|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Parent teacher conferences.
(b) Home visits.
(c) Phone calls.
2. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(b) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(c) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(d) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
3. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
(a) Freddie begins uncontrollably laughing loudly.
(b) Peter screams and runs from the room.
(c) Max stabs her with a pencil.
(d) Susannah Joy comes into the room.
4. What does Sheila's father tell Torey about Sheila?
(a) That she drinks with him.
(b) That she is not his child.
(c) That she is evil.
(d) That she is bad news.
5. What question does Sheila ask Torey about the paperwork?
(a) She wants to know why Torey doesn't do paperwork.
(b) She wants to know how to do paperwork.
(c) She wants to know why the other students do not have to do it.
(d) She wants to know why it is important.
6. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
(b) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(c) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(d) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
7. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
(b) Stomps her feet.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) Stands up.
8. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
(a) Speech teacher.
(b) Resource teacher.
(c) Inclusion teacher.
9. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(a) Awe inspiring.
(c) Frustrating and sad.
10. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
(a) A magazine.
(b) Hair clips.
(c) Wash cloth and towels.
11. Which student does Sheila hurt at the beginning of chapter five?
(c) Savannah Joy.
12. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
(b) Because this child is a special case.
(c) Because the child needs Torey.
(d) Because only Torey can handle this student.
13. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
(a) Orally respond to other students.
(c) Talk to Torey directly.
(d) Touch any of the teachers or students.
14. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
15. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
(a) She is afraid of being whipped when she is wrong.
(b) She believes that all of the other students got all of the answers right.
(c) She wants to always please Torey.
(d) She thinks she will have to leave the classroom if she gets them wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
4. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
5. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)