|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
2. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
3. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
4. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
5. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
2. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
3. What is the epilogue composed of?
4. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
5. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
6. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
7. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
8. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
9. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
10. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)