|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a dance style associated with the Punk subculture?
(a) Break dancing.
2. In the Punk subculture, when is commodification complete?
(a) When Punkers are able to recruit a large number to the subculture.
(b) It was complete just by the mere fact that the subculture was formed.
(c) When objects of style perfectly match the subculture's aesthetic.
(d) It will not be complete until the Punk subculture is dissolved.
3. The Glam subculture addresses what question?
(a) Race and weight.
(b) Age and social class.
(c) Gender and sexuality.
(d) Religion and politics.
4. According to Chapter 4, what does the black culture lose as it spreads into the world?
5. Which of the following describes a standard of the Glam subculture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following musical acts is known for occasionally adopting the Jamaican street style?
2. Punk's motivating music types came together through which of the following to create Punk?
3. Individuals who participate in subcultures invite which of the following into their lives?
4. Hebdige said punk was viewed by those not a part of the subculture as which of the following?
5. Hebdige presents what type(s) of studies to cast doubt on the assumption that the development of many youth cultures makes the British youth a single class unto themselves?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)