|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
2. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
3. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
4. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
5. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
2. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
3. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
4. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
5. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
6. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
7. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
8. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
9. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
10. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the character Whitney surprise you as the reader? What contradictions can be found in that character?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Torey become obsessed about little things in regards to Sheila? Do you think she is able to let go of the obsessions appropriately? Why or why not?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)