|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila keep near her at all times?
2. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
3. When does Sheila return to school?
4. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
5. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
2. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
3. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
4. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
5. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
6. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
7. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
8. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
9. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
10. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)