|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to understand punk, one must understand which of the following?
(a) The direction in which other subcultures are going.
(b) The direction in which it is going.
(c) The origins of other subcultures.
(d) Its origins.
2. Of the following, which is a common activity that affects social behavior?
(b) Playing sports.
3. Hebdige states, "the implication is that style, with its inherent subversion, can . . ." do what?
(a) "Influence the unconsciousness of mass culture."
(b) "Influence the consciousness of mass culture."
(c) "Persuade the subconsciousness of mass culture."
(d) "Fight the consciousness of mass culture."
4. How does Hebdige define style?
(a) The norm.
(b) A personal choice.
(c) A way of life.
(d) An aesthetic nonconformity.
5. Where did the parents of the Rastafarians migrate to?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Rastafarian interpretation of the Bible, where is God?
2. How does Hebdige define the purpose of style?
3. Which of the following do Rastafarians say is the strength behind their beliefs?
4. What music style developed as a result of the black immigration?
5. Which of the following is NOT a "common object" mentioned by Hebdige in the last paragraph of Chapter 1?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)