Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(b) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(c) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(d) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
2. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
(a) Her students should not be in a public school setting.
(b) Her work has many rewards.
(c) Her work is exhausting.
(d) Time put in equals rewards.
3. What does Sheila ask Torey?
(a) If she wants her to be good.
(b) If she loves her.
(c) If she is special to her.
(d) If she can take her home.
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Verbal and engaging.
(b) Verbal but not well behaved.
(c) Bright and thriving.
(d) Quiet and sullen.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
2. What does Ed remind Torey when he is called in after the incident when Sheila destroys the other teacher's classroom?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
4. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
5. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
2. What do you believe the poem is an indicator of?
3. Why does Sheila decide she will start completing paperwork?
4. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
5. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
6. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
7. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
8. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
9. What is the epilogue composed of?
10. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)