|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Russian Populism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most important leader among the Russian Populists?
2. What sentiment ultimately moved the Populists?
(a) Revulsion from capitalism.
(b) Longing for political stability.
(c) Lust for power.
(d) Idealistic hope for social justice.
3. What does the Russian word "obshcnina" mean?
(a) Peasant communes.
(b) Aristocratic privileges.
(c) Russian territories.
(d) Inherited customs.
4. What value came first for Herzen?
(b) Social justice.
(c) Human dignity.
(d) Equality of the sexes.
5. Which two thinkers influenced the Russian populists?
(a) Kant and Hume.
(b) Fourier and Mill.
(c) Locke and Rousseau.
(d) Darwin and Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Russian Populism begin to decline?
2. What was the intellectual's role in the Populists' view?
3. Which thinker affected Herzen?
4. What was Hegel's appeal to Russian students?
5. What model did populists see as the basis for reform?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)