|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Parent teacher conferences.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Home visits.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
3. Why does Mr. Collins paddle Sheila?
(a) She started a food fight in the cafeteria.
(b) She destroyed a teacher's classroom.
(c) She ran away from the playground.
(d) She tore up the paperwork he had.
4. Which of the following items isn't something that Torey brings to school with her the next day?
(b) Baby lotion.
(d) Water bottles
5. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(a) Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
2. What does Sheila say when Sheila tells her that someday she will go to another class?
3. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
4. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
5. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
2. What does Torey say about her work?
3. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
4. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
5. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
6. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
7. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
8. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
9. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
10. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)