|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
2. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
3. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
4. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
5. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are compassion and patience the underlying themes in this book? Do you believe in these themes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)