|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
(a) She says she is special to Torey just like the fox is special to the Prince.
(b) She says that Torey is like the fox and she is like the Prince.
(c) She says that she is a princess which is almost like a prince.
(d) She says that they are not anything like the book.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Verbal and engaging.
(b) Quiet and sullen.
(c) Verbal but not well behaved.
(d) Bright and thriving.
3. Whose name appears on several of the Kobold's notes at the end of the day when Torey reads them?
(c) Savannah Joy.
4. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
(a) She sits in the quiet chair.
(b) She hurts the other children.
(c) She plays with blocks.
(d) She clings to Torey.
5. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(b) She screams and claws at the door.
(c) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(d) She kicks Ed in the shin.
6. What option does Ed give Torey so that she will not go over the state maximum number of students?
(a) Having another aide assigned.
(b) Changing the name of her class.
(c) Transferring a student out.
(d) Moving her room to a larger room with more space.
7. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) She can put them on before she goes home.
(b) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(c) They will not be returned.
(d) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
8. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
(a) Max stabs her with a pencil.
(b) Freddie begins uncontrollably laughing loudly.
(c) Susannah Joy comes into the room.
(d) Peter screams and runs from the room.
9. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(b) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(c) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(d) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
10. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
11. What does Torey indicate Sheila is very good at doing?
(a) Hiding from Torey and Anton.
(b) Blaming other people for her acts.
(c) Getting out of having to do her work.
(d) Exacting revenge.
12. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
(a) Until Torey is finished with all of the other students.
(b) Until she is ready to work.
(c) Until she is ready to apologize to the student she hurt.
(d) Until the end of the day.
13. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Candy bar.
(d) A movie.
14. Which of the following items isn't something that Torey brings to school with her the next day?
(b) Water bottles
(d) Baby lotion.
15. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they lack empathy skills.
(b) Because they pity her students.
(c) Because they do not understand education.
(d) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
2. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
3. What does Torey do with Sheila after school?
4. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
5. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)