|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
(a) Girls versus boys.
(b) Setting fires.
(c) Classroom rules.
(d) Being new.
2. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She empathizes.
(b) She supports.
(c) She tolerates.
(d) She cares.
3. Which of the following seems to be an accurate description of Sheila in chapter six?
(a) She is eager to learn.
(b) She is unteachable.
(c) She seems psychopathic.
(d) She seems to be afraid of Torey.
4. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
(a) She says that she is a princess which is almost like a prince.
(b) She says that Torey is like the fox and she is like the Prince.
(c) She says she is special to Torey just like the fox is special to the Prince.
(d) She says that they are not anything like the book.
5. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
(b) Speech teacher.
(c) Inclusion teacher.
(d) Resource teacher.
6. What is Torey's favorite television show?
(a) Little House on the Praire.
(b) Brady Bunch.
(c) Welcome Back Kotter.
(d) Star Trek.
7. How does Torey begin each day?
8. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
(c) Soft spoken.
9. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) They will not be returned.
(b) She can put them on before she goes home.
(c) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(d) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
10. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
(a) A pizza party.
(b) Ice cream on Friday.
(c) A surprise field trip.
(d) Extra recess time.
11. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
12. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
(a) Hair clips.
(b) A magazine.
(d) Wash cloth and towels.
13. What does Sheila say as she leaves Torey at the end of chapter six?
(a) See ya Torey.
(b) See you tomorrow Teacher.
(c) Thanks Torey.
(d) Bye teacher.
14. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Verbal but not well behaved.
(b) Bright and thriving.
(c) Verbal and engaging.
(d) Quiet and sullen.
15. What does Torey try to do once all of the children are gone?
(a) Figure out a plan for Sheila.
(b) Call the social worker.
(c) Talk to Sheila.
(d) Make lesson plans for the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey want to test in regards to Sheila?
2. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
3. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
4. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
5. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)