|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student does Sheila hurt at the beginning of chapter five?
(d) Savannah Joy.
2. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She turns her back to Torey.
(b) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(c) She roots through all of the other students desks.
(d) She wanders around the room and touches things.
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
4. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
5. What does Shelia do while she is in the quiet chair?
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Stomps her feet.
(d) Stands up.
6. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
(a) She runs out of the room to the gym again.
(b) Anton ends up chasing her around the room.
(c) Torey moves the group to where she is sitting.
(d) She is sent to the corner.
7. What does Torey do with Sheila after school?
(a) She reads to her.
(b) She completes hygiene lessons.
(c) She practices trying to get her to learn to tie.
(d) She works on trying to get her to complete paperwork.
8. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She is surprised that is his dream.
(b) She is not hopeful.
(c) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(d) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
9. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
10. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
(a) Kicks Anton in the shin.
(b) Wets her pants.
(c) Deflates some of the gym balls.
(d) Draws on the gym floor.
11. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Special Educator.
(b) Elementary Teacher.
(c) Social Worker.
(d) Mental Health Professional.
12. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(c) Frustrating and sad.
(d) Awe inspiring.
13. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) To go to the bathroom.
(b) When Torey calls her name.
(c) When one of the students comes close to her.
(d) When she hears a loud noise.
14. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
(b) She can put them on before she goes home.
(c) They will not be returned.
(d) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
15. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Interest in sharing a story.
(b) Love for her students.
(c) Disability awareness.
(d) Love of teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
2. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
3. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
4. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
5. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)