|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Quiet and sullen.
(b) Verbal and engaging.
(c) Verbal but not well behaved.
(d) Bright and thriving.
2. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She screams and claws at the door.
(b) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(c) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(d) She kicks Ed in the shin.
3. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
(a) She plays with blocks.
(b) She clings to Torey.
(c) She hurts the other children.
(d) She sits in the quiet chair.
4. What does Sheila's father tell Torey about Sheila?
(a) That she is evil.
(b) That she is not his child.
(c) That she drinks with him.
(d) That she is bad news.
5. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Social Worker.
(b) Elementary Teacher.
(c) Special Educator.
(d) Mental Health Professional.
6. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(b) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
(c) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(d) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
7. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
(a) She goes back to her seat and completes the math work.
(b) She raises her hand until Torey acknnowledges her.
(c) She touches her arm and nods when asked if she is ready.
(d) She yells across the room saying she is ready to do her work.
8. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
(a) She cries.
(b) She wads up the paper and throws it.
(c) She does nothing.
(d) She tears up the paper.
9. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(a) Mr. Collins.
10. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she will feel safe.
(b) So she can help her complete the math activity.
(c) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
(d) So she cannot move.
11. What does Ed remind Torey when he is called in after the incident when Sheila destroys the other teacher's classroom?
(a) That Sheila burned a young boy.
(b) That Sheila has significant problems.
(c) That Sheila cannot leave Torey's classroom.
(d) That Sheila is only there temporarily.
12. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
(a) Candy bar.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) A movie.
13. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
(a) No one is home.
(b) The shack is destroyed.
(c) Sheila is home alone.
(d) Sheila's father is drunk.
14. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(b) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(c) Because she doesn't know how.
(d) Because then people will know she hurts.
15. Shelia seems to be realizing that Torey is someone that she can what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
2. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
3. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
4. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
5. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)