|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Russian Populism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advocated Russian Populism?
(a) The Moscow Reform Party.
(b) The Petersburg Literary Coterie.
(c) The Second of April Committee.
(d) A widespread group of radicals.
2. What was Hegel's appeal to Russian students?
(a) His quasi-religious philosophy gave atheistic students something they could believe in.
(b) His theory of history seemed to predict Russian nationalism.
(c) His idealism seemed like an escape from the squalor of Russia.
(d) His world spirit seemed to prophesy the Russian Revolution.
3. What movement was responsible for bringing politics into literature in mid-nineteenth-century Russian literature?
(a) Land reform.
(b) Romantic philosophy.
4. What model did populists see as the basis for reform?
(a) Native-American tribes.
(b) Peasant communes.
(c) Aristocratic fiefdoms.
(d) European nation-states.
5. Whose work did Bakunin expound paragraph by paragraph?
Short Answer Questions
1. What allowed the leader of the Populists to lead?
2. Who was Mikhail Bakunin's mentor?
3. What does the Russian word "Mir" mean?
4. What was the dominant philosophical movement of the second quarter of the nineteenth century in Russia?
5. What did Herzen predict in "From the Other Shore"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)