|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
(a) Resource teacher.
(c) Inclusion teacher.
(d) Speech teacher.
2. What does Sheila do at the end of the day after the other students are gone?
(a) Eats all of the leftover toppings from the cooking lesson.
(b) Goes to the bathroom to clean off the chocolate.
(c) Walks around the classroom aimlessly.
(d) Goes to the quiet chair and sits to wait for her bus.
3. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Proper grammar.
(b) Basic hygeine.
(c) Basic manners.
(d) Appropriate eating skills.
4. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
(a) Hair clips.
(c) A magazine.
(d) Wash cloth and towels.
5. What does Torey try to do once all of the children are gone?
(a) Make lesson plans for the next day.
(b) Call the social worker.
(c) Talk to Sheila.
(d) Figure out a plan for Sheila.
6. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
(b) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(c) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(d) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
7. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of learning.
(b) Moment of peace.
(c) Moment of social awareness.
(d) Moment of understanding.
8. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(b) Because she doesn't know how.
(c) Because then people will know she hurts.
(d) Because it is a sign of weakness.
9. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
(a) Anton ends up chasing her around the room.
(b) She runs out of the room to the gym again.
(c) She is sent to the corner.
(d) Torey moves the group to where she is sitting.
10. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
(a) Sheila becomes limp and does nothing.
(b) Sheila breaks free and shouts that she hates Torey.
(c) Sheila runs out of the room.
(d) Sheila stabs Torey with a pencil.
11. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(b) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(c) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(d) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
12. Which of the following is one of the stories which Sheila becomes enthralled with?
(a) The Little Prince.
(b) The Little Mermaid.
(c) Puss in Boots.
(d) The Emperor's New Clothes.
13. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
(a) Shoves her in the room.
(b) Carries her.
(c) Drags her.
(d) Walks her in nicely.
14. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
15. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(b) She wanders around the room and touches things.
(c) She turns her back to Torey.
(d) She roots through all of the other students desks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey describe Anton?
2. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
3. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
5. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)