|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
(a) He has a drinking problem.
(b) He is sorry about what happened to Sheila.
(c) That Torey is the best thing that ever happened to Sheila.
(d) He needs help caring for Sheila.
2. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
(a) That she had never burned the boy.
(b) That Torey and Chad were her parents.
(c) That her father had come with her.
(d) That she could have a dress.
3. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
(b) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
(c) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
(d) So she could hide behind it.
4. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
(a) She wants to know why Torey didn't tell her privately.
(b) She wants to stay home during the time that Torey is going to be gone.
(c) She wants to go with Torey.
(d) She wants to know when Torey will be back.
5. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
2. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
3. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
4. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
5. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
2. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
3. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
4. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
5. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
6. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
7. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
8. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
9. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
10. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)