|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
2. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
3. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
4. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
5. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
2. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
3. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
4. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
5. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
6. What does Torey say about her work?
7. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
8. In what way does Ed Somers temporarily assuage the situation between Mr. Collins and Torey?
9. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
10. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the character Whitney surprise you as the reader? What contradictions can be found in that character?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)