|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
2. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
3. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
4. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
5. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
2. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
3. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
4. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
5. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
6. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
7. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
8. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
9. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
10. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)