|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
2. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
3. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
4. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
5. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
2. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
3. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
4. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
5. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
6. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
7. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
8. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
9. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
10. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)