|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusions from Twenty-Five Centuries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fabius was famous for what tactic?
(a) Guerilla warfare.
(b) Forestalling engagements until the proper time.
(c) Forcing the enemy to attack.
(d) Employing highly mobile light forces.
2. What type of new military technology is discussed in depth at the beginning of the book?
(b) Strategic bombers.
(c) Nuclear weapons.
(d) Chemical weapons.
3. What factor aided Napoleon in his ascent to become ruler of a united France?
(a) Strong economic growth.
(b) Rapid militarization.
(c) Unrest in occupied territories.
(d) Popular support for a new form of government.
4. What was unusual about the Wars of Spanish Succession?
(a) They took place outside of either nation's territory.
(b) They were never officially ended.
(c) They were technically carried out between civilian organizations.
(d) They were extremely short.
5. What disadvantage can the use of "picked troops" offset?
(a) Rough terrain.
(b) Lack of training.
(c) Inferior numbers.
(d) Enemy fortifications.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a widely-used tactic in William of Normandy's time?
2. During Constable du Geusclin's time, the English had what major technological advantage?
3. Who was Caesar's main opponent throughout most of his campaigns?
4. What caused the Romans to restructure their entire military starting in 378 AD?
5. What distinction does the author make during the discussion of the wars fought by Hannibal, Scipio and Caesar?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)