|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
2. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
3. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
4. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
5. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
2. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
3. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
4. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
5. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
6. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
7. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
8. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
9. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
10. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are compassion and patience the underlying themes in this book? Do you believe in these themes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did the character Whitney surprise you as the reader? What contradictions can be found in that character?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)