|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hitler's Run of Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Emperor of the Western Roman Empire during Belisarius's time?
2. Turkey's strategies are most similar to those of what military leader?
(a) Constable du Guesclin.
3. A "pincer movement" involves what kind of strategic maneuver?
(a) Widening one's own flank.
(b) Refusing one's own flank.
(c) Turning an enemy's flank.
(d) Driving up an enemy's flank.
4. During Caesar's wars, who was fighting for control of Egypt?
(a) Pompey and Anthony.
(b) Cleopatra and her brother.
(c) Pompey and Brutus.
(d) Cleopatra and Anthony.
5. Which of the following is true regarding Hitler's preparations and planning?
(a) He never made plans ahead of time.
(b) He made countless back-up and contingency plans.
(c) He never recorded his plans.
(d) He wrote and disclosed his plans far ahead of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the decisive battles of William of Normandy occur?
2. In World War II, what new branch of military technology provided enhanced mobility for soldiers?
3. What is one problem of relying upon locomotives in warfare?
4. According to the author, it is critically important to do what to every soldier in a military force?
5. What is a "wedge attack" intended to achieve?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)