|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(b) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(c) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
(d) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
2. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(a) Mr. Collins.
3. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of peace.
(b) Moment of understanding.
(c) Moment of social awareness.
(d) Moment of learning.
4. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
(a) Ice cream on Friday.
(b) Extra recess time.
(c) A pizza party.
(d) A surprise field trip.
5. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be an aide in the room.
(b) Must have a college degree.
(c) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(d) Must be bilingual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
2. What activity was the class doing when Sheila first participated with the other students?
3. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
4. What does Sheila say when Sheila tells her that someday she will go to another class?
5. What question does Sheila ask Torey about the paperwork?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has had it with Sheila's behavior and what happens between this person and Torey?
2. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
3. What does Torey say about her work?
4. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do and what does she do as part of her refusal?
5. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
6. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
7. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
8. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
9. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
10. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)