|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That she will return from her conference.
(b) That she loves them all.
(c) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
(d) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
2. What is the writing in the epilogue an indicator of?
(a) That Sheila is making good progress.
(b) That Sheila will be okay.
(c) That Sheila and Torey keep in touch.
(d) That Sheila and Torey remain friends.
3. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
(a) Things that should have been done.
(b) What she will do next year.
(c) How to say goodbye to her students.
(d) How she will break the news to Chad that she is leaving.
4. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She says that Torey lied to her.
(b) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(c) She tells her that she hates her.
(d) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
5. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
(a) He becomes enraged.
(b) He pulls strings to have her uncle arrested.
(c) He wants to punch her father for allowing it to happen.
(d) He cries uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
2. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
3. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
4. When does Sheila return to school?
5. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
2. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
3. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
4. What is the epilogue composed of?
5. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
6. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
7. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
8. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
9. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
10. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)