|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
2. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
3. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
4. What does the epilogue consist of?
5. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
2. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
3. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
4. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
5. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
6. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
7. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
8. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
9. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
10. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the abandonment by Sheila's mother effect her? Do you believe Sheila appropriately interrupted her mother's leaving? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are compassion and patience the underlying themes in this book? Do you believe in these themes? Why or why not?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)