|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Russian Populism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Russian word "obshcnina" mean?
(a) Inherited customs.
(b) Peasant communes.
(c) Aristocratic privileges.
(d) Russian territories.
2. How did Herzen and Bakunin express the value they shared?
(a) In proselytizing for the church.
(b) In conspiring against the government.
(c) In their writing and activism.
(d) In censoring anti-religious writing.
3. Who was the most important leader among the Russian Populists?
4. What allowed the leader of the Populists to lead?
(a) He was born to an aristocratic father and a poor mother, so he understood both worlds.
(b) He was born in Europe, so he could see Russian culture without bias.
(c) He was born to a parish priest, so he understood poor people's concerns.
(d) He was born after the period of repression, so he experienced a full spectrum of Russian literature and life.
5. What value did Herzen and Bakunin share?
(a) Individual liberty.
(b) Church power.
(c) Spiritual experience.
(d) State power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Berlin describe Herzen's importance?
2. What value came first for Herzen?
3. How does Berlin describe Herzen's prose style?
4. What forces dominated Herzen's world?
5. How does Berlin describe Bakunin?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)