|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed remind Torey when he is called in after the incident when Sheila destroys the other teacher's classroom?
(a) That Sheila cannot leave Torey's classroom.
(b) That Sheila burned a young boy.
(c) That Sheila has significant problems.
(d) That Sheila is only there temporarily.
2. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
(a) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 1/2 an hour early.
(b) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 2 hours late.
(c) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave 1/2 an hour late.
(d) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave two hours early.
3. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
(b) Juvenile ward.
(c) Another classroom in the district.
(d) State hospital.
4. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
(a) She is sent to the corner.
(b) Anton ends up chasing her around the room.
(c) Torey moves the group to where she is sitting.
(d) She runs out of the room to the gym again.
5. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
(a) She declined it.
(b) She had reservations.
(c) She was excited.
(d) She was unsure and wanted to visit the students before deciding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
2. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
3. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
4. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
5. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
2. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
3. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
4. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
5. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
6. What does Torey say about her work?
7. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
8. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
9. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
10. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)