|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(b) She is unable to bathe.
(c) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
(d) She is not allowed to have any water.
2. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
(a) That she doesn't like Torey and Torey can't make her speak.
(b) That she wants to leave this class as soon as possible.
(c) That she needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) That she doesn't want to be in this stupid classroom.
3. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
(a) She says that Torey is like the fox and she is like the Prince.
(b) She says that she is a princess which is almost like a prince.
(c) She says she is special to Torey just like the fox is special to the Prince.
(d) She says that they are not anything like the book.
4. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
(a) Orally respond to other students.
(c) Talk to Torey directly.
(d) Touch any of the teachers or students.
5. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
(a) She wants to always please Torey.
(b) She is afraid of being whipped when she is wrong.
(c) She believes that all of the other students got all of the answers right.
(d) She thinks she will have to leave the classroom if she gets them wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia do with the items Torey attempts to use during her math time?
2. How does Chad react to the news about Sheila's abuse?
3. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
4. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
5. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)