|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
2. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
3. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
4. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
5. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
2. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
3. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
4. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
5. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
6. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
7. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
8. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
9. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
10. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the character Whitney surprise you as the reader? What contradictions can be found in that character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, in detail, Sheila's home life. What impressions do you have about her father? What gives you these impressions? Do you believe he cares about his daughter? Why or why not?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)