|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Hebdige describe the idea of subcultures?
(a) As a cultural nuisance.
(b) As cultural noise.
(c) As a cultural necessity.
(d) As a cultural no-no.
2. What types of alteration is Britain experiencing?
(a) Economical and spiritual.
(b) Physical and sociological.
(c) Physiological and sociological.
(d) Religious and emotional.
3. Which of the following musical acts is known for occasionally adopting the Jamaican street style?
(a) The Who.
(b) The Clash.
(c) The Ramones.
(d) David Bowie.
4. Which place do Rastafarians believe is the "Promised Land"?
5. After the migration of the Rastafarian parents, what musical style did they introduce to the world?
(a) R & B.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to migrating to a new place, what other contribution did the Rastafarian parents make to the world?
2. Hebdige says subcultures are designed to address what?
3. What period in history does Hebdige focus on?
4. According to Chapter 4, which of the following accurately describes the values of the Glams?
5. In terms of style, what does supply drive?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)