|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila do with the notes from the Kobold that Torey gives her?
2. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
3. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
4. Why does Sheila refuse to accept the gift that Torey gives to her?
5. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
2. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
3. What does Torey say about her work?
4. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
5. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
6. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
7. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
8. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
9. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
10. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Sheila is overly worried about being wrong? What facets of her life play into this fear? Do you think her fear is justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Sheila's level of intelligence seem to make her situation seem more horrible? Do you agree with that evaluation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the relationship between Torey and Sheila fragile? In what ways is it strong? Does it seem to get stronger throughout the book or does it depend on the situation? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)