|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a dance style associated with the Punk subculture?
(d) Break dancing.
2. The Rastafarian subculture says the "black sufferer" is placed where?
(b) Hong Kong.
3. According to Chapter 4, which of the following accurately describes the values of the Glams?
4. What purpose does Hebdige say mass culture serves to subcultures?
(b) Promote growth.
5. What type of "rebellion" does Hebdige say subcultures are?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hebdige define as "a systemic, material language in which objects can be combined in infinite ways to produce meaning"?
2. According to Hebdige, the mass culture mythologizes signification as a means of gaining which of the following?
3. Which objects do Punks use to promote who they are?
4. How does Hebdige define style?
5. What period in history does Hebdige focus on?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)