|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
(a) Students should not be shoved through the system.
(b) The rewards she experiences are very small.
(c) Her students are hopeless cases.
(d) Children touch her life.
2. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
(b) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(c) She is unable to bathe.
(d) She is not allowed to have any water.
3. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
(b) Plays music that soothes the students.
(c) Uses a child safety gate.
(d) Locks the door.
4. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of social awareness.
(b) Moment of understanding.
(c) Moment of peace.
(d) Moment of learning.
5. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
(a) They will never be able to remove Sheila from his care.
(b) That underneath it all he does love her.
(c) That they depend on each other for survival.
(d) That she provides him with an income.
6. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
(a) Hints from Torey.
(b) Kobold notes.
(c) Anton's praise.
(d) Student reactions.
7. Which of the following is one of the stories which Sheila becomes enthralled with?
(a) The Emperor's New Clothes.
(b) The Little Mermaid.
(c) Puss in Boots.
(d) The Little Prince.
8. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Basic manners.
(b) Appropriate eating skills.
(c) Proper grammar.
(d) Basic hygeine.
9. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
(a) A movie.
(c) Candy bar.
(d) Ice cream.
10. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
11. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they do not understand education.
(b) Because they pity her students.
(c) Because they lack empathy skills.
(d) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
12. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her foster family.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
13. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
(a) Wasted class.
(b) Garbage class.
(c) Dump class.
(d) Basement class.
14. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
(a) She sends Sheila to the office to eat her lunch.
(b) She refuses to have more class pets.
(c) She eats lunch with the kids.
(d) She takes the pencils away when she leaves the class.
15. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(b) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
(c) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(d) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
2. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
3. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
4. Which of the following seems to be an accurate description of Sheila in chapter six?
5. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)