|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
2. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
3. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
4. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
5. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
2. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
3. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
4. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
5. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
6. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
7. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
8. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
9. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
10. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the relationship between Torey and Sheila fragile? In what ways is it strong? Does it seem to get stronger throughout the book or does it depend on the situation? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Sheila's level of intelligence seem to make her situation seem more horrible? Do you agree with that evaluation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)