|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
3. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
5. Why does Mr. Collins paddle Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
2. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
3. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
4. What is the epilogue composed of?
5. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
6. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
7. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
8. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
9. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
10. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the character Whitney surprise you as the reader? What contradictions can be found in that character?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Torey implement the idea of reverse psychology to help improve Sheila's behavior? Do you believe this was an effective teaching tool? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Sheila should have been placed in foster care? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)