|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
(a) She goes after the other kids trying to hurt them.
(b) She becomes enraged and bangs her head on the floor.
(c) She dumps Torey's desk and smashes items into the floor.
(d) She destroys all of the papers in the room.
2. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
(b) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
(c) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(d) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
3. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
(a) Go for ice cream.
(b) Go out for pizza.
(c) Buy Sheila a dress.
(d) Give the family money for food and clothes.
4. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She speaks only in the present tense.
(b) She doesn't use any articles.
(c) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(d) She refuses to use linking verbs.
5. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(b) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(c) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(d) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
2. Which of Torey's students is moving away?
3. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
4. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
5. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
2. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
3. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
4. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
5. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
6. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
7. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
8. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
9. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
10. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)