|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
2. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
3. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
4. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
5. What does the epilogue consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
2. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
3. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
4. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
5. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
6. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
7. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
8. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
9. What is the epilogue composed of?
10. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Sheila's level of intelligence seem to make her situation seem more horrible? Do you agree with that evaluation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is the relationship between Torey and Sheila fragile? In what ways is it strong? Does it seem to get stronger throughout the book or does it depend on the situation? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)