|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(b) Frustrating and sad.
(d) Awe inspiring.
2. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
(a) She is afraid of being whipped when she is wrong.
(b) She believes that all of the other students got all of the answers right.
(c) She thinks she will have to leave the classroom if she gets them wrong.
(d) She wants to always please Torey.
3. What food item does the class make during cooking time today?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Chocolate-covered bananas.
(c) Chocolate-covered strawberries.
(d) Chocolate brownies.
4. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she cannot move.
(b) So she will feel safe.
(c) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
(d) So she can help her complete the math activity.
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
2. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
3. Which of the following seems to be an accurate description of Sheila in chapter six?
4. Which student does Sheila hurt at the beginning of chapter five?
5. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Torey computes Shelia's score and what does this mean?
2. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
3. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
4. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
5. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
6. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
7. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
8. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
9. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
10. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)