|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The French Revolution and Napolean Bonaparte.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Belisarius carry out his wars of reconquest?
(a) The eighth century AD.
(b) The first century BC.
(c) The first century AD.
(d) The fourth century AD.
2. How does the author define "Grand Strategy"?
(a) The organization of mass military forces.
(b) The broad strategic military movement of forces.
(c) The policies that govern or closely relate to Generalship.
(d) The attack and defense of large regions.
3. What two major elements of martial skill were combined successfully in Europe in the medieval era?
(a) Swordplay and horsemanship.
(b) Archery and horsemanship.
(c) Single combat and swordplay.
(d) Archery and close quarters combat.
4. What factor aided Napoleon in his ascent to become ruler of a united France?
(a) Popular support for a new form of government.
(b) Unrest in occupied territories.
(c) Rapid militarization.
(d) Strong economic growth.
5. What was the state of generalship during the British Civil Wars?
(a) Generals were unskilled politicians.
(b) Generals were skilled and evenly matched.
(c) British generals far outmatched those of other forces.
(d) The skills of generals on all sides varied widely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true regarding decisive victories?
2. During the British Civil Wars, what were the prospects for sweeping victories and conquests?
3. In what area of generalship did Belisarius excel?
4. Constable du Geusclin always avoided attacking which of the following?
5. How were the Greeks able to fend off the Persian's first war against them?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)