|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
2. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
3. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
4. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
5. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
2. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
3. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
4. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
5. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
6. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
7. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
8. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
9. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
10. What is the epilogue composed of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Torey implement the idea of reverse psychology to help improve Sheila's behavior? Do you believe this was an effective teaching tool? Why or why not?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)