|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Surprise them.
(b) Pity them.
(c) Hold them to societal standards.
(d) Hospitalize them.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
3. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(b) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(c) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(d) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
4. What food item does the class make during cooking time today?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Chocolate-covered strawberries.
(c) Chocolate-covered bananas.
(d) Chocolate brownies.
5. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
(a) Speech pattern.
(b) Refusal to talk to the other students.
(c) High intellect.
(d) Ability to read anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
2. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
3. What does Sheila continue to refuse to do even though she has begun interacting with the other students?
4. Why isn't Torey sure she wants to return to graduate school?
5. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)