|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Parent teacher conferences.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Home visits.
2. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) They will not be returned.
(b) She can put them on before she goes home.
(c) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(d) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
3. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
(a) Talk to Torey directly.
(b) Orally respond to other students.
(c) Touch any of the teachers or students.
4. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She has signs of current abuse.
(b) She is undernourished and very skinny.
(c) She is afraid of taking a bath.
(d) She has many scars on her little body.
5. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Interest in sharing a story.
(b) Love for her students.
(c) Love of teaching.
(d) Disability awareness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
2. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
3. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
4. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
5. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
2. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
3. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
4. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
5. What happens when Torey computes Shelia's score and what does this mean?
6. How does Torey start each morning and what happens during this time?
7. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
8. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
9. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
10. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)