|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
(b) Mr. Collins.
2. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) They put her in a crib.
(b) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(c) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(d) They left her alone and unsupervised.
3. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
(a) The children destroy it during playtime.
(b) It melts because the freezer broke.
(c) It was taken by the fifth grade class by mistake.
(d) Whitney drops it and it is ruined.
4. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(b) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
(c) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
(d) She wants to run away and find her mother.
5. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(b) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(c) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
(d) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Torey learn about her class?
2. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
3. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
4. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
5. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
2. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
3. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
4. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
5. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
6. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
7. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
8. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
9. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
10. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)