|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sheila return to school?
(b) End of April.
(c) She does not return for that school year.
(d) Beginning of June.
2. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
(a) Because it gives Torey a chance to work with the other kids.
(b) Because she refuses to do any paperwork.
(c) Because Sheila cannot be trusted in this subject.
(d) Because she cannot use a pencil correctly.
3. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Social Worker.
(b) Special Educator.
(c) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Mental Health Professional.
4. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) When one of the students comes close to her.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) When Torey calls her name.
(d) When she hears a loud noise.
5. What is unique about Sheila's home situation in regards to water?
(a) She is not allowed to have any water.
(b) She has to wash in the same bucket she drinks from.
(c) She is unable to bathe.
(d) She only has a pail of water for drinking in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey say she will reward the other children with if they keep working when Sheila has her outbursts?
2. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
3. What does Torey do with Sheila after school?
4. Which of the following is one of the stories which Sheila becomes enthralled with?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)