|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
(a) Students should not be shoved through the system.
(b) The rewards she experiences are very small.
(c) Her students are hopeless cases.
(d) Children touch her life.
2. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
(b) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(c) She is unable to bathe.
(d) She is not allowed to have any water.
3. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
(b) Plays music that soothes the students.
(c) Uses a child safety gate.
(d) Locks the door.
4. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of social awareness.
(b) Moment of understanding.
(c) Moment of peace.
(d) Moment of learning.
5. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
(a) They will never be able to remove Sheila from his care.
(b) That underneath it all he does love her.
(c) That they depend on each other for survival.
(d) That she provides him with an income.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
2. Which of the following is one of the stories which Sheila becomes enthralled with?
3. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
4. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Sheila that caused her to bleed?
2. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
3. What does Sheila want to know when Torey returns to school after being at the conference?
4. What does Sheila's father do at the end of this chapter which gives Torey hope that he is trying to do the right thing?
5. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
6. How does Sheila seem when she returns to school and what does this make Torey worry about?
7. What realization do both Torey and Sheila come to about how they have changed?
8. What does Torey do when Sheila throws the blocks across the room at Tyler and how does Sheila respond?
9. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
10. What does Chad give to Sheila and how does she react?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)