|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
(a) Because Freddie has been coming home vomiting.
(b) Because Freddie is afraid of Sheila.
(c) Because Freddie is not making appropriate progress.
(d) Because Sheila has been hurting Freddie.
2. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Give the family money for food and clothes.
(b) Buy Sheila a dress.
(c) Go for ice cream.
(d) Go out for pizza.
3. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
(a) Have free time.
(b) Help pick up the cake.
(c) Have a dish of ice cream.
(d) Come and sing to her.
4. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
(a) Things that should have been done.
(b) What she will do next year.
(c) How to say goodbye to her students.
(d) How she will break the news to Chad that she is leaving.
5. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That Torey not read it until later.
(b) That it be put on display.
(c) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(d) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
2. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
3. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
4. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
5. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
2. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
3. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
4. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
5. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
6. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
7. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
8. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
9. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
10. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)