|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
(a) She raises her hand until Torey acknnowledges her.
(b) She goes back to her seat and completes the math work.
(c) She yells across the room saying she is ready to do her work.
(d) She touches her arm and nods when asked if she is ready.
2. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
(a) Soft spoken.
3. Which of the following is one of the stories which Sheila becomes enthralled with?
(a) Puss in Boots.
(b) The Little Mermaid.
(c) The Emperor's New Clothes.
(d) The Little Prince.
4. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
(b) She is unable to bathe.
(c) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(d) She is not allowed to have any water.
5. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Interest in sharing a story.
(b) Love for her students.
(c) Disability awareness.
(d) Love of teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
3. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
4. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
5. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
2. What does Torey read in the article from the newspaper and what does this lead her to predict?
3. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
4. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
5. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
6. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
7. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
8. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
9. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
10. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)