|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
2. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
3. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
4. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
5. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
2. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
3. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
4. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
5. What does Torey read in the article from the newspaper and what does this lead her to predict?
6. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
7. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
8. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
9. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
10. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Torey become obsessed about little things in regards to Sheila? Do you think she is able to let go of the obsessions appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Sheila respond to learning social skills through reading? Do you think this was an appropriate teaching tool? Why or why not?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)