|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
2. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
3. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
4. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
5. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
2. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
3. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
4. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
5. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
6. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
7. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
8. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
9. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
10. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)