|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
2. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
3. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
4. Shelia seems to be realizing that Torey is someone that she can what?
5. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
2. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
3. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
4. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
5. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
6. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
7. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
8. How does Torey start each morning and what happens during this time?
9. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
10. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Sheila is overly worried about being wrong? What facets of her life play into this fear? Do you think her fear is justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)