|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Write a story about Sheila.
(b) Play checkers.
2. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(b) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(c) They put her in a crib.
(d) They left her alone and unsupervised.
3. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
4. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(b) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
(c) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
(d) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
5. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
(a) She runs to put it on.
(b) She tears it into shreads.
(c) She asks him to be her father.
(d) She breaks down and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
2. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
3. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
4. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
5. Why does Ed have reservations about Torey's plan for Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
2. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
3. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
4. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
5. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
6. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
7. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
8. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
9. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
10. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)