|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
(a) The other children continued to work on their own work.
(b) Sheila spoke to Torey.
(c) Sheila moved her chair according to where the group was.
(d) Anton was able to get Sheila to complete a math paper.
2. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(c) Frustrating and sad.
(d) Awe inspiring.
3. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
(a) Changing the name of her class.
(b) Transferring a student out.
(c) Moving her room to a larger room with more space.
(d) Having another aide assigned.
4. What does Sheila do at the end of the day after the other students are gone?
(a) Goes to the quiet chair and sits to wait for her bus.
(b) Walks around the classroom aimlessly.
(c) Goes to the bathroom to clean off the chocolate.
(d) Eats all of the leftover toppings from the cooking lesson.
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
(a) She wets the bed.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is a loner.
(d) She sucks her thumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
2. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
3. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
4. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
5. What does Sheila associate going to another class with in her own life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two rules that all of the students must follow in Torey's classroom?
2. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
3. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
4. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
5. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
6. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
7. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
8. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
9. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
10. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)