|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila's father tell Torey about Sheila?
(a) That she drinks with him.
(b) That she is evil.
(c) That she is bad news.
(d) That she is not his child.
2. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(b) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(c) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
3. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
(a) Moving her room to a larger room with more space.
(b) Transferring a student out.
(c) Having another aide assigned.
(d) Changing the name of her class.
4. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
(a) It is a class she wants to leave.
(b) They do not like her.
(c) It is not meant for her.
(d) They are all crazy.
5. How does Sheila initially react to the present that Torey gave her?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She gets angry and stops pauing attention to it.
(c) It makes her very sad.
(d) She doesn't make eye contact or acknowledge it.
6. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
(a) She sits in the quiet chair.
(b) She plays with blocks.
(c) She clings to Torey.
(d) She hurts the other children.
7. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Hospitalize them.
(b) Surprise them.
(c) Hold them to societal standards.
(d) Pity them.
8. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her foster family.
(d) Her mother.
9. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
(a) Sheila's father is drunk.
(b) Sheila is home alone.
(c) No one is home.
(d) The shack is destroyed.
10. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(b) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(c) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(d) Goes to read Shelia's file.
11. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(a) Mr. Collins.
12. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she will feel safe.
(b) So she cannot move.
(c) So she can help her complete the math activity.
(d) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
13. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She turns her back to Torey.
(b) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(c) She roots through all of the other students desks.
(d) She wanders around the room and touches things.
14. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
(b) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(c) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(d) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
15. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says she always knew those words.
(b) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
(c) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
(d) She says that her father taught her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
2. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
3. What does Sheila do at the end of the day after the other students are gone?
4. What does Sheila do with the notes from the Kobold that Torey gives her?
5. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)