|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter need to go to a special classroom instead of a regular room?
(a) Lack of appropriate social skills.
(b) Violent tendencies.
(d) Low academic skills.
2. What does Torey tell the children they can do if they can behave?
(a) Come and sing to her.
(b) Have a dish of ice cream.
(c) Have free time.
(d) Help pick up the cake.
3. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
(b) So she could hide behind it.
(c) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
(d) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
4. What genre of writing is found in the epilogue?
5. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She speaks only in the present tense.
(b) She refuses to use linking verbs.
(c) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(d) She doesn't use any articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
2. What news does Sheila share with the class after they return to school after the April snowstorm?
3. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
4. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
5. What two things does Torey suspect are linked for Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
2. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
3. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
4. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
5. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
6. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
7. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
8. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
9. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
10. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)