|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
2. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
3. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
4. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
5. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey say about her work?
2. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
3. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
4. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
5. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
6. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
7. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
8. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
9. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
10. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Sheila is overly worried about being wrong? What facets of her life play into this fear? Do you think her fear is justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sheila's level of intelligence seem to make her situation seem more horrible? Do you agree with that evaluation? Why or why not?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)