|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
(a) It contains too much information for such a young child.
(b) It describes a different child from the one Torey has seen.
(c) It is very thin.
(d) It is very censored.
2. What does Torey do with Sheila after school?
(a) She practices trying to get her to learn to tie.
(b) She reads to her.
(c) She works on trying to get her to complete paperwork.
(d) She completes hygiene lessons.
3. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) When Torey calls her name.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) When she hears a loud noise.
(d) When one of the students comes close to her.
4. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Surprise them.
(b) Hospitalize them.
(c) Hold them to societal standards.
(d) Pity them.
5. Which of the following seems to be an accurate description of Sheila in chapter six?
(a) She seems psychopathic.
(b) She seems to be afraid of Torey.
(c) She is unteachable.
(d) She is eager to learn.
6. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Uses a child safety gate.
(b) Locks the door.
(c) Plays music that soothes the students.
(d) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
7. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She works with the blocks on her own.
(b) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(c) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
(d) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
8. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they do not understand education.
(b) Because they lack empathy skills.
(c) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(d) Because they pity her students.
9. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
(a) Refusal to talk to the other students.
(b) Ability to read anything.
(c) High intellect.
(d) Speech pattern.
10. How does Sheila initially react to the present that Torey gave her?
(a) It makes her very sad.
(b) She gets angry and stops pauing attention to it.
(c) She doesn't make eye contact or acknowledge it.
(d) She is excited.
11. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
(a) Changing the name of her class.
(b) Having another aide assigned.
(c) Transferring a student out.
(d) Moving her room to a larger room with more space.
12. What question does Sheila ask Torey about the paperwork?
(a) She wants to know why the other students do not have to do it.
(b) She wants to know why it is important.
(c) She wants to know how to do paperwork.
(d) She wants to know why Torey doesn't do paperwork.
13. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
(a) Sheila runs out of the room.
(b) Sheila stabs Torey with a pencil.
(c) Sheila becomes limp and does nothing.
(d) Sheila breaks free and shouts that she hates Torey.
14. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She tolerates.
(b) She cares.
(c) She supports.
(d) She empathizes.
15. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(b) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(c) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(d) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
2. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
3. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
4. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
5. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)