|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
(a) Until Torey is finished with all of the other students.
(b) Until she is ready to apologize to the student she hurt.
(c) Until the end of the day.
(d) Until she is ready to work.
2. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She is undernourished and very skinny.
(b) She has many scars on her little body.
(c) She has signs of current abuse.
(d) She is afraid of taking a bath.
3. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
(b) So she will feel safe.
(c) So she cannot move.
(d) So she can help her complete the math activity.
4. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
(a) Talk to Torey directly.
(b) Touch any of the teachers or students.
(c) Orally respond to other students.
5. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(b) Social Worker.
(c) Special Educator.
(d) Mental Health Professional.
6. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
(a) Speech teacher.
(b) Inclusion teacher.
(d) Resource teacher.
7. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(b) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(c) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
8. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
(a) Being new.
(b) Girls versus boys.
(c) Classroom rules.
(d) Setting fires.
9. What does Sheila do at the end of the day after the other students are gone?
(a) Eats all of the leftover toppings from the cooking lesson.
(b) Walks around the classroom aimlessly.
(c) Goes to the quiet chair and sits to wait for her bus.
(d) Goes to the bathroom to clean off the chocolate.
10. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(b) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(c) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
11. What is Torey's favorite television show?
(a) Brady Bunch.
(b) Star Trek.
(c) Welcome Back Kotter.
(d) Little House on the Praire.
12. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(a) Frustrating and sad.
(b) Awe inspiring.
13. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
(b) Her father.
(c) Social worker.
14. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because then people will know she hurts.
(b) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(c) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(d) Because she doesn't know how.
15. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
(a) That they depend on each other for survival.
(b) They will never be able to remove Sheila from his care.
(c) That underneath it all he does love her.
(d) That she provides him with an income.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey describe Anton?
2. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
3. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
4. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
5. Why does Mr. Collins paddle Sheila?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)