|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
2. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
3. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
4. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
5. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
2. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
3. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
4. What is the epilogue composed of?
5. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
6. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
7. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
8. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
9. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
10. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the relationship between Torey and Sheila fragile? In what ways is it strong? Does it seem to get stronger throughout the book or does it depend on the situation? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Mr. Collins reinforce Sheila's belief that adults are mean people who cannot be trusted? In what ways does he work to change that belief?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)