|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
(b) Social worker.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Hold them to societal standards.
(c) Surprise them.
(d) Hospitalize them.
3. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
(a) That she provides him with an income.
(b) That they depend on each other for survival.
(c) They will never be able to remove Sheila from his care.
(d) That underneath it all he does love her.
4. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She supports.
(b) She cares.
(c) She tolerates.
(d) She empathizes.
5. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(b) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(c) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(d) She screams and claws at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
2. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
3. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
4. Who does Chad suggest Torey contact?
5. Who does Shelia live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
2. What does Torey come to find out Sheila has done which has led Freddie to get sick on a regular basis?
3. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
4. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
5. What does Torey do to relieve the stress she experiences from her day with the children?
6. What does Torey read in the article from the newspaper and what does this lead her to predict?
7. What present does Anton give to Torey for her birthday?
8. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
9. What does Sheila continue to dwell on even though Torey asks her not to?
10. What does Torey think may be at the heart of Sheila's aversion to completing paperwork and why does she think this way?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)