|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
2. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
3. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
4. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
5. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
2. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
3. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
4. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
5. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
6. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
7. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
8. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
9. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
10. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Mr. Collins reinforce Sheila's belief that adults are mean people who cannot be trusted? In what ways does he work to change that belief?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)