|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
(b) Mr. Collins.
2. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Scolds her.
(d) Holds her.
3. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
4. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That she will return from her conference.
(b) That she loves them all.
(c) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
(d) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
5. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
(c) Sun suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
2. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
3. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
4. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
5. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
2. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
3. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
4. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
5. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
6. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
7. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
8. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
9. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
10. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)