|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
(a) She takes the pencils away when she leaves the class.
(b) She refuses to have more class pets.
(c) She sends Sheila to the office to eat her lunch.
(d) She eats lunch with the kids.
2. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(b) Social Worker.
(c) Mental Health Professional.
(d) Special Educator.
3. Which student does Sheila hurt at the beginning of chapter five?
(c) Savannah Joy.
4. What does Sheila ask Torey?
(a) If she is special to her.
(b) If she loves her.
(c) If she can take her home.
(d) If she wants her to be good.
5. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
(c) Social worker.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shelia live with?
2. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
3. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
4. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
5. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
2. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
3. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
4. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
5. In what way does Ed Somers temporarily assuage the situation between Mr. Collins and Torey?
6. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
7. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
8. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
9. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
10. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)