|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
(a) She tears up the paper.
(b) She wads up the paper and throws it.
(c) She cries.
(d) She does nothing.
2. What does Torey think is the next important area to work on with Sheila?
(a) Social skills.
(b) Personal hygiene.
(c) Reading skills.
(d) Math skills.
3. What does Sheila ask Torey?
(a) If she wants her to be good.
(b) If she can take her home.
(c) If she loves her.
(d) If she is special to her.
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Bright and thriving.
(b) Verbal but not well behaved.
(c) Verbal and engaging.
(d) Quiet and sullen.
5. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
6. Where does Torey get some clothes for Sheila?
(a) From Whitney's family.
(b) A local charity.
(c) Church box in the school office.
(d) From a girlfriend who has a young child.
7. What food item does the class make during cooking time today?
(a) Chocolate-covered strawberries.
(b) Chocolate-covered bananas.
(c) Chocolate brownies.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
8. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Parent teacher conferences.
(c) Home visits.
(d) Phone calls.
9. What does Sheila do with the notes from the Kobold that Torey gives her?
(a) She accepts them quietly.
(b) She tears them up into pieces.
(c) She stands on the chair and bows.
(d) She walks away from the group.
10. What does Torey do with Sheila after school?
(a) She reads to her.
(b) She practices trying to get her to learn to tie.
(c) She completes hygiene lessons.
(d) She works on trying to get her to complete paperwork.
11. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
(a) Drags her.
(b) Shoves her in the room.
(c) Walks her in nicely.
(d) Carries her.
12. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(b) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(c) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(d) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
13. Which student does Sheila hurt at the beginning of chapter five?
(d) Savannah Joy.
14. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her foster family.
15. Who does Chad suggest Torey contact?
(a) Her supervisor.
(b) Shelia's previous teacher.
(c) Shelia's social worker.
(d) Shelia's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
2. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
3. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
4. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
5. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)