|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She screams and claws at the door.
(b) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(c) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(d) She kicks Ed in the shin.
2. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
(a) Until the end of the day.
(b) Until Torey is finished with all of the other students.
(c) Until she is ready to work.
(d) Until she is ready to apologize to the student she hurt.
3. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She has signs of current abuse.
(b) She has many scars on her little body.
(c) She is undernourished and very skinny.
(d) She is afraid of taking a bath.
4. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
(a) She is afraid of being whipped when she is wrong.
(b) She thinks she will have to leave the classroom if she gets them wrong.
(c) She wants to always please Torey.
(d) She believes that all of the other students got all of the answers right.
5. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Basic manners.
(b) Proper grammar.
(c) Basic hygeine.
(d) Appropriate eating skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
2. What does Sheila associate going to another class with in her own life?
3. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
4. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
5. How does Torey describe Anton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the superintendent call a meeting and what is the outcome of that meeting?
2. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
3. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
4. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
5. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
6. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
7. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
8. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
9. What new revelation has Sheila come to about the story of The Little Prince?
10. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)