|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Remarkable Decade: Vissarion Belinsky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship between literature and politics in mid-nineteenth century Russia?
(a) Politics followed road maps laid out in literature.
(b) Literature prophesied political developments.
(c) Literature reacted to political events.
(d) Politics was transposed onto literature.
2. How do Tolstoy and de Maistre's views differ?
(a) de Maistre was a Catholic reactionary.
(b) de Maistre was a conspirator against the Tsar.
(c) Tolstoy was a humanist.
(d) Tolstoy was an aristocrat.
3. What was Belinsky like in a debate?
(b) Frigidly rational.
(c) Bombastic and offensive.
4. When did Vissarion Belinsky die?
5. Where was Belinsky born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tolstoy's relationship with Joseph de Maistre?
2. Why was Belinsky expelled from university?
3. What student of Stankevich's lectured on Western medieval history in Moscow?
4. What was Hegel's appeal to Russian students?
5. Whom did Belinsky identify as the father of Russian literature?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)