|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which philosopher does Hebdige compare his beliefs?
(a) Albric of London.
(b) Ibn Warraq.
(c) Arnaldus de Villanova.
(d) Karl Marx.
2. According to the Rastafarians, which of the following is considered a blessing?
3. Hebdige states, "the implication is that style, with its inherent subversion, can . . ." do what?
(a) "Persuade the subconsciousness of mass culture."
(b) "Influence the consciousness of mass culture."
(c) "Fight the consciousness of mass culture."
(d) "Influence the unconsciousness of mass culture."
4. Hebdige said punk was viewed by those not a part of the subculture as which of the following?
(a) Frankenstein's monster.
(d) The Lochness monster.
5. Which of the following was one of the first to embrace the Rastafarian style?
(a) White, upper class of Great Britain.
(b) All races in the working class of America.
(c) Black, working class of Great Britain.
(d) Black, upper class around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hebdige says that individuals understand ideology in which of the following ways?
2. When Hebdige talks about style, which of the following is true?
3. What music style developed as a result of the black immigration?
4. By their very nature, subcultures do what to the mass culture?
5. According to the Rastafarian interpretation of the Bible, where is God?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)