture mentioned that takes on a new meaning when used by a subculture?
4. Hebdige says subcultures are designed to address what?
5. What period in history does Hebdige focus on?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)