|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
(a) Proposal in sign language.
(b) Special end of the year celebration.
(c) Father's day program.
(d) Mother's Day program.
2. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
(a) He is sorry about what happened to Sheila.
(b) That Torey is the best thing that ever happened to Sheila.
(c) He has a drinking problem.
(d) He needs help caring for Sheila.
3. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
(a) She tells Whitney she can no longer come back to the room.
(b) She becomes upset and berates Whitney.
(c) She is mortified and embarrassed.
(d) She blames Torey for exposing her daughter to such children.
4. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
(a) She is getting attention and three meals a day.
(b) She is making academic progress.
(c) She is learning to improve socially.
(d) Others are now more involved in her case.
5. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She speaks only in the present tense.
(b) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(c) She refuses to use linking verbs.
(d) She doesn't use any articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
2. What news does Torey learn about her class?
3. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
4. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
5. What does Sheila ask Torey before she leaves her in the nurses office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
2. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
3. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
4. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
5. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
6. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
7. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
8. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
9. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
10. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)