|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
2. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
(a) No one.
(b) Migrant workers.
(d) High school students.
3. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(b) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(c) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
4. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(c) Frustrating and sad.
(d) Awe inspiring.
5. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they lack empathy skills.
(b) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(c) Because they pity her students.
(d) Because they do not understand education.
6. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
(a) She follows Torey out of the room, but will not touch her.
(b) The class eats within their own classroom.
(c) Anton goes and brings Shelia back her own lunch.
(d) Shelia refuses to leave the chair or talk to Torey.
7. What does Torey do with Sheila after school?
(a) She completes hygiene lessons.
(b) She reads to her.
(c) She works on trying to get her to complete paperwork.
(d) She practices trying to get her to learn to tie.
8. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(b) She is surprised that is his dream.
(c) She is not hopeful.
(d) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
9. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
(a) She had reservations.
(b) She was excited.
(c) She declined it.
(d) She was unsure and wanted to visit the students before deciding.
10. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(b) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(c) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
(d) She carries her to the cafeteria.
11. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
12. What is Torey's favorite television show?
(a) Brady Bunch.
(b) Little House on the Praire.
(c) Welcome Back Kotter.
(d) Star Trek.
13. What does Torey indicate Sheila is very good at doing?
(a) Exacting revenge.
(b) Blaming other people for her acts.
(c) Hiding from Torey and Anton.
(d) Getting out of having to do her work.
14. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Basic manners.
(b) Proper grammar.
(c) Basic hygeine.
(d) Appropriate eating skills.
15. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
(a) Sheila's father is drunk.
(b) Sheila is home alone.
(c) The shack is destroyed.
(d) No one is home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
2. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
3. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
5. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)