|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
2. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
3. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
4. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
5. What makes Sheila change her mind about going to the new school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)