|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
(a) She is concerned that she will be gone for two days to a conference.
(b) She has gotten the news that Sheila will move on to another class.
(c) She has to switch her classroom to another building.
(d) She is injured and will be missing a lot of work.
2. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
(a) Her father got a new job.
(b) Her uncle is out of jail and staying with them.
(c) She made a new friend during the snowstorm.
(d) Her roof collapsed from the weight of the snow.
3. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
(b) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(c) Torey's absence from school.
(d) Her uncle living with them.
4. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
5. What does Sheila say to Torey that she wishes?
(a) That she had never burned the boy.
(b) That her father had come with her.
(c) That Torey and Chad were her parents.
(d) That she could have a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey tell Sheila makes her a good little girl?
2. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
3. What does Torey do to Sheila after she comes back to the classroom after destroying the things in the regular classroom?
4. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
5. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
2. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
3. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
4. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
5. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
6. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
7. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
8. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
9. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
10. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)