|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
2. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
3. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
4. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
5. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
2. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
3. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
4. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
5. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
6. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
7. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
8. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
9. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
10. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Sheila's level of intelligence seem to make her situation seem more horrible? Do you agree with that evaluation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)