|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila say when Sheila tells her that someday she will go to another class?
(a) She says that she will always come back to see Torey.
(b) She says that she will destroy another class so she should stay.
(c) She says that Torey tamed her so now she is responsible for her.
(d) She says that she wonders if Torey will go to another class too.
2. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
(a) High school students.
(b) Migrant workers.
(c) No one.
3. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
(a) She agrees to take them back.
(b) She agrees to keep them at school.
(c) She agrees to talk to her father for her.
(d) She agrees to find a different present.
4. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She is not hopeful.
(b) She is surprised that is his dream.
(c) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
(d) She knows he will achieve that dream.
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
(a) She wets the bed.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sucks her thumb.
(d) She is a loner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
2. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
3. What does Sheila do with the notes from the Kobold that Torey gives her?
4. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
5. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Torey start each morning and what happens during this time?
2. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
3. What happens when Torey computes Shelia's score and what does this mean?
4. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
5. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
6. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
7. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
8. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
9. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
10. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)