|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
2. What does the epilogue consist of?
3. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
4. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
5. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
2. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
3. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
4. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
5. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
6. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
7. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
8. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
9. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
10. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 3
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)