|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
2. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
3. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
4. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
5. What does Sheila say as she leaves Torey at the end of chapter six?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
2. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
3. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
4. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
5. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
6. What does Torey say about her work?
7. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
8. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
9. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
10. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Sheila like a typical girl of her age? In what ways does she seem older? In what ways does she seem younger?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Sheila poked the eyes out of the fish? How do you think the other children felt at this point? Do you believe Torey handled the situation appropriately? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Sheila's arrival like starting from the beginning of the school year again for Torey? In what ways was Torey unprepared for Sheila? In what ways was she prepared? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)