|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey?
2. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
3. How does Torey describe Anton?
4. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
5. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
2. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
3. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
4. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
5. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
6. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
7. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
8. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
9. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
10. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Sheila is overly worried about being wrong? What facets of her life play into this fear? Do you think her fear is justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sheila's level of intelligence seem to make her situation seem more horrible? Do you agree with that evaluation? Why or why not?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)