|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
(a) Anything Torey wants.
(b) Something secret about herself.
(c) A long story about her teacher.
(d) What happened in her past.
2. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(b) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
(c) She wants to run away and find her mother.
(d) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
3. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
(a) He wants to punch her father for allowing it to happen.
(b) He becomes enraged.
(c) He pulls strings to have her uncle arrested.
(d) He cries uncontrollably.
4. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
(b) She tells her that she hates her.
(c) She says that Torey lied to her.
(d) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
5. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(b) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
(c) Torey's absence from school.
(d) Her uncle living with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
2. What does the epilogue consist of?
3. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
4. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
5. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
2. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
3. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
4. What is the epilogue composed of?
5. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
6. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
7. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
8. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
9. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
10. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)