|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
2. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
3. Who does Chad suggest Torey contact?
4. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
5. Which of the following seems to be an accurate description of Sheila in chapter six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
2. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
3. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
4. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
5. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
6. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
7. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
8. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
9. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
10. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Mr. Collins reinforce Sheila's belief that adults are mean people who cannot be trusted? In what ways does he work to change that belief?
Essay Topic 3
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)