|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila say as she leaves Torey at the end of chapter six?
2. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
3. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
4. What does Torey try to do once all of the children are gone?
5. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
2. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
3. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
4. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
5. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
6. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
7. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
8. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
9. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
10. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are compassion and patience the underlying themes in this book? Do you believe in these themes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character Mr. Collins change throughout the novel? Do you think he has any regrets about his early behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)