|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice, 5 short answer, and 0 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What did the character Bazarov represent?
a) Destructive criticism and nihilism.
b) The coming Russian Revolution.
c) Anarchy and violence.
d) The traditional aristocrat.
2. What had been the outcome of the European states' revolution?
a) The Thirty-Years' War.
b) Napoleonic wars.
c) A new era of peace.
d) The revolution failed.
3. What movement was responsible for bringing politics into literature in mid-nineteenth-century Russian literature?
a) Romantic philosophy.
c) Land reform.
4. How did Tolstoy understand the concept of truth?
a) Truth was relative.
b) Truth was eternal.
c) Truth was defined by the church and government.
d) Truth was rooted in contingent experience.
5. What was de Maistre's position?
This section contains 881 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)