|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) To say thank you to Torey.
(b) To show the reader the progress Sheila made.
(c) To provide the reader more insight into Sheila.
(d) To end the book on a positive and upbeat note.
2. What surprises Torey about Sheila's hospital stay?
(a) The doctor's were unable to help her.
(b) They put her in a crib.
(c) They will not allow her to have any visitors.
(d) They left her alone and unsupervised.
3. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
(a) Because Freddie has been coming home vomiting.
(b) Because Freddie is not making appropriate progress.
(c) Because Sheila has been hurting Freddie.
(d) Because Freddie is afraid of Sheila.
4. After the program, what does Torey see Sheila's father do for the first time?
(a) Say he is proud of Sheila.
(b) Touch Sheila.
(c) Smile at Sheila.
(d) Thank Torey for her help with Sheila.
5. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
(a) He no longer wants Sheila.
(b) He is not a legal guardian.
(c) He brings the uncle with him.
(d) He is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
2. What does Chad suggest they do to celebrate the win of Sheila's court case?
3. What does Sheila's father buy her for the first time?
4. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
5. What is the title of the writing in the epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
2. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
3. What is the epilogue composed of?
4. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
5. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
6. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
7. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
8. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
9. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
10. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)