Short Essay Questions Key
1. How does Torey view the children with which she works?
Torey views the children with which she works with awe for what they can show her.
2. What does Torey say about her work?
Torey says that her work is often exhausting and that there is often very little reward for all of the long hours she puts in to it.
3. What does Torey say makes everything she puts into her work worthwhile?
Torey says that one brief moment of piece, of learning, and/or of understanding makes everything worthwhile.
4. What is the motivation of the creation of this novel for Torey?
The bond that Torey manages to establish with Shelia is the motivation for the creation of this book.
5. What does Torey read in the article from the newspaper and what does this lead her to predict?
Torey reads an article about a six-year old girl who burned a three-year-old boy after tying him to a tree and predicts that this child will resurface in her life.
This section contains 2,509 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)