|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
2. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
3. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
4. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
5. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
2. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
3. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
4. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
5. What is the epilogue composed of?
6. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
7. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
8. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
9. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
10. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)