|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That she will return from her conference.
(b) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
(c) That she loves them all.
(d) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
2. What news does Torey learn about her class?
(a) She learns that she will have to keep it with no aides.
(b) She learns that it will be moved.
(c) She learns that it will be disbanded at the end of the year.
(d) She learns that she will not be able to teach it any longer.
3. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Write a story about Sheila.
(b) Play checkers.
4. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
(a) Her uncle living with them.
(b) Torey and Chad becoming her parents.
(c) Her trial day and eating dinner out.
(d) Torey's absence from school.
5. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
(a) She does not like to help with cooking class.
(b) She enjoys taking the kids on field trips.
(c) She likes to play practical jokes.
(d) She is afraid of Anton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Whitney's mother react to the situation about the rabbit waste?
2. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
3. What does Torey decide to do for her final big project for the school year?
4. What is Torey worrying about with only three weeks of school left?
5. What has Torey given up in regards to Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
2. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
3. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
4. Why does Torey ignore Sheila for the rest of the day?
5. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
6. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
7. What information does Torey learn about the class while Sheila is in the hospital?
8. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
9. What is the epilogue composed of?
10. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)