|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hebdige says subcultures are designed to address what?
(a) Societal deficiencies.
(b) Cultural questions.
(c) Cultural quandaries.
(d) Societal taboos.
2. Hebdige says that white subcultures are a response to what?
(a) The black community.
(c) Their inherent desire to fight against the mass culture.
(d) Their own insecurities.
3. In order to understand punk, one must understand which of the following?
(a) The direction in which other subcultures are going.
(b) Its origins.
(c) The origins of other subcultures.
(d) The direction in which it is going.
4. The STYLE between the Teddy Boys of the 50's and 70's is which of the following?
(a) Started out the same but ended differently.
(c) Started out differently but ended the same.
5. Of the many subcultures, which two especially believe the idea that blacks represent the natural state of man?
(a) Mods and Glams.
(b) Skinheads and Punks.
(c) Hippies and 1950's Teddy Boys.
(d) Beats and Hipsters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how do the Teddy Boys feel about life?
2. What is the main thing Hebdige is trying to understand about subcultures?
3. Which of the following is a notion NOT associated with the Punk subculture?
4. Of the Reggae subculture, Hebdige says it has strong, cultural what?
5. According to Chapters 5, what do Punks absolutely NOT want to be associated with?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)