|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sheila refuse to accept the gift that Torey gives to her?
2. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
3. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
4. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
5. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
2. What happens when Torey computes Shelia's score and what does this mean?
3. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
4. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
5. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
6. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
7. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
8. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
9. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
10. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Torey implement the idea of reverse psychology to help improve Sheila's behavior? Do you believe this was an effective teaching tool? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Sheila is overly worried about being wrong? What facets of her life play into this fear? Do you think her fear is justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)