|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
2. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
3. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
4. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
5. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
Essay Topic 1
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Torey become obsessed about little things in regards to Sheila? Do you think she is able to let go of the obsessions appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)