|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
2. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(b) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(c) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
3. How does Sheila initially react to the present that Torey gave her?
(a) She doesn't make eye contact or acknowledge it.
(b) She is excited.
(c) It makes her very sad.
(d) She gets angry and stops pauing attention to it.
4. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Mental Health Professional.
(b) Special Educator.
(c) Social Worker.
(d) Elementary Teacher.
5. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
(a) Time put in equals rewards.
(b) Her work has many rewards.
(c) Her students should not be in a public school setting.
(d) Her work is exhausting.
6. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Hospitalize them.
(b) Hold them to societal standards.
(c) Pity them.
(d) Surprise them.
7. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(d) Mr. Collins.
8. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
(a) Anton's praise.
(b) Kobold notes.
(c) Student reactions.
(d) Hints from Torey.
9. What does Torey try to do once all of the children are gone?
(a) Call the social worker.
(b) Make lesson plans for the next day.
(c) Talk to Sheila.
(d) Figure out a plan for Sheila.
10. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(b) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(c) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(d) She screams and claws at the door.
11. What is Torey's favorite television show?
(a) Star Trek.
(b) Little House on the Praire.
(c) Welcome Back Kotter.
(d) Brady Bunch.
12. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
(b) No one.
(c) High school students.
(d) Migrant workers.
13. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
(a) Deflates some of the gym balls.
(b) Draws on the gym floor.
(c) Kicks Anton in the shin.
(d) Wets her pants.
14. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
15. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
(b) She says that her father taught her.
(c) She says she always knew those words.
(d) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia do with the items Torey attempts to use during her math time?
2. What does Ed remind Torey when he is called in after the incident when Sheila destroys the other teacher's classroom?
3. What food item does the class make during cooking time today?
4. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
5. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)