|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shelia do with the items Torey attempts to use during her math time?
(a) She refuses to do anything with them at all.
(b) She throws them across the room at another student.
(c) She hides them under her chair and desk.
(d) She shoves them into Torey's face.
2. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
(a) She wants to always please Torey.
(b) She believes that all of the other students got all of the answers right.
(c) She thinks she will have to leave the classroom if she gets them wrong.
(d) She is afraid of being whipped when she is wrong.
3. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) They will not be returned.
(b) She can put them on before she goes home.
(c) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(d) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
4. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says that her father taught her.
(b) She says she always knew those words.
(c) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
(d) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
5. What does Sheila do at the end of the day after the other students are gone?
(a) Goes to the bathroom to clean off the chocolate.
(b) Goes to the quiet chair and sits to wait for her bus.
(c) Eats all of the leftover toppings from the cooking lesson.
(d) Walks around the classroom aimlessly.
6. How long does Torey tell Shelia she must stay in the quiet chair?
(a) Until she is ready to apologize to the student she hurt.
(b) Until she is ready to work.
(c) Until Torey is finished with all of the other students.
(d) Until the end of the day.
7. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(b) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(c) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(d) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
8. What does Sheila say as she leaves Torey at the end of chapter six?
(a) See you tomorrow Teacher.
(b) Bye teacher.
(c) See ya Torey.
(d) Thanks Torey.
9. What is Torey's favorite television show?
(a) Brady Bunch.
(b) Little House on the Praire.
(c) Star Trek.
(d) Welcome Back Kotter.
10. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Quiet and sullen.
(b) Verbal but not well behaved.
(c) Bright and thriving.
(d) Verbal and engaging.
11. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
12. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
(a) She sucks her thumb.
(b) She wets the bed.
(c) She is a loner.
(d) She cries.
13. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) When she hears a loud noise.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) When one of the students comes close to her.
(d) When Torey calls her name.
14. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(b) Must be an aide in the room.
(c) Must have a college degree.
(d) Must be bilingual.
15. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
2. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
3. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
4. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
5. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)