|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
(a) To take on her case to keep her out of the state hospital.
(b) To talk to Ed on Sheila's behalf.
(c) To talk to her father about the constant beatings.
(d) To come into the classroom and meet Sheila.
2. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
3. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That she loves them all.
(b) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
(c) That she will return from her conference.
(d) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
4. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
(a) She has gotten the news that Sheila will move on to another class.
(b) She is concerned that she will be gone for two days to a conference.
(c) She is injured and will be missing a lot of work.
(d) She has to switch her classroom to another building.
5. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
(b) So she could hide behind it.
(c) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
(d) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
2. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
3. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
4. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
5. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
2. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
3. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
4. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
5. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
6. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
7. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
8. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
9. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
10. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)