|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(b) Awe inspiring.
(c) Frustrating and sad.
2. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
(a) It is not meant for her.
(b) They do not like her.
(c) It is a class she wants to leave.
(d) They are all crazy.
3. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She cares.
(b) She tolerates.
(c) She empathizes.
(d) She supports.
4. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
(c) Soft spoken.
5. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
(a) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave two hours early.
(b) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave 1/2 an hour late.
(c) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 1/2 an hour early.
(d) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 2 hours late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
2. Which of the following seems to be an accurate description of Sheila in chapter six?
3. What activity was the class doing when Sheila first participated with the other students?
4. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
5. What does Torey indicate Sheila is very good at doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What expectations does Torey set with Sheila before the start of the school day?
2. In what way does Ed Somers temporarily assuage the situation between Mr. Collins and Torey?
3. Who does Shelia live with and what events transpired to lead to her current living arrangement?
4. What does Torey say about her work?
5. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
6. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
7. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
8. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
9. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
10. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)