|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(a) Frustrating and sad.
(d) Awe inspiring.
2. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because the child needs Torey.
(b) Because this child is a special case.
(c) Because only Torey can handle this student.
(d) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
3. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
(a) Social worker.
(c) Her father.
4. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her foster family.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What does Torey think is the next important area to work on with Sheila?
(a) Social skills.
(b) Personal hygiene.
(c) Math skills.
(d) Reading skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
2. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
3. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
4. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
5. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
2. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
3. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
4. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
5. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
6. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
7. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
8. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
9. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
10. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)