|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(b) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(c) Because then people will know she hurts.
(d) Because she doesn't know how.
2. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
(b) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(c) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
(d) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
3. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
(a) Just before summer break.
(b) Just after Thanksgiving break.
(c) Just after the year begins.
(d) Just after Christmas vacation.
4. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
(b) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(c) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(d) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
5. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Hospitalize them.
(b) Pity them.
(c) Surprise them.
(d) Hold them to societal standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
2. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
3. Which of the following items isn't something that Torey brings to school with her the next day?
4. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
5. What does Sheila associate going to another class with in her own life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
2. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
3. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
4. In what way does Ed Somers temporarily assuage the situation between Mr. Collins and Torey?
5. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
6. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
7. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
8. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
9. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
10. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)