|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
2. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
3. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
4. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
5. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
2. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
3. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
4. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
5. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
6. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
7. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
8. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
9. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
10. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Sheila is overly worried about being wrong? What facets of her life play into this fear? Do you think her fear is justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Torey become obsessed about little things in regards to Sheila? Do you think she is able to let go of the obsessions appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)