|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
2. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
3. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
4. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
5. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
2. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
3. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
4. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
5. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
6. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
7. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
8. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
9. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
10. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, in detail, Sheila's home life. What impressions do you have about her father? What gives you these impressions? Do you believe he cares about his daughter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Mr. Collins reinforce Sheila's belief that adults are mean people who cannot be trusted? In what ways does he work to change that belief?
Essay Topic 3
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)