|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
2. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
3. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
4. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
5. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
2. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
3. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
4. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
5. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
6. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
7. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
8. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
9. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
10. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)