|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Bright and thriving.
(b) Quiet and sullen.
(c) Verbal but not well behaved.
(d) Verbal and engaging.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
3. What activity was the class doing when Sheila first participated with the other students?
(a) Going to an assembly.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Cooking some food.
(d) Reading a story.
4. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
(b) Soft spoken.
5. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
(a) The goldfish incident.
(b) The hygiene issue.
(c) The burning incident.
(d) Sheila's missing mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
2. What is Torey's favorite television show?
3. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
4. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
5. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
2. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
3. In what way does Ed Somers temporarily assuage the situation between Mr. Collins and Torey?
4. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
5. How does Torey start each morning and what happens during this time?
6. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
7. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
8. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
9. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
10. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)