|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(a) Mr. Collins.
2. Shelia seems to be realizing that Torey is someone that she can what?
3. How does Sheila initially react to the present that Torey gave her?
(a) It makes her very sad.
(b) She doesn't make eye contact or acknowledge it.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She gets angry and stops pauing attention to it.
4. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Surprise them.
(b) Pity them.
(c) Hospitalize them.
(d) Hold them to societal standards.
5. What does Sheila ask Torey?
(a) If she wants her to be good.
(b) If she is special to her.
(c) If she loves her.
(d) If she can take her home.
6. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
(a) State hospital.
(c) Juvenile ward.
(d) Another classroom in the district.
7. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Mental Health Professional.
(b) Social Worker.
(c) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Special Educator.
8. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
(b) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(c) She works with the blocks on her own.
(d) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
9. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
(a) She sends Sheila to the office to eat her lunch.
(b) She refuses to have more class pets.
(c) She takes the pencils away when she leaves the class.
(d) She eats lunch with the kids.
10. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(b) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
(c) She is not hopeful.
(d) She is surprised that is his dream.
11. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
(b) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(c) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(d) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
12. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
(a) They are all crazy.
(b) It is a class she wants to leave.
(c) They do not like her.
(d) It is not meant for her.
13. Which student does Sheila hurt at the beginning of chapter five?
(d) Savannah Joy.
14. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
15. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
(a) Inclusion teacher.
(b) Speech teacher.
(c) Resource teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
2. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
3. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
4. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
5. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)