|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Sheila ask Torey about the paperwork?
(a) She wants to know why Torey doesn't do paperwork.
(b) She wants to know why the other students do not have to do it.
(c) She wants to know how to do paperwork.
(d) She wants to know why it is important.
2. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Proper grammar.
(b) Appropriate eating skills.
(c) Basic hygeine.
(d) Basic manners.
3. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) When one of the students comes close to her.
(b) When Torey calls her name.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) When she hears a loud noise.
4. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Interest in sharing a story.
(b) Love of teaching.
(c) Disability awareness.
(d) Love for her students.
5. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
(a) She was hit by a car.
(b) She broke her leg playing.
(c) Her father cut her leg to punish her.
(d) She was pushed out of the car by her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
2. Who does Shelia live with?
3. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
4. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
5. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
2. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
3. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
4. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
5. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
6. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
7. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
8. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
9. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
10. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)