|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
(c) Soft spoken.
2. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(b) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(c) She screams and claws at the door.
(d) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
3. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(b) She is unable to bathe.
(c) She is not allowed to have any water.
(d) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
4. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
(a) Basement class.
(b) Dump class.
(c) Wasted class.
(d) Garbage class.
5. What does Torey want to test in regards to Sheila?
(a) Her emotions.
(b) Her ability to do math.
(c) All of her academic skills.
(d) Her IQ.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
2. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
3. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
4. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
5. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
2. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
3. What happens for Torey and Anton during the students lunch period?
4. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
5. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
6. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
7. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
8. What does Torey read in the article from the newspaper and what does this lead her to predict?
9. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
10. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)