|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
2. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
3. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
4. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
5. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
2. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
3. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
4. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
5. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
6. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
7. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
8. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
9. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
10. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the abandonment by Sheila's mother effect her? Do you believe Sheila appropriately interrupted her mother's leaving? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)