|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
2. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
3. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
4. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
5. Why does Mr. Collins paddle Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
2. What does Torey read in the article from the newspaper and what does this lead her to predict?
3. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
4. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
5. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
6. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
7. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
8. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
9. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
10. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Sheila should have been placed in foster care? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sheila seem to be competitive? Do you think this is a positive or negative trait in her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)