|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
(a) She is getting attention and three meals a day.
(b) She is making academic progress.
(c) She is learning to improve socially.
(d) Others are now more involved in her case.
2. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) Author summary and biography.
(b) A log of the events that happened in the story.
(c) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(d) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
3. Why doesn't Sheila's father visit her in the hospital?
(a) He has a phobia of hospitals.
(b) He is always drunk.
(c) He was arrested for neglect.
(d) He is not allowed to visit her.
4. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Write a story about Sheila.
5. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
(a) Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
2. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
3. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
4. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
5. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
2. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
3. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
4. What is the epilogue composed of?
5. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
6. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
7. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
8. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
9. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
10. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)