|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
2. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
3. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
4. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
5. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
2. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
3. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
4. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
5. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
6. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
7. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
8. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
9. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
10. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Sheila is overly worried about being wrong? What facets of her life play into this fear? Do you think her fear is justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did the character Whitney surprise you as the reader? What contradictions can be found in that character?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)