|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
(a) Basement class.
(b) Wasted class.
(c) Garbage class.
(d) Dump class.
2. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
(a) Her students should not be in a public school setting.
(b) Time put in equals rewards.
(c) Her work is exhausting.
(d) Her work has many rewards.
3. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
(a) Touch any of the teachers or students.
(c) Orally respond to other students.
(d) Talk to Torey directly.
4. What does Sheila say as she leaves Torey at the end of chapter six?
(a) See ya Torey.
(b) Thanks Torey.
(c) See you tomorrow Teacher.
(d) Bye teacher.
5. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(b) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
(c) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name appears on several of the Kobold's notes at the end of the day when Torey reads them?
2. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
3. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
4. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
5. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Torey decides to take the job that Ed Somers has offered her?
2. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
3. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
4. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
5. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
6. What does Torey say about her work?
7. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
8. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
9. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
10. What did Torey find most surprising in the file she read on Shelia and what did she think about the statement?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)