|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be an aide in the room.
(b) Must be bilingual.
(c) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(d) Must have a college degree.
2. What does Torey want to test in regards to Sheila?
(a) Her ability to do math.
(b) Her emotions.
(c) All of her academic skills.
(d) Her IQ.
3. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(c) Mr. Collins.
4. Which of the following is one of the stories which Sheila becomes enthralled with?
(a) The Little Prince.
(b) The Little Mermaid.
(c) The Emperor's New Clothes.
(d) Puss in Boots.
5. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(b) Awe inspiring.
(c) Frustrating and sad.
6. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She is undernourished and very skinny.
(b) She is afraid of taking a bath.
(c) She has many scars on her little body.
(d) She has signs of current abuse.
7. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
(a) Students should not be shoved through the system.
(b) Her students are hopeless cases.
(c) The rewards she experiences are very small.
(d) Children touch her life.
8. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
(a) Extra recess time.
(b) A pizza party.
(c) A surprise field trip.
(d) Ice cream on Friday.
9. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(b) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(c) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(d) She screams and claws at the door.
10. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
11. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
12. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
(a) She wets the bed.
(b) She sucks her thumb.
(c) She cries.
(d) She is a loner.
13. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
14. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
15. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
(a) Wets her pants.
(b) Draws on the gym floor.
(c) Kicks Anton in the shin.
(d) Deflates some of the gym balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
2. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
3. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
4. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
5. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)