|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
(a) She agrees to talk to her father for her.
(b) She agrees to find a different present.
(c) She agrees to keep them at school.
(d) She agrees to take them back.
2. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
(a) The hygiene issue.
(b) Sheila's missing mother.
(c) The goldfish incident.
(d) The burning incident.
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
4. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
(a) Basement class.
(b) Dump class.
(c) Garbage class.
(d) Wasted class.
5. What does Sheila do at the end of the day after the other students are gone?
(a) Goes to the bathroom to clean off the chocolate.
(b) Eats all of the leftover toppings from the cooking lesson.
(c) Goes to the quiet chair and sits to wait for her bus.
(d) Walks around the classroom aimlessly.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
2. What does Torey think is the next important area to work on with Sheila?
3. Why does Sheila refuse to accept the gift that Torey gives to her?
4. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
5. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey say about her work?
2. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
3. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
4. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
5. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
6. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
7. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
8. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
9. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
10. How does Torey start each morning and what happens during this time?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)