|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
2. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
3. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
4. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
5. When does Sheila return to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
2. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
3. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
4. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
5. What is the epilogue composed of?
6. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
7. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
8. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
9. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
10. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Sheila should have been placed in foster care? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)