|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey ask Chad to do in regards to Sheila?
(a) To talk to Ed on Sheila's behalf.
(b) To talk to her father about the constant beatings.
(c) To come into the classroom and meet Sheila.
(d) To take on her case to keep her out of the state hospital.
2. In what month does Ed reveal that there is room in the state hospital for Sheila?
3. Why is Torey almost glad for Sheila's hospitalization?
(a) She is learning to improve socially.
(b) She is making academic progress.
(c) She is getting attention and three meals a day.
(d) Others are now more involved in her case.
4. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
(b) She wants to run away and find her mother.
(c) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
(d) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
5. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
(a) Painted it.
(b) Stored it in her desk.
(c) Threw it out.
(d) Fed it to Freddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
2. What happened to the ice cream that Torey brought for the class?
3. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
4. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
5. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
2. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
3. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
4. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
5. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
6. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
7. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
8. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
9. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
10. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)