|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
(b) She is unable to bathe.
(c) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(d) She is not allowed to have any water.
2. Which of the following seems to be an accurate description of Sheila in chapter six?
(a) She is eager to learn.
(b) She is unteachable.
(c) She seems psychopathic.
(d) She seems to be afraid of Torey.
3. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
(b) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
(c) She says she always knew those words.
(d) She says that her father taught her.
4. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
(b) Soft spoken.
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
(a) She believes in conventional teaching methods.
(b) She is very disorganized.
(c) She often wears jeans to work.
(d) She prefers the students call her by her first name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey describe Anton?
2. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
3. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
4. Why does Mr. Collins paddle Sheila?
5. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
2. What does Torey say about her work?
3. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
4. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
5. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
6. How does Shelia get to the classroom and how does she appear?
7. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
8. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
9. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
10. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)