|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her foster family.
(d) Her father.
2. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
(a) Carries her.
(b) Shoves her in the room.
(c) Walks her in nicely.
(d) Drags her.
3. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
(a) She clings to Torey.
(b) She hurts the other children.
(c) She sits in the quiet chair.
(d) She plays with blocks.
4. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
(a) Sheila runs out of the room.
(b) Sheila breaks free and shouts that she hates Torey.
(c) Sheila becomes limp and does nothing.
(d) Sheila stabs Torey with a pencil.
5. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
(a) Student reactions.
(b) Kobold notes.
(c) Hints from Torey.
(d) Anton's praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
2. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
4. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
5. Where does Torey get some clothes for Sheila?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
2. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
3. How does Torey start each morning and what happens during this time?
4. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
5. What information does Torey learn when she contacts Sheila's previous teacher and how does the conversation leave her feeling?
6. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
7. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
8. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
9. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
10. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)