|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Proper grammar.
(b) Basic manners.
(c) Basic hygeine.
(d) Appropriate eating skills.
2. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
(b) A magazine.
(c) Hair clips.
(d) Wash cloth and towels.
3. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(b) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(c) Because she doesn't know how.
(d) Because then people will know she hurts.
4. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
(a) They cry and run in circles.
(b) They run out of the classroom.
(c) They cower in fear and astonishment.
(d) They laugh and point at Shelia.
5. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(b) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(c) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(d) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
6. Which of the following items isn't something that Torey brings to school with her the next day?
(b) Water bottles
(d) Baby lotion.
7. What happens when Torey tries to force Sheila to do paperwork?
(a) Sheila runs out of the room.
(b) Sheila breaks free and shouts that she hates Torey.
(c) Sheila stabs Torey with a pencil.
(d) Sheila becomes limp and does nothing.
8. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
9. What does Sheila say as she leaves Torey at the end of chapter six?
(a) Bye teacher.
(b) See ya Torey.
(c) See you tomorrow Teacher.
(d) Thanks Torey.
10. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
(a) Kobold notes.
(b) Anton's praise.
(c) Student reactions.
(d) Hints from Torey.
11. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
(b) They will not be returned.
(c) She can put them on before she goes home.
(d) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
12. What does Torey indicate Sheila is very good at doing?
(a) Blaming other people for her acts.
(b) Hiding from Torey and Anton.
(c) Getting out of having to do her work.
(d) Exacting revenge.
13. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
(a) They do not like her.
(b) They are all crazy.
(c) It is not meant for her.
(d) It is a class she wants to leave.
14. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She supports.
(b) She cares.
(c) She tolerates.
(d) She empathizes.
15. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
(a) Anton goes and brings Shelia back her own lunch.
(b) Shelia refuses to leave the chair or talk to Torey.
(c) She follows Torey out of the room, but will not touch her.
(d) The class eats within their own classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
2. Who does Chad suggest Torey contact?
3. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
4. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
5. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)