|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the epilogue consist of?
2. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
3. What news does Torey learn about her class?
4. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
5. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
2. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
3. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
4. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
5. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
6. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
7. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
8. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
9. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
10. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, in detail, Sheila's home life. What impressions do you have about her father? What gives you these impressions? Do you believe he cares about his daughter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)