|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
2. How does Torey describe Anton?
(a) Patient and good with the kids.
(b) Surprisingly well educated.
(c) Understanding and kind.
(d) Good with the kids, but unable to help with academics.
3. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(b) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(c) She screams and claws at the door.
(d) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
4. What does Torey try to do once all of the children are gone?
(a) Make lesson plans for the next day.
(b) Figure out a plan for Sheila.
(c) Call the social worker.
(d) Talk to Sheila.
5. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
(a) She says she is special to Torey just like the fox is special to the Prince.
(b) She says that Torey is like the fox and she is like the Prince.
(c) She says that they are not anything like the book.
(d) She says that she is a princess which is almost like a prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chad suggest Torey contact?
2. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
3. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
4. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
5. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
2. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
3. What does Torey say about her work?
4. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
5. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
6. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
7. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
8. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
9. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
10. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)