|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
2. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
3. Where does Torey get some clothes for Sheila?
4. What does Torey want to test in regards to Sheila?
5. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
2. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
3. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
4. What does Torey say about her work?
5. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
6. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
7. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
8. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
9. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
10. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, in detail, Sheila's home life. What impressions do you have about her father? What gives you these impressions? Do you believe he cares about his daughter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are compassion and patience the underlying themes in this book? Do you believe in these themes? Why or why not?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)