|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
2. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
(a) Social worker.
(c) Her father.
3. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
(a) Stands up.
(b) Stomps her feet.
(d) Nothing at all.
4. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
(a) Shelia refuses to leave the chair or talk to Torey.
(b) Anton goes and brings Shelia back her own lunch.
(c) The class eats within their own classroom.
(d) She follows Torey out of the room, but will not touch her.
5. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
(a) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave 1/2 an hour late.
(b) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 2 hours late.
(c) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave two hours early.
(d) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 1/2 an hour early.
6. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Social Worker.
(b) Elementary Teacher.
(c) Special Educator.
(d) Mental Health Professional.
7. What does Sheila ask Torey?
(a) If she wants her to be good.
(b) If she loves her.
(c) If she can take her home.
(d) If she is special to her.
8. What question does Sheila ask Torey about the paperwork?
(a) She wants to know why the other students do not have to do it.
(b) She wants to know how to do paperwork.
(c) She wants to know why it is important.
(d) She wants to know why Torey doesn't do paperwork.
9. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of learning.
(b) Moment of understanding.
(c) Moment of peace.
(d) Moment of social awareness.
10. Why does Mr. Collins paddle Sheila?
(a) She started a food fight in the cafeteria.
(b) She ran away from the playground.
(c) She destroyed a teacher's classroom.
(d) She tore up the paperwork he had.
11. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says that her father taught her.
(b) She says she always knew those words.
(c) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
(d) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
12. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
13. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) They will not be returned.
(b) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(c) She can put them on before she goes home.
(d) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
14. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(d) Mr. Collins.
15. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
(a) Anton's praise.
(b) Student reactions.
(c) Kobold notes.
(d) Hints from Torey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
2. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
3. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
4. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
5. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)