|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
(a) Because Freddie is afraid of Sheila.
(b) Because Freddie has been coming home vomiting.
(c) Because Freddie is not making appropriate progress.
(d) Because Sheila has been hurting Freddie.
2. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
(a) She would have to leave her class and Chad.
(b) She will be unable to work with kids.
(c) She will miss the students.
(d) She thinks it may be too much work for her.
3. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
(a) Her father got a new job.
(b) Her roof collapsed from the weight of the snow.
(c) She made a new friend during the snowstorm.
(d) Her uncle is out of jail and staying with them.
4. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Go out for pizza.
(b) Go for ice cream.
(c) Give the family money for food and clothes.
(d) Buy Sheila a dress.
5. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(b) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
(c) She says that Torey lied to her.
(d) She tells her that she hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sheila return to school?
2. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
3. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
4. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
5. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
2. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
3. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
4. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
5. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
6. What is the epilogue composed of?
7. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
8. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
9. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
10. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)