|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the parents of the Rastafarians from?
(c) West Indies.
2. When Hebdige talks about style, which of the following is true?
(a) Style challenges the subordinance of the subcultures.
(b) Style challenges the dominance of the majority culture.
(c) Style conforms to the dominance of the majority culture.
(d) Style conforms to the subordinance of the subcultures.
3. How does Hebdige relate style to the "myth of consensus"?
(a) It is to "overturn the 'myth of consensus' enjoyed by the mass culture."
(b) It is to "agree with the 'myth of consensus' enjoyed by the mass culture."
(c) It is to "overturn the 'myth of consensus' hated by the mass culture."
(d) It is to "overrun the 'myth of consensus' enjoyed by the mass culture."
4. When referring to the philosophies of others, Hebdige discusses which type of conflict?
5. Hebdige says that reggae is primarily inspired by which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a way that "powerless teenagers" can feel like they are "socially significant"?
2. Which place do Rastafarians believe is the "Promised Land"?
3. Of the following, which is a common activity that affects social behavior?
4. Chapter 2 begins by talking about the London heat wave of what year?
5. What type of "rebellion" does Hebdige say subcultures are?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)