|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(a) Frustrating and sad.
(c) Awe inspiring.
2. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
(a) Sheila's missing mother.
(b) The hygiene issue.
(c) The goldfish incident.
(d) The burning incident.
3. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
(a) High school students.
(b) No one.
(d) Migrant workers.
4. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(b) She is surprised that is his dream.
(c) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
(d) She is not hopeful.
5. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
(a) A magazine.
(b) Hair clips.
(d) Wash cloth and towels.
6. What does Torey think is the next important area to work on with Sheila?
(a) Social skills.
(b) Math skills.
(c) Reading skills.
(d) Personal hygiene.
7. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
(a) She believes in conventional teaching methods.
(b) She is very disorganized.
(c) She prefers the students call her by her first name.
(d) She often wears jeans to work.
8. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(b) Must have a college degree.
(c) Must be bilingual.
(d) Must be an aide in the room.
9. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
(a) She is a loner.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sucks her thumb.
(d) She wets the bed.
10. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
(a) Anton goes and brings Shelia back her own lunch.
(b) Shelia refuses to leave the chair or talk to Torey.
(c) The class eats within their own classroom.
(d) She follows Torey out of the room, but will not touch her.
11. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
(a) Anton's praise.
(b) Kobold notes.
(c) Hints from Torey.
(d) Student reactions.
12. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
(a) She runs out of the room to the gym again.
(b) She is sent to the corner.
(c) Torey moves the group to where she is sitting.
(d) Anton ends up chasing her around the room.
13. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
(b) She works with the blocks on her own.
(c) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(d) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
14. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
(a) She says that Torey is like the fox and she is like the Prince.
(b) She says that they are not anything like the book.
(c) She says she is special to Torey just like the fox is special to the Prince.
(d) She says that she is a princess which is almost like a prince.
15. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because she doesn't know how.
(b) Because then people will know she hurts.
(c) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(d) Because it is a sign of weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
2. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
3. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
4. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
5. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)