|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
(a) She broke her leg playing.
(b) Her father cut her leg to punish her.
(c) She was pushed out of the car by her mother.
(d) She was hit by a car.
2. Where does Torey get some clothes for Sheila?
(a) From a girlfriend who has a young child.
(b) Church box in the school office.
(c) From Whitney's family.
(d) A local charity.
3. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
(a) State hospital.
(b) Another classroom in the district.
(d) Juvenile ward.
4. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
5. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
(a) Classroom rules.
(b) Being new.
(c) Setting fires.
(d) Girls versus boys.
6. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
(b) Uses a child safety gate.
(c) Plays music that soothes the students.
(d) Locks the door.
7. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Proper grammar.
(b) Basic manners.
(c) Basic hygeine.
(d) Appropriate eating skills.
8. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Verbal and engaging.
(b) Quiet and sullen.
(c) Bright and thriving.
(d) Verbal but not well behaved.
9. What activity was the class doing when Sheila first participated with the other students?
(a) Reading a story.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Going to an assembly.
(d) Cooking some food.
10. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(b) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
(c) She is unable to bathe.
(d) She is not allowed to have any water.
11. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
(a) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 1/2 an hour early.
(b) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave two hours early.
(c) She will arrive 1/2 an hour early and leave 2 hours late.
(d) She will arrive 2 hours early and leave 1/2 an hour late.
12. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
(a) Shelia refuses to leave the chair or talk to Torey.
(b) The class eats within their own classroom.
(c) Anton goes and brings Shelia back her own lunch.
(d) She follows Torey out of the room, but will not touch her.
13. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
(a) The hygiene issue.
(b) Sheila's missing mother.
(c) The burning incident.
(d) The goldfish incident.
14. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(b) She is not hopeful.
(c) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
(d) She is surprised that is his dream.
15. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(b) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(c) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(d) Goes to read Shelia's file.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
2. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
3. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
4. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
5. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)