|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That it be put on display.
(b) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
(c) That Torey not read it until later.
(d) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
2. Why does Torey put off telling Sheila what will happen next year?
(a) She doesn't know how to tell her.
(b) She is afraid of how Sheila will react.
(c) She isn't allowed to tell Sheila.
(d) She doesn't want to say goodbye.
3. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
(b) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
(c) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(d) She learns that it will be moved.
4. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
(a) A fifth grade reading assignment.
(b) A fifth grade math test.
(c) A fourth grade math test.
(d) A fourth grade reading assignment.
5. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
(a) Holds her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Scolds her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
2. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
3. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
4. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
5. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
2. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
3. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
4. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
5. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
6. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
7. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
8. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
9. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
10. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)