Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
2. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
3. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
4. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
5. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
2. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
3. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
4. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
5. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
6. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
7. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
8. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
9. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
10. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
Essay Topic 1
Torey writes that many of her colleagues consider her class to be the garbage class. Why might they call the class this? Is this a fair judgment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the character Whitney surprise you as the reader? What contradictions can be found in that character?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)