|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
(a) It is very censored.
(b) It describes a different child from the one Torey has seen.
(c) It is very thin.
(d) It contains too much information for such a young child.
2. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
(a) Carries her.
(b) Shoves her in the room.
(c) Drags her.
(d) Walks her in nicely.
3. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Basic manners.
(b) Appropriate eating skills.
(c) Proper grammar.
(d) Basic hygeine.
4. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
(a) Kicks Anton in the shin.
(b) Deflates some of the gym balls.
(c) Draws on the gym floor.
(d) Wets her pants.
5. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
(a) The burning incident.
(b) Sheila's missing mother.
(c) The goldfish incident.
(d) The hygiene issue.
6. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
(a) She wets the bed.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sucks her thumb.
(d) She is a loner.
7. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Plays music that soothes the students.
(b) Locks the door.
(c) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
(d) Uses a child safety gate.
8. What does Torey want to test in regards to Sheila?
(a) Her ability to do math.
(b) Her emotions.
(c) Her IQ.
(d) All of her academic skills.
9. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Social Worker.
(b) Special Educator.
(c) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Mental Health Professional.
10. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
(a) Her work is exhausting.
(b) Her students should not be in a public school setting.
(c) Time put in equals rewards.
(d) Her work has many rewards.
11. Why does Mr. Collins paddle Sheila?
(a) She started a food fight in the cafeteria.
(b) She tore up the paperwork he had.
(c) She ran away from the playground.
(d) She destroyed a teacher's classroom.
12. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
(a) Sheila's father is drunk.
(b) The shack is destroyed.
(c) Sheila is home alone.
(d) No one is home.
13. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
(a) A movie.
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Candy bar.
14. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) Parent teacher conferences.
(c) Home visits.
15. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
(a) Susannah Joy comes into the room.
(b) Peter screams and runs from the room.
(c) Freddie begins uncontrollably laughing loudly.
(d) Max stabs her with a pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
2. How does Torey begin each day?
3. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
4. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
5. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)