|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
(a) A magazine.
(c) Wash cloth and towels.
(d) Hair clips.
2. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
(a) It contains too much information for such a young child.
(b) It is very censored.
(c) It describes a different child from the one Torey has seen.
(d) It is very thin.
3. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(b) She is not hopeful.
(c) She is surprised that is his dream.
(d) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
4. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(b) She roots through all of the other students desks.
(c) She wanders around the room and touches things.
(d) She turns her back to Torey.
5. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(b) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(c) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(d) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
6. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her foster family.
7. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(b) She works with the blocks on her own.
(c) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
(d) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
8. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because the child needs Torey.
(b) Because this child is a special case.
(c) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
(d) Because only Torey can handle this student.
9. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
(a) She is afraid of being whipped when she is wrong.
(b) She thinks she will have to leave the classroom if she gets them wrong.
(c) She believes that all of the other students got all of the answers right.
(d) She wants to always please Torey.
10. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She is afraid of taking a bath.
(b) She has signs of current abuse.
(c) She has many scars on her little body.
(d) She is undernourished and very skinny.
11. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
(a) Sheila spoke to Torey.
(b) Anton was able to get Sheila to complete a math paper.
(c) The other children continued to work on their own work.
(d) Sheila moved her chair according to where the group was.
12. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
13. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
(a) Shoves her in the room.
(b) Drags her.
(c) Walks her in nicely.
(d) Carries her.
14. What does Sheila's father tell Torey about Sheila?
(a) That she is evil.
(b) That she is bad news.
(c) That she drinks with him.
(d) That she is not his child.
15. Which of the following is one of the stories which Sheila becomes enthralled with?
(a) The Emperor's New Clothes.
(b) The Little Prince.
(c) The Little Mermaid.
(d) Puss in Boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
2. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
3. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
4. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
5. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)