|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
(a) It is very censored.
(b) It describes a different child from the one Torey has seen.
(c) It contains too much information for such a young child.
(d) It is very thin.
2. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
(a) Orally respond to other students.
(b) Talk to Torey directly.
(d) Touch any of the teachers or students.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Verbal and engaging.
(b) Quiet and sullen.
(c) Bright and thriving.
(d) Verbal but not well behaved.
4. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(b) She turns her back to Torey.
(c) She roots through all of the other students desks.
(d) She wanders around the room and touches things.
5. How does Sheila initially react to the present that Torey gave her?
(a) She gets angry and stops pauing attention to it.
(b) It makes her very sad.
(c) She doesn't make eye contact or acknowledge it.
(d) She is excited.
6. Whose name appears on several of the Kobold's notes at the end of the day when Torey reads them?
(a) Savannah Joy.
7. Why does Sheila refuse to accept the gift that Torey gives to her?
(a) She is afraid it will be ruined at her home.
(b) She says her father will not let her keep them.
(c) She doesn't to show Torey how she feels.
(d) She does not like the present.
8. What does Sheila associate going to another class with in her own life?
(a) Punishment for being bad.
(b) Having no friends.
(c) Her mother's abandonment.
(d) Her father's drinking.
9. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
10. What activity was the class doing when Sheila first participated with the other students?
(a) Reading a story.
(b) Going to an assembly.
(c) Cooking some food.
(d) Singing a song.
11. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
(b) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(c) They will not be returned.
(d) She can put them on before she goes home.
12. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
(a) She prefers the students call her by her first name.
(b) She often wears jeans to work.
(c) She is very disorganized.
(d) She believes in conventional teaching methods.
13. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
14. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
(a) Another classroom in the district.
(c) State hospital.
(d) Juvenile ward.
15. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be an aide in the room.
(b) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(c) Must be bilingual.
(d) Must have a college degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
2. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
3. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
4. What does Sheila say when Sheila tells her that someday she will go to another class?
5. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)