|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because she doesn't know how.
(b) Because then people will know she hurts.
(c) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(d) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
2. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Love of teaching.
(b) Interest in sharing a story.
(c) Love for her students.
(d) Disability awareness.
3. What is Torey's favorite television show?
(a) Brady Bunch.
(b) Little House on the Praire.
(c) Welcome Back Kotter.
(d) Star Trek.
4. What does Torey think is the next important area to work on with Sheila?
(a) Personal hygiene.
(b) Math skills.
(c) Social skills.
(d) Reading skills.
5. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
(a) A surprise field trip.
(b) Ice cream on Friday.
(c) A pizza party.
(d) Extra recess time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
2. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
3. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
4. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
5. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
2. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
3. In what way does Ed Somers temporarily assuage the situation between Mr. Collins and Torey?
4. What information does Torey learn at the beginning of this chapter and how does Torey feel after she hears it?
5. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
6. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
7. What surprises Torey about Whitney and why does this surprise her?
8. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
9. What is the epilogue composed of?
10. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)