|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
2. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
3. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
4. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
5. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
2. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
3. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
4. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
5. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
6. What does Torey say about her work?
7. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
8. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
9. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
10. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Torey implement the idea of reverse psychology to help improve Sheila's behavior? Do you believe this was an effective teaching tool? Why or why not?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)