|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
2. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
3. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
4. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
5. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
2. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
3. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
4. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
5. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
6. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
7. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
8. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
9. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
10. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Sheila should have been placed in foster care? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)