|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
2. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
3. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
4. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
5. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
2. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
3. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
4. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
5. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
6. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
7. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
8. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
9. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
10. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the relationship between Torey and Sheila fragile? In what ways is it strong? Does it seem to get stronger throughout the book or does it depend on the situation? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Torey become obsessed about little things in regards to Sheila? Do you think she is able to let go of the obsessions appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)