|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
(b) They will not be returned.
(c) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(d) She can put them on before she goes home.
2. What question does Sheila ask Torey about the paperwork?
(a) She wants to know how to do paperwork.
(b) She wants to know why it is important.
(c) She wants to know why the other students do not have to do it.
(d) She wants to know why Torey doesn't do paperwork.
3. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
(a) Anton ends up chasing her around the room.
(b) She is sent to the corner.
(c) Torey moves the group to where she is sitting.
(d) She runs out of the room to the gym again.
4. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) Parent teacher conferences.
(d) Home visits.
5. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(b) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
(c) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
(d) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
6. Which of the following is an accurate description of Anton's children?
(a) Bright and thriving.
(b) Verbal but not well behaved.
(c) Quiet and sullen.
(d) Verbal and engaging.
7. What does Shelia do with the items Torey attempts to use during her math time?
(a) She shoves them into Torey's face.
(b) She refuses to do anything with them at all.
(c) She throws them across the room at another student.
(d) She hides them under her chair and desk.
8. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
(a) She empathizes.
(b) She supports.
(c) She cares.
(d) She tolerates.
9. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(b) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(c) She screams and claws at the door.
(d) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
10. What does Sheila's father tell Torey about Sheila?
(a) That she is not his child.
(b) That she is bad news.
(c) That she is evil.
(d) That she drinks with him.
11. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
12. How does Sheila initially react to the present that Torey gave her?
(a) She is excited.
(b) It makes her very sad.
(c) She gets angry and stops pauing attention to it.
(d) She doesn't make eye contact or acknowledge it.
13. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
(b) Her father.
(d) Social worker.
14. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
(b) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(c) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(d) She carries her to the cafeteria.
15. How does Sheila say that she learned such big words for a six year old?
(a) She says that her father taught her.
(b) She says she doesn't know how she learned them.
(c) She says that her other teacher let her read magazines.
(d) She says she always knew those words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey try to use with Shelia during her math time?
2. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
3. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
4. What does Sheila say when Sheila tells her that someday she will go to another class?
5. What does Torey indicate Sheila is very good at doing?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)