|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says she always knew those words.
(b) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
(c) She says that her father taught her.
(d) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
2. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
3. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(b) Must be an aide in the room.
(c) Must have a college degree.
(d) Must be bilingual.
4. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Home visits.
(c) Parent teacher conferences.
(d) Phone calls.
5. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
(b) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(c) She works with the blocks on her own.
(d) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila do with the notes from the Kobold that Torey gives her?
2. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
3. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
4. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
5. What does Sheila ask Torey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Torey's class comprised of in relation to the other students in the school?
2. How does Sheila feel about the clothes Torey found for her and why does she feel that way?
3. How does Sheila explain to Torey that she was able to know such advanced vocabulary terms?
4. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
5. What topic never comes up in the classroom that surprise Torey and why does this surprise Torey?
6. What does Sheila ask Torey about the story the Little Prince and how does Torey respond?
7. Why does Torey stop asking Sheila questions about the scars she sees on her body as she bathes her?
8. How far is Sheila going and what does she tell Torey about the entire process?
9. What does Torey do to try to overcome Sheila's refusal?
10. Why does Torey spend time reading to Sheila after school?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)