|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the writing in the epilogue?
(a) To end the book on a positive and upbeat note.
(b) To provide the reader more insight into Sheila.
(c) To say thank you to Torey.
(d) To show the reader the progress Sheila made.
2. Which of the following is the best description of what an epilogue is?
(a) A log of the events that happened in the story.
(b) Short part at the end of the book detailing the fate of the characters.
(c) Short part at the beginning of the book detailing the characters.
(d) Author summary and biography.
3. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
(a) She wants to go with Torey.
(b) She wants to know when Torey will be back.
(c) She wants to stay home during the time that Torey is going to be gone.
(d) She wants to know why Torey didn't tell her privately.
4. What do Chad and Sheila do together?
(a) Write a story about Sheila.
(c) Play checkers.
5. What does Sheila insist about her writing?
(a) That no one but Torey look at the writing.
(b) That Torey not read it until later.
(c) That it be destroyed right after it is finished.
(d) That it be put on display.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey to do?
2. What does Sheila's father ask Torey to do?
3. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
4. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
5. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What in this chapter is an example of the progress Sheila has made socially?
2. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
3. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
4. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
5. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
6. What does Torey use discussion time to do with the class in chapter twelve?
7. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
8. What present does Sheila give to Torey for her birthday?
9. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
10. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)