|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
(a) They do not like her.
(b) It is not meant for her.
(c) They are all crazy.
(d) It is a class she wants to leave.
2. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(b) Must be an aide in the room.
(c) Must have a college degree.
(d) Must be bilingual.
3. Why does Sheila refuse to accept the gift that Torey gives to her?
(a) She doesn't to show Torey how she feels.
(b) She does not like the present.
(c) She is afraid it will be ruined at her home.
(d) She says her father will not let her keep them.
4. How does Torey describe Anton?
(a) Understanding and kind.
(b) Good with the kids, but unable to help with academics.
(c) Surprisingly well educated.
(d) Patient and good with the kids.
5. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She empathizes.
(b) She cares.
(c) She tolerates.
(d) She supports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
2. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
4. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
5. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
2. What does Sheila tell Torey about her brother Jimmie and why does Torey say her mother took Jimmie?
3. What does Sheila do when the children are participating in the cooking activity?
4. What expectations does Torey set for Sheila for the day?
5. What happens when Torey tries to show Shelia around the classroom?
6. Write a description of Torey's aides in this new classroom.
7. What information does Torey learn from the social worker that brings Sheila to school the next morning and how does that leave her feeling?
8. How does Torey go about determining Sheila's IQ?
9. What does Torey tell the children about the Kobold box?
10. What scene do Torey and Anton walk in on after they hear the shriek and Tyler runs into the room screaming about eyes and the new girl?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)