|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
2. What does Sheila's father tell Torey about Sheila?
3. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
4. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
5. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
2. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
3. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
4. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
5. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
6. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
7. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
8. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
9. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
10. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the reader's hope for Sheila changes throughout the book. At what point is it at the highest level? At what point is it at the lowest level.
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Mr. Collins reinforce Sheila's belief that adults are mean people who cannot be trusted? In what ways does he work to change that belief?
Essay Topic 3
Make an evaluation of the possibility that Sheila will be able to be a successful adult? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)