|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
2. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
3. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
4. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
5. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
2. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
3. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
4. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
5. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
6. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
7. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
8. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
9. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
10. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Torey become obsessed about little things in regards to Sheila? Do you think she is able to let go of the obsessions appropriately? Why or why not?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)