|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
2. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
3. What does Sheila ask Torey?
4. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
5. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
2. What happens when Torey computes Shelia's score and what does this mean?
3. What is the epilogue composed of?
4. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
5. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
6. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
7. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
8. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
9. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
10. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
Essay Topic 1
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are compassion and patience the underlying themes in this book? Do you believe in these themes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Torey become obsessed about little things in regards to Sheila? Do you think she is able to let go of the obsessions appropriately? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)